Thread: A few questions for the experienced..

9ine

A few questions for the experienced..

Hello,

I'm pretty new to Anarchy Online. I have a few questions dealing with dueling, choice of proffesion. I'm a huge fan of one vs. one/small pvp combat. In every game I have played, mmog to just straight up multiplayer, all I pretty much care about is fighting other players. Here are my questions:

1. How early can one start to learn the formula of dueling/pvp in AO? Or is this another game that you work for 4 months just to fight?

2. I have a huge problem with switching classes/proffesion in every game I play due to not likeing the combat skills, horrible at pvm, not liked by groups, out-right boreing as all get out to play, or just not able to solo well. All of those are usually mixed up never in that order. I pretty much like well rounded class's and building a toon straight up for player fighting. What would you suggest?

3. Does fighting actually leave the skill up to the player? I could careless if this is a "rock-paper-scissor" game. Some RPG's actually leave A SMALL AMOUNT of skill to the player . Others result to standing in one spot and hoping for a kill. If so, how much?

My main question would actually have to be number 1. and number 2. Im sure these are pretty easy questions to the experienced pvper/duelist. I would greatly appreciate mature answers. I hope to be another peon to add too the pvp scene.

9ine.

Re: A few questions for the experienced..

1. Well you can start pvping at any level, some classes excel at lower levels, some are worse, some get better after 100.

As for learning the pvp system, its not just how to pvp, you need to know the game mechanics, what happens if he does this, or I do that. You need to know what the person you are fighting can do, and what best to counter that if at all possible. There is ALOT to learn I couldnt just tell you here.

Best bet is to ask for a friendly duel, or get a friend to help you.
    What proffession are you?

2. Well a trader 'can' be a good pvp char from start to end in solo fights. But as I said classes vary performacne in levels. An enforcer would probably be the BEST all round fighter vs any proffession. You have a slight hp advantage to most people, you can be almost immune to roots eventually, or break them better than anyone can. You have a ever increasing volly of weapons to chose from, you can deal the damage and take it. Very good in pvm and pvp.

3. Well, yes it is up to the player to keep the character the best it can be. Implants, armor, weapons, special items dont hurt either. But if your fighting a player who doesnt know how to pvp with his prof you could probably win. For example, I saw a Enforcer fight someone, never used mongo, rage or challenger ever and died.
    But it can be a paper/rock/scissors game, some classes can outwrite OWN another, such as NT>GA fixers.
    If you put two people exactly the same in experience, same proffesion, then it would be the one with the most luck Crits and best damage can win the fight.

Not much help here but, you really need to take part in pvp to learn it, even if it involves dying over and over. Maybe you could ask to fight to 50% health, or test with your friends.
    Know your enemy is the best tool, alot of classes have weaknesses.

Best thing I can say is that you need to know who youre facing and whats your job in the playfield. Read the message board and you will understand some of the pvp rules.

i will give u the best advice u will ever get

1) do not go into pvp unless u have the best equipment u can equip PERIOD there are so many twinks u wont stand a chance unless u are FULLY equiped, study all asspects of getting equipped, now there are hats guns implants buffs claoks etc all kinds of equipment with modiefiers that can help you get equiped just as an example at level 25 my crat had 227 ncu (with a fixer buff)

2) if you come acroos one of these uber twinks that refuse to level do not get discouraged you cant stop them, they will always be there, best way is to joind a guild and gain some freinds that u can learb form and practice with

3) never let ne one convince u not to be outside buffed that is crap, NCU is in the game for a reason they all have acces to it too but they would rather save that ip for an offensive skill and convince u who may have used that ip for ncu (complit) not to get outside buffed. this is one of the stupidist things in the game right now.

4) do not care about dieing

5) there is no such thing as ganking if you get this next statement clear in your head now you will never be pissed at gankers "IF YOU ARE IN AN AREA THAT YOU ARE OPEN FOR ATTACK ERXPECT TO BE ATTACKED" if you understand that you will have a much better enjoyment of the game

most people do not pvp till higher levels not cause

1) they can but because they would rather spend the time leveling because at lower levels u can rapidly advance but at higher levels it slows down and u need somthing to break the motnateny

2) you start too learn the how the game works at higher levels (buffs and equipment etc)

ne way pvp in AO is cool you dont loose any thing if you save before u fight so just enjoy it and if u die who cares
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.