Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Something for clanners to read ( who care about peace )

Re: Insurance? For slaves?

/ooc Well thanks, at 43 I'm basicly an old dog learning a new trick. But I like this RP stuff.

/ic

This is indeed strange, I can't speak for clan save terminals, but I see Antrox people using Omni terminals all the time. True they are not free but the cost is very low.

I personally have never seen any forced labor as well. In fact, I know a few Antrox's and none have ever spoken of it. True we some solders and enforcers, used in putting down wildcat strikes and general unrest. But I notice the clans have the same kind of personal. Most likely, used for the same reasons.

I would guess the only difference is, Omni is trying to make a profit and the clans are trying to "free" us all from whatever. I have tasted this freedom, it lacks order, it lacks discipline. I like the stability Omni-Tek provides me.

I loath disrespect for authority. I outright fear unruly mobs. I cringe at the idea trading something that works for something unknown. Lawlessness and lack of security seem to go hand in hand with a free state.

I cannot support your cause. Omni-Tek works for me. It can for you as well.

Originally posted by Sllaagor
    [B
    Strange, I never saw anything like that among the Atrox and other "forced" labor. We were often denied "insurance" for spurious reasons ... as the death of a "criminal" bothers no one and the death of genetically-engineered eunuch brutes bothers few.

Perhaps that is what delinquent OT employees are able to do, but death to us in the mines was fatal. OT never spent a dime on insurance for their slaves. If they did, it was absorbed by corrupt managers who used it for other (read: their own) purposes.

- Sllaagor
    Clan - Atrox Enforcer [/B]

Re: I can't believe you said that

All new frontiers come with a cost. Men and women have died from day one for new land. You cannot hold the son accountable for the farthers sins.

If you wish to debate the issues, please keep them in the present day. I can't speak of things that happened before my time. I was not there and history is always swayed buy the holder of the pen.

I will only debate events I have personally witnessed. I have never seen Omni-Tek involved in any of the crimes the clans accuse them of.

Originally posted by Windie

Are you aware that 32 years later in 29161, the technology was only up to 40% effectiveness, and even then it wasn't commonly available? Those poor men (and Atrox's are men) ~couldn't~ insure... they were doomed.

Funny how Omni's cruelty comes out in every day... and in statements like this.

((Darn it, you beat me!))

Ok

IF there is peace then ....what!!

Now , i perfer a little war everynow and then. It breaks the ever going task of hunting and missions.

Ignore post above....

Please be aware the felon "Jakespeed" aka "LittleTotem" is a habitual firestarter and agression initiator. He should be viewed as such and ignored.

Coag
    Knights-of-Rubika
    Rk-2
    So, it's sorta social, Demented and SAD, but social.
    (The Breakfast Club)
    Coagulator - General of the Professionals

Angry No past = no future

Originally posted by Mr. Bogus

If you wish to debate the issues, please keep them in the present day. I can't speak of things that happened before my time. I was not there and history is always swayed buy the holder of the pen.

I will only debate events I have personally witnessed. I have never seen Omni-Tek involved in any of the crimes the clans accuse them of.
    And because YOU never see the crimes of OT, they must not exist. What a wonderful life you must have! Take off your blinders. It really helps.

The issues of the present would not exist without the past. There is an ancient saying. "A generation that has no history has no past ... and no future."

The timeline was prepared by the ICC, a neutral (and I do mean "neutral" !) source. Events reported there are fact, not hearsay. If the ICC was (totally) in OT's pocket, would they really list anti-OT events on their timeline? I doubt it.

This discussion is pointless and does nothing to further my cause. The Atrox SHALL be a full breed!

- Sllaagor
    Clan - Atrox Enforcer

Arrow The Nanomage...

I have seen alot said here about my worthy brothers, the Atrox. Omni-Med did their job well, creating a breed of human more fiercely loyal to their own ideals than most any human before had been. Omni-Tek then took this wonder and warped it, using supression gas and propoganda to pervert their ideals to most benefit OT. Those who have broken away and seen the light of freedom are the most stalwart advocates of freedom I have met. And I feel your suffering Sllaagor, you have been robbed in a most di****able way.

Omni-med did their job well in creating the Opiflex, with a lighter tissue structure and enhanced metabolism to be able to run the mines for improptu surveys as well as scout the sometimes inhospitable surface of our world. But their light structure makes them far less resilient than they should be, and the metabolism seems to age many before their time. And did OT care? Not at all, an acceptable loss on the spreadsheets.

Omni-med did their job well creating the Nanomage, with an attunement to nanotech and to notum itself that is unparalleled. The nanomage is different though, our patent cannot be leased to other worlds as we cannot exist on other worlds. We are mearly guinea pigs to see what can be done with the ultimate merging of nanotech and the human form...

You may take this as whining, but this is not so. I'm proud to be a part of a breed of human that could never have existed before or without this world. As with our hardy brothers the Artrox and our quick brothers, The Opiflex, we have no heritage of our own. We were born from labs and meant no more to them than the numbers the first were branded with. But we can have a heritage, but it must be here, on our Rubi-Ka.

I refuse to allow this heritage to be further tainted by OT. My descendants will not be under such a Tyranny as corporate rule. My descendants will live in a peaceful world where freedom is treasured. My descendants will _not_ be numbers.

And that is what was missed, by the originator of this thread. That the clans are all united in one respect: That our lives are less important than a heritage of freedom for the future. This surpasses all political boundries and any dictate from the CoT. If either the Council or OT threaten this future, they will have all the clans baring down upon them.

May the heavens have mercy on whomever tries to disturb our future heritage.

Freedom Forever!
    Making RK2 less safe for everyone...

Ours go to eleven!

I would also like to add that when Sol Banking and TruSpace invaded RubiKa, the clans assisted OTRK who SORELY needed the help. OmniPrime would not send them reinforcements so we helped them. In return, we asked for insurance technology so we could help them more efficiently. What did they say? No. Did we stop helping them? No! That shows our character. We helped OT. They screwed us over. We still helped them. A little insight to our true character I would say.
    Also, it seems OT is a little pressed for soldiers right now. It appears you cannot muster this continiental force to eliminate us from RK (which you could never do anyway) and you were losing the last civil war. Stop chest thumping and keep begging OmniPrime for reinforcements. You will need them.

Uwen
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

A word from the Opifex corner.

Thank you, Seishin, for the kind statements regarding me and my kin. I once also worked for Omni-Tek. Not in the mines, but in the wastelands. My missions were compulsory, not voluntary, and I would always be ill-rationed for them. Sent out on scouting missions for new notum sources and other minerals without the proper rations for my metabolism, nor liquid to last me for long. I had to learn how to treat Bloodcreeper flesh so it would be edible, to cut the cactus so it would bear liquid without killing it and losing that water supply if I need it again. Even to use Scorpoid parts to enhance my own clothing as protection from the sandstorms. What I wouldn't give to never have to have gone through this.

When I was found near Bliss, I was emaciated and haggardly to such a degree, the gaurds thought I was some new type of mutant OT had let loose. I have never been made to perform "volunteer" work unless I was willing to of my own accord regardless of my motivations. My lot in life has greatly improved since aligning with the clans. Fantastic furnishings, a Yalmaha, a pleasure yacht and 2 cars are at my disposal. Had I remained with OT, all my fringe benefits would consist of an inexpensive funeral. My life span is also expected to run for a whole 23% longer than it would've had I not lost my mind temporarily and wandered away from my mission area and OT. Stress really can be a detrimental thing to your health.

Now even though my treatment at the hands of Omni-Tek was "less than satisfactory", I do not bear a grudge against it's employees who have done me no personal wrong. That's not to say I don't hold my cards close to my chest when dealing with OT personnel for whatever reason I might. After all, freedom on Rubi-Ka should be unconditional for all who want it. And if you don't want freedom, that's your choice. Ironic, that that would still be considered a form of freedom in and of itself, choosing not to choose. I choose never to return into the OT fold. Who'd water my plants and feed my Leets?
    Give me liberty, or give me a bronto-burger (or kill me)!

Whaddevah," We will pillage your women and sodomize your towns!" Corny"The wise-cracking slayer of many!"
    Yahmuddah "Yeah, yours! Whatchagonnadoooo?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123