Thread: CZ, The one thing people want...

CZ, The one thing people want...

Alliances,

Just stick em in the game, I know the programming would not be too hard to link guilds together, and alter the chat channels...

I love how people "know" that programming certain things into the game isn't difficult. You'd think they worked for Funcom or something.

Acctually from my experience, I would say that adding guild alliances to the current code would be someting that wouln't be that easy.

There are so many variables to consider, and all the differnt options, effects, way things work, etc

Its not exactly a 10 minuite job here
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Agree with Sheffy and Skymarshal. This is not something thats easy to create.

But man, would it be nice

Just setting up the rules for how alliances would work need ALOT of work and thinking, maybe the programming part isn't that huge issue, but how all should work together is.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

when you team with a guild whose towers are 5% the towers do not attack you = some sort of flag that says this guy is friendly. FC has a list of all guild members within a certain guild = http://www.anarchy-online.com/org/st...1/name/3860481 .

dont really see the difficulty of adding this flag to all members of an allied guild.

actually, its a matter of extending the current tower notice code. i believe most people would agree that the main feature for something alliance related would be to know when someone you've allied with tower's being attacked.

essentially something like this:

/alliance create [Guild Name]
    /alliance delete [Guild Name]
    /alliance list

essentially when you'd create an alliance a new chat option would appear.. "alliances" which should prolly just be notice-only. and it would broadcast those you've allied with tower being attacked notice as if it were "org towers" just prefixing notice with guild's name thats being attacked.

i'd also like to see them throw in QL of tower being attacked in all tower notices. every time we get a notice on All Towers, we on leader chat start asking "What QL tower is that?" cause if its in our range, and we aint got anything important at moment, we go help out without being asked.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

1. I think people want alot more than just that, an end to this pathetic crowd control experiment is high on my list.

2. Sheffy, chances are that any one of us know as much as fc about their game. After all, alot of people are programmers, and we have the advantage that we actually know how the game plays. The devs obviously have no clue what so ever how their game REALLY works.

*warps away to 100x100 because someone got a bright idea*

Originally posted by arsiine
    when you team with a guild whose towers are 5% the towers do not attack you = some sort of flag that says this guy is friendly. FC has a list of all guild members within a certain guild = http://www.anarchy-online.com/org/st...1/name/3860481 .

dont really see the difficulty of adding this flag to all members of an allied guild.
    Yet when some one in your teams joins the org in question the towers still attack you until that person drops team and rejoins.
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!