Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nano Resist...stealth nerf

Sure Strom, its totally random that you get a successful root/debuff on someone with equal NR to your nanoskills. With equal skills (Nanoresist vs. Debuff/Rootskills = 1:1) it can happen that you land your roots 5 times in a row right from the start... but it can also happen, that the opponent counter your attemps 5 times. But if you try that 1000 times, you will end up about 500 success, 500 resist. But you can never say how often this will happen in a row.

It looks like this thread becomes to a talk only between Anikitos and Piercingevil. I dont wanna disturb your Rendezvous, so please forgive me
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

Piercing...

Yeah i was maybe little sarcastic. :P

The problem for your nukes is my very high NR.
    Remember that only enforcers can get that kind of NR.
    One thing that i have noticed and Doppiafaccia can confirm it for you is that your nukes are landing more often on me now.
    I think its a good thing.

I also think that because of my NR i should resist alot of your nukes to be honest. Thats what i do right now.

So overall i am content with my NR. NSD seems to have gotten a boost i think. Nukes land a little more too. But thats ok i guess.

P.S
    Extremely happy right now. Just got EQB!
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Yeah I saw you showing the dmg to some in the arena with an alt of mine. That this is quite uber.

I guess it's time for me to say my piece now eh Anik?

I was the one who initially brought this stealth nerf to Anik's attention after all so...

What I did (like I always do when testing) was have an MP cast NSD on me 10 times, before that would *usually* result in me resisting 8-9 NSD's with my 870'ish NR. Now it lands 5/10. Did this 3 times and the numbers were the same.

At this point I was pretty convinced NR had been messed with so I got Anik to the arena since he's my favourite NR test subject. Previously I was able to land 1/10-15 nukes or so on him, now I land 5-7/10. I even simulated my old MC (since I've got higher now due to towers), with the same results.

I don't care about your fight with PE Anik, that is totally irrelevant to this discussion. But in my experience NR is now hardly worth the investment for me as an NT. I'm considering IPR'ing it actually.

Doppia!

I rest my case! :P
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

You go pretty much full agg right Ani? Being an EQB user and all I mean. Could it be possible that they increased the "penalty" on NR for going full agg? This might explain why Sethil (who goes pretty much def) are experiencing less changes to NR than you are.

Originally posted by Psiraven
    They've been tweaking NR and evades practically every other patch. This is nothing new.

What wouldn't surprise me is if the same 1200 full effect cap they placed on nano initative was applied to the other speed skills like NR.
    What she said.

Originally posted by Two-Face

I don't care about your fight with PE Anik, that is totally irrelevant to this discussion. But in my experience NR is now hardly worth the investment for me as an NT. I'm considering IPR'ing it actually.
    How is it irrelevant? Considering my nukes are 110% (mostly) dependant on NR, and I have NR maxxed and STILL counter both init debuffs and trader debuffs some times, any discussion about NR is relevant to my gameplay.

Now, Ankitos also said he tried later on and it seems to be working as before. Like I told him, maybe it was just unlucky dice rolls.

And I just got done resisting two plunders, so NR works enough for me. Not all the time but enough to save my ass in some instances.

Coldstrike

Eh...ofcource i was at full def...lol

Now to make you all laugh, not about NR.
    Yesterday i was testing with Stromm GA3 Fixer.

I was able to hit him MUCH more when he was at full def. When he went full aggro i would hit him LESS.

We tried this like 4 or 5 times, allways the same result.

Stromm and I was like...wtf?
    I dont get it.

Oh and another thing i noticed.....when i was full aggro he could not root me. When i went full def he did land some roots on me.
    Maybe it was luck.

I GIVE UP.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Now that's just BS(Broken shores)

I'm a 180 doc, got good NR with implants and stuff to boost it(no I won't tell you how much :P).

Anyway, I always run full def in pvp and I do resist alot. Just ask the clanners I fight every day. Hunter06, Ervinka and the other scum that try to debuff/root me. And I also notice my own debuffs and dots beeing resisted by some ppl.

NR works
    ----------------------------------------------

Re: Coldstrike

Originally posted by Anikitos

I was able to hit him MUCH more when he was at full def. When he went full aggro i would hit him LESS.

I dont get it.

Oh and another thing i noticed.....when i was full aggro he could not root me. When i went full def he did land some roots on me.
    Maybe it was luck.

I GIVE UP.

Hmm. How about this crazy theory:

Aggdef is bugged when going full def?

This might explain the results you got on your NR, and Stromm got on his GA, and also why I (always full def) feel like I never resist anything, yet Sethil (always one notch up from full def) claims he resists a lot. I'm gonna see if I can find the time to run some tests on this a little later.

Re: Coldstrike

Originally posted by Anikitos

I dont get it.

Maybe it was luck.

I GIVE UP.
    Drabin and I did some testings as well and our nukes landed very similar at both full agg and full def. We were speechless.

Yet with debuffs I'm positive it makes a difference, although a 190% plunder hitting me first cast makes my jaw drop.

I dunno, there needs to be a fix to NR. I don't want to see my nukes more resistable, and the current nano resist on them is a joke. But nano resist needs a look at by the developers. As does the effect of changing your agg/def slider. I still get missed a lot at full agg with my evades, yet at full agg every debuff usually hits.

Who knows.

Interesting. I'm an NR junky myself, Letah has 1180-1190-ish, the max a non enf/ga-fixer can get at lvl 200. I always fight at full def and from the past I know I could resist the first 4, 5 trader debuffs and such. Fixer-roots could root me like 1 in 10. I'll go test it again this patch I guess.

Lyphae has *way* more NR for a short period; 1800 of em (using Wave of Summer). It would be interesting to time it to check if off-the-scale-NR works like we would expect it to work.

Should fulldef be bugged someone should test at 10% aggro etc. Or check wether you people use the NCU-rings which change your aggdef in a bad way.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Im always at 10% and I also resist Docs DoTs. But the resisting feature is only useful when you are moving. I mean the caster will try it again until he get a successful attempt.

When I fight someone I also see his debuffs/roots land at the first attempt, but then after some time, I see he tries to refresh this and I counter the attempt.. sometimes I counter that 4-5 times in a row.

But I guess NR is now nerfed at 1200+ like the Inits. 1500 would be now worth 1300 (1/3 the points above 1200), which means Anikitos will see a difference, where others dont see a difference...

Ok, try an other view...
    NR and other defense skills are only worth 100% at full def. and only 50% worth at full aggro. What about this theory, that before the last patch, the attacking nanoskills are only worth 100% on full aggro and worth 50% at full def? This means if the attacker would be also on full def, the defender would have resisted much more than in case of full aggro for the attacker.
    Now, with this patch, FC could have fixed that and the attacking nanoskills are now worth 100% at every setting of the agg/def bar.
    Attack weapon skills are always worth 100% and Evasions only at full def.

But hey, this is only a theory... I would prefer an official statement instead shooting in the dark.
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

agg/def has been bugged for a while now i think=p was testing with chadul like 2 weeks ago in arena think i posted on the soldier boards about it, seems as if they actually switched the roles of full agg and def, wep recharge is faster for me at full def..or maybe im stupid and someones going to come along and explain this all to me =0

Originally posted by Rackne
    agg/def has been bugged for a while now i think=p was testing with chadul like 2 weeks ago in arena think i posted on the soldier boards about it, seems as if they actually switched the roles of full agg and def, wep recharge is faster for me at full def..or maybe im stupid and someones going to come along and explain this all to me =0
    Were you at full def when you fought my ma 2 times (and lost ) ? Because I thought you were fighting pretty slow.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by Piercingevil

How is it irrelevant? Considering my nukes are 110% (mostly) dependant on NR, and I have NR maxxed and STILL counter both init debuffs and trader debuffs some times, any discussion about NR is relevant to my gameplay.

Now, Ankitos also said he tried later on and it seems to be working as before. Like I told him, maybe it was just unlucky dice rolls.

And I just got done resisting two plunders, so NR works enough for me. Not all the time but enough to save my ass in some instances.
    Yours and Anik's fight is irrelevant 'cuz you both take things to a personal level, which isn't what this is about for me.

Do you think I want *MY* nukes nerfed (which btw are the same nukes as yours)?

For the record my testing always has the NR tester on full def, and the caster on full agg.

Originally posted by Sethil
    Here my tests:

Tested with Maddiganed (lvl 200 NT), his best root with 90% NR and 100% lvl defense check.

10 times attempt with me on full defense, NR at 808
    Rooted 7
    Coutered 3

10 times attempt with me on 10% defense, NR at 808
    Rooted 4
    Coutered 6

Best Blind, countered 3 of 10 on 10% def

As for the roots now:
    Full def or 10% def doesnt seem to make a big diference, so if I add them together, I counter 9 of 20 attempts, which are 45%
    The root has a 90% NR check, which means my NR is only 727 worth, his PM/SI skill is 740 both... I dont know how exactly the lvl check works, but I guess the result is ok, for this special root.
    I dont feel that NR is nerfed, neither that I feel gimped against roots... its ok now as it is.
    I am amazed, an intelligent objective post based on empirical observations instead of "THEYNERFEDTHEYNERFEDITFEELSLIKE THEYNERFED." If all posts were like the above, I would have much less bile to spew here.

Originally posted by Jekyll

So you're saying that because you don't have a problem, there's absolutely nothing wrong for anyone else?
    No, ASS, he is the only one who has taken the time to post objective testing and numbers instead of this mealy mouthed tripe of "I feel like my NR is lower, tried it several times... blablabla." I am beginning to think that anyone who posts "" is a moron since all who use that little cliched convention seem to be just that. IMO, Sethil and a few others (in addition to me of course) are the only people posting any worthwhile information on this thread.
    Last edited by Jutlina; Dec 16th, 2002 at 21:35:20.

Previously I was able to land 1/10-15 nukes or so on him
    LOL, Well that's ridiculous; no amount of NR should yield these results for any profession regardless, this is absurdly unbalanced in a game that revolves around nanoformulas.

, now I land 5-7/10. I even simulated my old MC (since I've got higher now due to towers), with the same results.
    This sounds about right for maximum NR, resist 30-50% of the time on max def. Maximum non-enf level (800ish) NR should give you about 20-30% resistance on max def, no more. It should not be some kind of nano immunity shield. I think the new nanos, stims and virus scanners are the way to go instead of allowing insanely high NR, so if there was a nerf, I support it.

It never amazes me how people look for ways to get an "angle" on others playing this game via exploits/broken game elements/items/etc., doing ANYTHING other than crafting their skills and thinking (and this is not directed at Anikitos in particular) and then cry "unfair nerf" when their easy angle is reduced or taken away. It's like someone who hasn't looked for a job in several years complaining when the government finally gets around to cutting off their benefits.
    Last edited by Jutlina; Dec 16th, 2002 at 21:34:01.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast