Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nano Resist...stealth nerf

Re: Coldstrike

Originally posted by Anikitos
    Eh...ofcource i was at full def...lol

Now to make you all laugh, not about NR.
    Yesterday i was testing with Stromm GA3 Fixer.

I was able to hit him MUCH more when he was at full def. When he went full aggro i would hit him LESS.

We tried this like 4 or 5 times, allways the same result.

I GIVE UP.
    Actually noticed this in solo missions yesterday. Soloed 30-50 mobs and noticed that my aggro setting had very little to do with whether they were missing or not, so turned it up to full, and you are right, they started missing MORE.

Thats freaked, lol. Ill go test this tmmrw.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Sanskrit the point isn't how much of a shield it is for anik, the point is it now doesn't do anything for us with LOWER resist than him. Previously I could go full def against an MP/Trader and have a semi-decent chance of resisting NSD/Plunder ... NOT ANYMORE. This affects ALL non-enfo's and THAT is the point. Enfo's still have the best NR, and they still resist alot, so what?

This isn't about enfo's having a nano shield, this is about us OTHERS who now are back to square one against devastating nano's like plunders and NSD

Sanskrit

/sarcasm on
    Two-Face and me and the others should indeed...STFU.
    We dont know what we are talking about.
    We suck.
    We dont test NR in the right way.
    We dont test anything in the right way.
    Simply put we are all EBAY chrs.
    We must STFU now because SANSKRIT is here and he KNOWS his ****.
    /sarcasm off

Read the thread and undestand what i am saying here.
    What i said from the start was simple.

All NON-ENFS are....screwed when it comes to NR. :P

Enforcer is the king of NR. If i can get hostile programs on me guess what happens to all the others.

Do i think it was right for the High Lvl NT to miss most of their nukes on me? HELL NO.

Doppia can nuke me now but not that well. What also makes me STUNNED is that i can resist MORE when i am at full AGGRO.
    I tested this with him and i resisted MORE at full AGGRO.
    He lands more nukes on me, yes.
    But he needs a boost either with LOWER NR CHECKS on his nukes and some higher dmg nukes.

Allthough his pest nano is indeed very sweet.

You want numbers?

20 Nukes...i think
    Me at full def.....Doppia full aggro and using PEST.
    For some reason for the first time in our tests i went UNDER 50% HP. I recasted Infernal Rage, 745 Layers, Mongo Crush.

20 Nukes...i think
    Me at full aggro....Doppia full aggro and using PEST.
    I was allmost at full HP. Allmost.

In both tests i did not have RRFE.
    Only the standard HE and Jobe from Doppia.

My nano resist is at .... 1518.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Re: Sanskrit

Do i think it was right for the High Lvl NT to miss most of their nukes on me? HELL NO.
    [/B]
    Oh :P.. Why didnt you just say so >.< This is what my main problem has been with this post. I thought you thought that was the way it should be. I think our nukes should have their NR lowered 30-50 percent or so.

But really this:

Sanskrit the point isn't how much of a shield it is for anik, the point is it now doesn't do anything for us with LOWER resist than him. Previously I could go full def against an MP/Trader and have a semi-decent chance of resisting NSD/Plunder ... NOT ANYMORE. This affects ALL non-enfo's and THAT is the point. Enfo's still have the best NR, and they still resist alot, so what?
    is not true. I dueled Punkbumm two times in the arena three days ago and resisted almost all the deprives, but she landed one when she was at half HP in the second fight. NR does work, really well on something like plunder and NSD when at full defense. **** still gets through, but I attribute that much more to a bad dice roll then I do a stealth NR nerf.

Again, Ank, didn't you say when we talked in game that you tested it again afterwards and it seemed to be as normal?

Yeah..

I dont know Piercing...i get VERY confusing results with Doppiafaccia.

I mean come on! I resist MORE at full AGGRO?
    Thats just sick.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

About the Nukes.

Its a hard one really. If you lower the NR checks that means all the others will get nuked to pieces too..hehe

What i think is that Enforcer should ofcource have the highest number of resists on NT nukes because of our high NR.

That does not mean i should resist like 19 out of 20 nukes. But i should resist good i think. Because if i dont resist that means others wont resist at all.....unless you get some special ENF nukes which imho is foolish.
    But i agree, you need something. I hope you get it.

Thats the only problem i see right now with NT vs Enf...in duels that is.

I mean in duels i concider my class to be one of the best there is.

In wars i am toast. :P
    In war i concider NT to be the dmg king.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Hehe...

Phingers
    Hehe I just got word from SpydeyV level 200 Enf with the Enhanced Queen Blade.

With Res Blast Divinecross took a Sydeyv to within 400 HP of death.

As Spydeyv mentioned......gave him an awful scare, He said she had blown thru his layers and had him at Half HP when her nullity Sphere Mk2 Fell....and he hadnt even started to hit her.

Phinger

Looks good right? :P
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Re: Hehe...

Phingers
    Hehe I just got word from SpydeyV level 200 Enf with the Enhanced Queen Blade.

With Res Blast Divinecross took a Sydeyv to within 400 HP of death.

As Spydeyv mentioned......gave him an awful scare, He said she had blown thru his layers and had him at Half HP when her nullity Sphere Mk2 Fell....and he hadnt even started to hit her.

Phinger

Looks good right? :P
    When we tested NR in the arena I had MC Mochams and even my 50% NR nuke wouldn't hit you but 2/10 or something like that. Rec Blast has a NR of 101%.

I don't see how this could have happened if he had the resist that Ank has.

I would love too...

....test this nuke.

Dammit, now i have to get Doppia the nuke.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Anikitos, I stand by my original post. The last paragraph was only tangentially about this thread and perhaps I could have made that clearer. Just wanted to vent frustrations with people who always try to break the game in their favor instead of playing it.

fought a 160ish doc yesterday with 1100+ NR, and i couldnt even land a divest

Statistical Musings

Hey folks,

Just a few musing on statistics and why some of the NR tests reported here may be yielding confusing results.

Of the tests that have been reported here, I don't think any of them has had more than 20 trials or so. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

What we are trying to reverse engineer is FCs code, which I am going to assume uses a random number generator that produces gaussian statistics. If you cast 20 nukes and 5 land, you figure you have a 0.25 chance of landing nukes in FC's code. The problem is that the test was done w/ a relatively small sample (try telling that to the people who sat there patiently nuking/getting nuked 20 times)...we all know people's complaints about having a mission at 95% at still not getting a token. Anyway, I found it interesting to estimate the error on that 0.25 measurement.

If you landed 5/20, you would say that you had a 0.25 chance of landing the nuke and that the error on that 0.25 chance is about 0.1. This means that the error on 5 is about 2....that is to say, if 0.25 were the true probability of your nuke landing in FC's code, you would see it land 3 to 7 (1 sigma fluctuation...i.e. 1*error) times out of 20 casts in 67% of experiments and would land 0 to 11 (3 sigma fluctuation...3*error) times in 95% of experiments.

So, even if the truth were that your nuke should land 25% of the time, you could easily run 20-nuke experiments that have widely different results. Obviously, for experiments w/ less than 20 iterations you'd get even larger fluctuations.

I don't think I really have a point, other than to say we'd have to do a ton of nuking of Anikitos to narrow the errors down enough. Humm...any NT volunteers?

To get these numbers I used:

chance of landing nuke = E = N_landed / N_cast
    1 sigma error on E = sqrt( E*(1-E)/N )
    ~67% of expriments should fall within a 1 sigma fluctuation and ~95% of experiments should fall within 3 sigma.

Back to work...
    Nochnaja

Keep safe, and may the clans fear you.

Re: Statistical Musings

Originally posted by Nochnaja
    Hey folks,

Just a few musing on statistics and why some of the NR tests reported here may be yielding confusing results.

Of the tests that have been reported here, I don't think any of them has had more than 20 trials or so. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

What we are trying to reverse engineer is FCs code, which I am going to assume uses a random number generator that produces gaussian statistics. If you cast 20 nukes and 5 land, you figure you have a 0.25 chance of landing nukes in FC's code. The problem is that the test was done w/ a relatively small sample (try telling that to the people who sat there patiently nuking/getting nuked 20 times)...we all know people's complaints about having a mission at 95% at still not getting a token. Anyway, I found it interesting to estimate the error on that 0.25 measurement.

If you landed 5/20, you would say that you had a 0.25 chance of landing the nuke and that the error on that 0.25 chance is about 0.1. This means that the error on 5 is about 2....that is to say, if 0.25 were the true probability of your nuke landing in FC's code, you would see it land 3 to 7 (1 sigma fluctuation...i.e. 1*error) times out of 20 casts in 67% of experiments and would land 0 to 11 (3 sigma fluctuation...3*error) times in 95% of experiments.

So, even if the truth were that your nuke should land 25% of the time, you could easily run 20-nuke experiments that have widely different results. Obviously, for experiments w/ less than 20 iterations you'd get even larger fluctuations.

I don't think I really have a point, other than to say we'd have to do a ton of nuking of Anikitos to narrow the errors down enough. Humm...any NT volunteers?

To get these numbers I used:

chance of landing nuke = E = N_landed / N_cast
    1 sigma error on E = sqrt( E*(1-E)/N )
    ~67% of expriments should fall within a 1 sigma fluctuation and ~95% of experiments should fall within 3 sigma.

Back to work...
    Thats true, and the same thing that I told to stromm when he told me that NR was messed up.

However, if every time I fight a trader a 190% NR plunder lands on me, there is some number in the probablity factor that is wrong. I understand the difference between possibility and probablity, so I'm kind of on your side on that. But I do understand people who get nuked or debuffed every time.

However, if every time I fight a trader a 190% NR plunder lands on me, there is some number in the probablity factor that is wrong. I understand the difference between possibility and probablity, so I'm kind of on your side on that. But I do understand people who get nuked or debuffed every time.
    You may very well get that debuff landing in every fight...depending on how many times they try to cast it. I suspect you are implying that the debuff is landing in just a couple casts every time...and that's a different story. There's always the possibility (or probability in FC's case?) of the random number generator they are using not being "random enough", or not being gaussian (in which case some of that argument I made goes out the window), or maybe NR has been nerfed, etc.

I guess I'm just made a bit nervous by statements like "every time" being based on anecdotal evidence or small statistical samples. On the other hand, I play the game too and know the frustration of "every time." For instance...how come "every time" I fumble, it seems to happen twice in a row?
    Nochnaja

Keep safe, and may the clans fear you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234