Thread: Neutral being forced team side in PvP is STILL broken.

Neutral being forced team side in PvP is STILL broken.

Ok... Neutral in an Omni team. Team side Omni.

Any Omnis can attack me, and I cannot heal Omnis. This is WRONG, if it is team-side Omni, it should be that way.

Even worse, none of the Omni players in the team can assist me if an Omni attacks me. They are unable to attack Omni players no matter what--even if one is currently attacking one of their team members.

Furthermore, I basically can buff/assist NOBODY outside my team. I cannot heal/buff Neutrals OR Omni...and of course not Clan.

If this game is going to be PvP oriented, bugs like this cannot exist. Neutrals in mixed teams are totally worthless in PvP right now.

-Jayde

Re: Neutral being forced team side in PvP is STILL broken.

Originally posted by Jayde
    If this game is going to be PvP oriented, bugs like this cannot exist. Neutrals in mixed teams are totally worthless in PvP right now.
    I'm sorry but if your teamed with an Omni for the purpose of PvP, then you are no longer neutral. I doubt this is a bug, more of a way of telling you that your alignment doesn't fit with what you are actually doing.

Don't get me wrong here, I fully support the neutral activities and wish that there were more options for neutrals, but that is not a neutral activity.

I'm sorry but you are wrong.

How does teaming with an omni to pvp make them no longer neutral?

Re: Re: Neutral being forced team side in PvP is STILL broken.

Originally posted by Dudicas

I'm sorry but if your teamed with an Omni for the purpose of PvP, then you are no longer neutral. I doubt this is a bug, more of a way of telling you that your alignment doesn't fit with what you are actually doing.

Don't get me wrong here, I fully support the neutral activities and wish that there were more options for neutrals, but that is not a neutral activity.
    You are wrong.

You obviously don't have a very good grasp on what being Neutral is. I'm guessing you aren't one.

It's not a bug. If we were supposed to be "neutral" in PvP, THEN IT SHOULD BE TEAM SIDE NEUTRAL STILL.

It's not. It's Team Side: Omni. As long as I'm being TOLD by Funcom that I am in an Omni team because I have teamed with some Omni buddies, I expect it to work correctly.

Also, you are ignoring the underlying technical issues here.

I CANNOT HEAL OMNI, NEUTRAL, OR CLAN CHARACTERS OUTSIDE MY TEAM--PERIOD.

Yes. I cannot buff *anyone* outside my team at all. If I'm Neutral, fine. Make it so I can buff other Neutrals. If it's Team Side: Omni, then I should be able to buff Omnis.

My point is, I don't really care which side it is, but it's totally bugged right now. I cannot heal anyone outside my team just because I am teamed with someone else.

Also, how do you deem what is a Neutral activity?

Scenario:
    - Neutral mining complex is under attack from Clanners
    - Neutral guild calls on a few close Omni friends to help them defend their base
    - Neutrals teamed with the Omni cannot heal either the other Neutral or the other Omni on the playing field
    - Neutrals not teamed with the Omni cannot heal the Omni in the team, OR the Neutral in the team
    - Neutrals can attack the Omni in the team with the Neutral
    - Omni can attack Neutrals in the team with the Omni
    - Nobody in the mixed team can reliate against attackers that are the same side as them, even if provoked.

Scenario:
    - 1 Neutral and 1 Clanner helping each other kill Cyborgs enter a 25% zone
    - Team side is Clan
    - Clan member can attack Neutral member in "Clan" team
    - Clan friend cannot retaliate for the ganking of his friend at all

There are so many mix-ups in the above scenarios, it's laughable.

I am not saying one way or the other should be correct... However, it *needs* to be ONE way or the OTHER. Right now, it's a mix of both, and Neutrals are getting the short end of the stick.

1) No retliation capabilities for teammates
    2) Inability for Neutrals in mixed teams to assist *anyone* outside their team (Seriously...try it. You cannot help ANYONE, period.)
    3) Neutrals being attackable by their "team side"
    4) Different members in the same team having different sets of PvP rules (just makes for tons of confusion)

Don't try to justify these huge bugs with "Neutrals shouldn't be doing X" crap. This applies to all PvP situations, not just offensive ones. Neutrals can fully operate in defensive or special situations without losing their Neutrality. Again, I don't need some sided player telling me how I should play my character. Stick to your own and I'm pretty sure Neutrals can figure out their identity for themselves, thanks.

PvP is a lot more encompassing (especially nowadays) than just attacking someone else. Neutral PvP was enabled to make sure we could protect our bases, and enlisting the help of kind individuals from various sides to protect agains the opposite side is perfectly, 100% resonable.

-Jayde

Nobody pays attention to these kinds of posts anyway. All they do is see the word "neutral" in the same post as a (legitimate) complaint then they get all offended and want to anti-neutral preach

Bump..

Believe it or not, this is a really serious issue due to many applications. (Both for AND against Neutrals. So all the Sided bigots out there should know that this setup can be used against you as well... think sided Doc in Neutral team while you're attacking Neutrals, who is free to heal but never attackable by you. Heh.)

-Jayde

getting a bump from me as well