Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Baboons Under New Management

?
    Last edited by Zaduda; Dec 17th, 2002 at 23:22:18.
    If ya can get away with it, try it.
    If ya cant get away with it, try it anyway }:-)

Speaking of "right-hands"..........Hi Chris!!

/me waves at Nakoda

Thank you for clearing that up.

And Lev! It's not hate! It's the principle that nothing was discussed with Devils Advocate before you posted your note. We haven't been the best caretakers of the nightclub, and a simple conversation would most likely have been met with little or no resistance from our part. We only ask for a little courtesy!
    Last edited by Ditzie; Dec 12th, 2002 at 23:56:36.
    Hattie "Ditzie" Wagner
    Director of "Devil's Advocate"
    A Division of "Omni-Reform"

re

Well I am going togo ooc and tell you Lev thats not rp you are doing its lame.I guess I could say that I talked to Ivan and that I now offically ran Omni-Pol and fire everyone in it but that does not make it true nor does it make it roleplay to roleplay guess what it takes alot of ppl all sitting down and or agreeing to a storyline not someone going off and thinking hmmmm dave is offworld has been for months I can make up alame story calling rp and get my way and be somebody.

Da and Val have put alot of work into baboons they were put in charge and I guess until Val hears something different from a funcom rep or Dave himself then they still are.

Wanna roleplay why not sit down and kick around some ideas instead of going off on your own and making up some crap that involves alot of other ppl and a org and them not even aware of it.

It's the reason all these clubs are empty. The people who dont know what the word "party" means come along.
    The clubs are empty?

Funny, last I checked we were running reets parties that ended up rather UN-empty most of the nights of the week. Especially on the weekends. So by "all these clubs", I assume you meant to say "Baboons."

Well, i dont mind what the haters think, since im here to do what i've done best, did first, and will do from now on
    Ain't no hatin' goin' on, man. But it's attitudes like that, Muhammed Ali, that get people quick to look down at your rather abrupt intrusion on someone else's pre-claimed position.

I believe that you were the first. I believe that you'll do it "from now on". Heck, I might believe that you were even "the best". But wow, man. You got some cohones, thinking that you're going to rouse the entertainment industry onto it's knees by posting a fake script and saying "look who's back". (and yes, I've had confirmation that it's faked)

Will the real slim shady please plan ahead.
    Last edited by Tarryk; Dec 13th, 2002 at 00:00:38.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

23:57: Doncarnage: R..Ross, is that you?
    23:57: Phillipross : Heh, yeah Don. Bet you thought i was long gone...
    23:57: Doncarnage : Well, since i got ran outta town the last time, i assumed you'd found safe hiding too.
    23:57: Phillipross : To cut a long story short, i am long gone. Far gone. But i got some things that needed 'avin attention. Namely the planet...
    23:58: Doncarnage : Rubi-ka? Yeah, been deserted for months now.
    23:58: Phillipross : Yeah, so the local network tol' me. I dont like it like tha', an i want you to do somethin' bout it.
    23:58: Doncarnage : Sure Ross, name it.
    23:58: Phillipross : S' yours.
    23:58: Doncarnage: huh??
    23:58: Phillipross : Don' be so surprised, you ran that place before me. S' yours. The keys are under the urinal in the toilets

Hey I can do it too. Ok the planet is mine, everyone, you gotta bow to me. Ladies, line up, today is gonna be a busy day.
    Atlantean Soldier.

Director of Obsoleet (@.@)/'

((more OOC stuff))

i should point out that by 'my own rp' (hexes teh lynch mob)

i mean im planning on continueing where Dave left off, we still ahd alot of material, its just gonna take some time to fix up proper like to make Dave out of the picture 8)~

so yeah, please get a hold of me lev, anyone, we are gonna make Rubi Ka roX again

((IC))

Heya darlin, good to see you around.

*waves to Nattie*

((Fine here's a good reason for ya OOC. DA just recently had a Greenie, yes a Greenie, doing everything possible and going to anyone that had a problem with DA so that he could take Babs over. Now before this he had been telling alot of major orgs that DA wasn't worth their time. Now when you show up claiming you run Babs after that you actually expect us to react otherwise ? Now forgive me if your little plan was handled badly. Hey, you could have come to us and actually let us know you were planning something so we wouldn't have huh ? How bout a little common courtesy ? Now as for you Lev, I could care less what you do with Babs. I'm tired of dealing with the place and people ragging us because we can't get people in there because of Lag or some other stupid reason. I'm in Babs more than anyone on RK1, if someone tells you otherwise they're lying. No one comes in the club and stays for more than a few minutes, except on weekends when an Org that's name slips my mind has a meeting in the back room. So have fun with Babs and don't ask for my help. Oh, and I could have sworn Lev Rivers was Perma-Killed by Omni-Pol about 5 feet from me months back.....Great RP.))
    Roleplayer
    Garret "Valaik" Clasen - Renegade, Subversive, Simple Businessman
    Xavier "Cyberwrench" Krohs - Builder, Creator, Chiraptophobic

The difference between a good man and a bad one is the choice of cause. -William James

((Lol i think my last post got a little taken out of proportion, (as i just spoke with Tarryk online) so please accept my apologies

I didnt mean DA in the poewr struggle thingy, i meant that with KVM pushing Aktrez and her lot out

And as for DA, i didnt even know they had any "claim" on Babs, that was how little i knew of them. And when Tarryk says the empty clubs bit, when i said it i meant the omni ones. Rompa never has anything over 8-10 people in it at one time anymore, when Aktrez was there it was 30 every night at least

Baboons struggles to get any more than an NPC population in it.

And as Ghump said, i *still* have no need to contact any Player owned Guild about doing parties at baboons. I didnt in first week of release and i dont now. Im just here to do parties and have fun, anyone having a go at me over that is really taking this game too seriously))

Have fun all

((ps addendum roflmao DonCarnage lol good one heehee, someone sees the way of RP at last i see)) lol (j/k)
    Last edited by Zaduda; Dec 13th, 2002 at 00:20:43.

It's not that we want to fight you on this, each of us has said go ahead and take it. The problem here is using Dave in such a manner to do it. RP or no, you can't just put someone saying whatever for your purpose. Otherwise I would be running the planet
    Atlantean Soldier.

OH Thanks Donnie! The thought of you running the planet is going to give me nightmares for the next week!!!!!
    Hattie "Ditzie" Wagner

((I apologize to anyone that thought i was out of order using Dave in my RP. But the fact is there are dozens of other stories on these sites and other RP sites that uses characters out of this game, Ross, Dervla, and other ark RPers. It didnt even occur to me you'd get so hung up on it))

Talking

To all of which I say cool beans. If DA is ultimately happy with backing out, and you're ultimately happy with stepping up to the plate, then welcome aboard.

If DA has any issues about this to resolve yet, I'd like to hear them.

Also: 20th is a bad night. We have the Valor Eternal/Whisper's Edge mega-bash at the Rising Sun Falls that night. Any possibility of bumping it to the next weekend? Or hell, even to tomorrow night?

Finally --

AO and Rubi-Ka are likely to be the biggest amount of Fun with a capital WOOHOO that I've ever had.

And I take that VERY seriously.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Don't worry ditzie, I woulda made you queen of something.
    Atlantean Soldier.

Originally posted by LevRivers
    And as Ghump said, i *still* have no need to contact any Player owned Guild about doing parties at baboons. I didnt in first week of release and i dont now. Im just here to do parties and have fun, anyone having a go at me over that is really taking this game too seriously
    ((No, you don't need to to ask anyone's permission to have a party at Baboons or anywhere else. However, posting a fake script of a conversation with someone who was an GM to support your claim that you now run the place is something else entirely.

You popped in out of nowhere after being gone for months and stomped all over someone else's (our) RP. If you had at least contacted us, things would have gone a lot smoother.))
    Last edited by Nevver; Dec 13th, 2002 at 00:41:13.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

I'm seeing a whooole lotta people who just realized they're all walking on some really thin ice.

Lev stepped a bit wrong and apologized for it. I opened my big mouth (bad move me) about it. DA initially did the right thing and stood down to pursue their own business and made an announcement to such. But since then this has turned into a regular cluster**** of changing opinions and backtracked observations.

Doesn't matter who manages the club. But I'd like to see The Rivers of Lev take the helm for a mega bash one more time, wouldn't you?

*shrug* I just stepped in for a cheap jab as I always do, can ya blame me?
    Atlantean Soldier.

OOC

((In a flury of e-mails this morning, nearly all of DA's board members and director were in agreement, that even though we knew the story regarding Dave was fabricated, since DA isn't actively using Babs, why not let someone else see what they can do!

Yes, Lev made it up! Yes, Lev didn't talk it over with us! *smacks Lev's hand*

There, he's been chastised. Now can we drop it and see what happens to Babs. I'm sure that if DA wants to have a future party at Babs that it can be scheduled. Isn't that right? (question directed at ......Ummmmm.....whoever!))
    Hattie "Ditzie" Wagner

Cool Blah - Blah - Blah.

Ok, So Lev takes over now. DA doesnt mind that. We have MORE than proven time and time again that we don't need a club to work with others and have kick arsed parties.

I think the big stink is about the way this all went about. Most of us in DA have worked in or around events with Lev before and thought we were all tight with him- enough so that this could have been RPEd out in game. Not in a RP eviction type setting.

/me Smacks Lev's Hands!! Bad Lev! Bad Boy!!

And.. Most of us that knew that OOC - Dave had LONG left the building & IC that infact Dave NEVER owned Babs- it was all forged and well, Dave had the best skill of BSing his way in and out of any situation. ( We miss you Davey! )

Bottom line if it's not your personal apartment, it's public domain.
    No one OWNS any one spot here (Well, ok the new towers, hush up! ).
    Sure you grow quite fond of some spots and you hang out and promote it. But at any given moment, Joe blow can come along and start his own blowing business in "Your" club and the most you can do is whine - post- and well hope it all works out for your side. Like I said.. public domain.

So, Lev ~ Welcome Back! Good to see you again. We all wish you well. ~

Don.. if you own RK now.. Can I have ummm.. Hope? And would you rename it.. Thyme?
    Plzokthx!

Toodles & smootches!!!
    *~*THYME*~*
    ~*Taboo's Views On Templus*~
    " "He is just a moron .You know he really isnt in the military, he is a 48 y/o man living in his parents basement who cant get laid & therefore hates all women and feels he has to belittle them because he cant get his lil peepee wet"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast