Thread: Content for a Level 200

Content for a Level 200

Its hard being an Apprentice Tradesman these days. The market is so inflated and no one is trusting anyone with their hard earned Rubicans. We have just received a new mission to deliver med supplies to some trapped miners in Newland Desert. The mission was described as "May God Have Mercy on you"... Oh god, why me. "The Advancement is good", my team mates say. Oh brother, you wouldn't be laughing when we all show up at the little blue circle and a terminal that says RECLAIM.

As soon as the mission started I knew I was in a bad jamm. "Someone lead me to the mission plzzz, I have no sense of direction or even know where I'm going." Why oh why does the lightning strike the rock beside my foot and not my head? Oh I forgot, we all have a built in Super-Surge avoidance system that deflects all Static charges so as to not interfere with our nano-programs. Half a sun cycle I waited and finally we are ready to start on our perilous mission.. not to mention that shady-fixer with his blue-finger...

If things weren't bad enough, we are faced with four, count them.. 1,2,3, 4 ! Claws. No problem, the Doc says, "Go get'em MeatBoy." He was referring to Dohboy, our Enforcer. With a Challenger, a Rage, and a Big Mongo, we started to chop them down one by one. The Doc was frantically waving his hands, Beams bashing on all sides, Green nano-streams flying everywhere, and chirp-chirp sounds wizzing by.. the main room was clear. Thank God !!

As we approached the last floor, my team was rather proud of themselves not knowing what is about to befall them. We entered this enormous room. A spring of sort was off to the side with very clear water. The room seems quiet.. too quiet if you asked me. Out of nowhere, "RUN RUN RUN" the doc shouts. He was aggroed by 4 deadly claws. and Dohboy there was mongoing like mad until his little blue bar dropped to nothing. Nothing we could have done for the Doc, no way in hell he could have lived... The rest of my teammates didn't know what to do. We were all gonna DIE. Deep-fry-shrimp was the word to describe it. One by one we fell. I was looking for every corner, rock, vine that I can hide in. I slowly moved myself to the doorway and slipped by to the big white button... All was lost except for me... A smirk fell on my cheeks. This is not my usual expression for such a situation but I couldn't help it. Soon that smirk turned into a laugh and before I knew it, I was on the floor killing myself.

"BEEP - BEEP - BEEP" I found myself in a bed with wires running though my head. I saw a sign that said, " Advance Medical Clinic". What's going on I thought to myself... then I remembered faintly of a Dust Brigade raid in Perpetual Wastes. This is weird, why didn't I just show up at the Reclaim Terminal? hmmm... It must have been the recent "glitches" we have been experiencing ever since The Notum Wars.

Glad to be back as CEO and not an Apprentice, but I sure miss the good old days

- Toytd

PS - This is fiction. If any characters in this short story matches anyone in Rubi-Ka, it is purely coincidence.

If you have mastered your profession, try teaming with a start up character and you will find yourself in a totally different game. The Object of the game is similar to dodge ball. I have ran this simulation myself many many times, and I can tell you this.. It is very tough being the last one standing than you think.. remember that fixer?? Just try to out run a n00by fixer and u will know what I mean. Enjoy !!
    Last edited by toytd; Dec 12th, 2002 at 01:30:16.