Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tir grid is miserable

They moved it to where people zone out from Tir city. And now the mid levels hang out there to find team. The high levels hang out there to find teams. And the low levels use the place to enter/leave the city. Before they moved it, the high levels was hanging around at NW terminals. The mid levels where standing around the grid and the grid was nowhere near any of the city exits.

You don't have to be a genious to understand what is the best solution of the two

Move the grid plz... too much lag getting out of the city..

It is moving next patch ... it will now be no where in sight of Tir south exit...

http://www.mockers.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2646
    Ghostimage ..[218.19 Doc]
    Redtail .........[218.14 Fix]
    Finmere .......[150.14 Enf]

After my 3rd or 4th time having a character stuck in South gate zone I find it much easier going to Athen and taking whompa to Tir. Whats the point of having a grid location with only 50% chance of getting there without kicked out of the game.

move it plz, NE Tir was better than this.

How about having the incomming and outgoing traffic in different locations, and ones which are not surrounded by Mission booths and wildlife? It Would prevent a lot of the lag.

Solution?

Easy solution. Remove the ability to speak in ANY vicinity chat within 100M of the grid exit. Why? Then you wouldn't have 99% of the people there yelling "lvl 200 blah blah LFT!" and maybe they would use the chat channels DESIGNED for that instead. No more people mulling around a major exit. Harsh I know, but I would love to use the Tir grid exit again. I just refuse to now due to 50% of the time crashing on a mid-level computer (1.6Ghz, 528M RAM, Geforce4).
    Financial Advisor of Valor Eternal
    Friendly shopkeeper: Valor Eternal Store

Why would a level 200 be looking for a pickup team?
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Cause they just bought their character off Ebay and think the level cap is 300
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Post-patch report:

Tir Grid is still miserable.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

It was better when it was inside the city.

If you're going to try to make "Tir Grid" better lag-wise, you're going to have to move the grid terminal and the grid exit point far away from city gates. It's not so much the grid exit for people zoning to Tir which creates this problem, it's people currently gathering outside the city gates forcing people to crash and enter crash loops when leaving the south gate of the city.

Oh yea, and the lag's pretty bad too.

Originally posted by Redtail
    It is moving next patch ... it will now be no where in sight of Tir south exit...

http://www.mockers.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2646
    Hmm, so now they're making me run to get into Tir? Why cant they put the damn grid terminal in the city like it should be...
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

You would be surprised at the levels I see shouting 'LFT!'. I think they MUST be ebay bought . When I played for the first time a year ago, it wasn't as bad. People were using the chat channel properly and I found teams with no problem over the channel(and I was an ENGY then! Of course that was when everyone hunted outdoors.). It's sad to see how it devolved. I remember when People standing outside of Fair Trade were ONLY selling stuff or giving buffs. I guess they had to move the whompa on top of FT only when people started showing up to scream 'LFT!'. Sigh, just tired of lagging due to other people's laziness.
    Financial Advisor of Valor Eternal
    Friendly shopkeeper: Valor Eternal Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12