Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Baboons Under New Management

Lightbulb Baboons Under New/Old Management

The parties and old schedule resume next week. I'm also planning a huge Blue Night 2 soon, and i invite EVERYONE on Rubika to come, sorting out music as we speak, i'll update on the competitions as time approaches. But for blue night, the theme is BLUE! As much as you can!

More coming soon, and in the mean time, i dug up these old links to the good ol days, the first months of release were a traumatic time for RPing and AO, but hey, we all put it outta our minds and had fun.....

http://baboonsnightclub.tripod.com/1old/memorable.html

http://baboonsnightclub.tripod.com/partyinthepark.html

http://baboonsnightclub.tripod.com/1old/guestbook.html

See you all there soon
    Last edited by Zaduda; Dec 13th, 2002 at 23:27:13.
    If ya can get away with it, try it.
    If ya cant get away with it, try it anyway }:-)

*steps out of the shadows in the corner and runs off to dig up some "party commodities"*

Congrats Lev, its a real great news, then the baboons is maybe on the way of a real renaissance ?

Can you see to find us ( Clanners ) a safe way to acces you're club ?( i know its war time but cant understand a reason who dont allow people to dance )

If not we cant be sure to manage acces to all the Clan people who will eventually join.

All my hope are with you now, let us see you're the real Lev and give to the Baboons a new spirit, you can do that.
    ( in french in the text sorry its only for my personal pleasure : Si avec ce genre de chose on arrive pas a faire bouger les joueurs je ne sais pas quoi faire de plus, enfin allons nous avoire une fin d'annee digne de ce nom sur Atlantean ?)
    Tirean on Rubika 1 and 2

Proud fixer of the Clan Org AiR.

We will team Engineers if we have to Tirean, we will try out damndest to get everyone there who wants to go there.

If you want to have fun, chill out with friends or go to one of the party nights, we'll make sure your welcome. Whatever your politics.

The war stays at the door....

Sound good.

Can you already say when its sheduled ?

( for us at GMT+1 PST party are quit hard to join

Um..That's extremely false.. Dave left Rubi-Ka almost 3 months ago..

As far as I am concerned, Baboons still belongs to DA and always will.. Even if Dave were here today, he would not take that bar away from DA. He worked with them.
    Last edited by Tristalyn; Dec 12th, 2002 at 04:41:11.
    Tristalyn, Kaidence, Daquri, Sexykitten, Brittain
    GridStream
    Ich gebe Decavolt meine Seele und Körper
    Voted by the community - Funniest Female - Most Eligable Bachelorette and Best Doctor! Thanks! <3
    Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! HUGS!
    .·´¯`·..·» You've just been RAINBOW hugged!! «·..·´¯`·.

Hey! Welcome back Lev! We missed you.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Originally posted by Tristalyn
    Um..That's extremely false.. Dave left Rubi-Ka almost 3 months ago..

As far as I am concerned, Baboons still belongs to DA and always will.. Even if Dave were here today, he would not take that bar away from DA. He worked with them.
    In my book The Baboons Nightclub "belongs" to those who use it. And right now I can't remember when there was a big party in Baboons... But it sure has been a while! Also the best party's has always had Lev Rivers at the helm.

So go ahead Lev! You KNOW I'll be there!!!
    Ghump - a member of Ragnarok

My hovercraft is full of eels

It was sad to see you leave us Lev.. but I'm looking forward to those parties..
    President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

heehee, i see Lyn wasnt around when Babs first opened.

Dont be so party pooping Lyn, we're here to have fun!

More info coming later today....
    (thnx for all the great replies guys btw)

You're right Lev but maybe you should see with GSP they arebeen our best (and maybe onlyest for a time ) source of party, maybe a good association will be possible ( if i dont lack of information you'r team is 100% Omni then GSP is Clanner .. )

Good Luck Lev, its about time Dave gave up the keys.
    Offer a flower to your enemy..
    If he refuses it, offer a hand
    If he refuses it, offer a bullet
    If he refuses it, give it to him anyways...

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Isn't it just a relief when you wake up in the morning and find you didnt wet the bed?!

Beyond your perfection,
    beneath you and who you used to be
    awaits who I am.

Excess Radio! Bringing you tunage 25/7!

I wish you the best of luck running Babs Lev but I do have one question for you.

Where and when exactly did you have this little talk with Dave ? I'm just curious because no one has seen him in about two months and then suddenly you run into him and he turns over Babs to you ? Just curious as to where my old buddy is.
    Roleplayer
    Garret "Valaik" Clasen - Renegade, Subversive, Simple Businessman
    Xavier "Cyberwrench" Krohs - Builder, Creator, Chiraptophobic

The difference between a good man and a bad one is the choice of cause. -William James

I opened communications with a close friend of Dave's about a week or so ago, and was told at the time that he was still off-world, and had opened no comlink to Rubi-Ka at any point for a couple months at least.

If Dave did open a comlink with Lev, he either mysteriously "popped by" for a quick key-throwing, or he somehow managed to open a link from whatever offworld location he's still inhabiting.

Or it's fraud, but I point no fingers without any evidence -- so long as both the Devil's Advocate and Lev Rivers are in agreement about the arrangement, it really doesn't matter what Dave says.

And it being the case that Lev now has the helm:

Welcome back, Lev! I certainly look forward to being locked out of your parties because I'm a clanner. As always. (<--- reference to baboon's, not the party itself, of course).
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Actually, wow, after taking in the context of this and the official DA reply, it seems that Lev had no contact with DA whatsoever about this.

Basically just walked up, posted a script, and said "Mine. Gimme."

Well, more power to ya Lev. If the people welcome you back after a move like that, then I salute ya. Hope your party definitely goes well.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

/nod
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Well I'm not saying I welcome him back. He can run Babs if he wants but I am gonna say that I know he's lying. From what I've heard Dave Diamondcut Duster is no longer in ARK and cannot access the character. Also I spent a long time with Dave, that's not from him.

Lev didn't say a word to DA and even talked to Thyme just a few days ago and never mentioned it to her.

So Lev I'd love to hear your explaination.

Keep Babs, My problem is that you lied to everyone to get it. I think they should all know that.
    Roleplayer
    Garret "Valaik" Clasen - Renegade, Subversive, Simple Businessman
    Xavier "Cyberwrench" Krohs - Builder, Creator, Chiraptophobic

The difference between a good man and a bad one is the choice of cause. -William James

Hey val, what did I do with my explosives pack..I can't find it.
    Atlantean Soldier.

Director of Obsoleet (@.@)/'

While officially, I wish Lev the best of luck and as DA Press Agent, an official supportive note was called for. However, if Dave had returned, I'm possitive that his "right-hand", would have contacted either Valaik, Nevver or myself.

Sure it's a fraud, but since Baboons is of absolutely no use to anyone, Lev is welcome to it.
    Last edited by Ditzie; Dec 12th, 2002 at 23:28:54.
    Hattie "Ditzie" Wagner
    Director of "Devil's Advocate"
    A Division of "Omni-Reform"

Well.. Not to poop parties but

Baboon's is by no means under new management.

Baboon's is till owned by David's Employer, and having been spending time running business with him, and for him over the last 6 months, Dave has issue me BACK to Rubi Ka to take things into his hands once again. Thyme disgracefully let Baboon's run into shambles, and You were no help then, Dave is extremely disappointed.

The Message was a Fake, a Forgery, as I or any can tell you that Dave never speaks in such an uncouth tone of voice.

I will be waiting in my office in baboon's for anyone who challenges teh Duster Families claim to Baboons.

((ok, time for ooc shiz))

baboons isn't levs

nor is this to say that Lev had no right to claim it, since its been misused for so long.

But

Ive been playing Earth and Beyond for .. 6 months (Dave, btw, has been out of AO for 4 months)

And i have been playing this Earth and beyond with Dave.

See him regularily, only he has been gone the last three weeks.
    On ICQ .. and he never gave Babs to ya.

Ive been around in AO starting up my own Babs rp again, in dave's stead, so Lev, get in touch with me, its always nakoda.

all i need to rant about
    is what a SHODDY impersonation of davie, lol

Nakoda out, and lev, DO get a hold of me
    Last edited by Nakoda; Dec 12th, 2002 at 23:46:05.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast