Thread: AS in team missions..

AS in team missions..

..boy, sure would be nice to use my one special in teams.

No one, has the patients in team missions to let an Agent take the time to line up his AS. So, while I just try and keep up to some of the teams that just blaze through missions all I can do is use my regular shots and watch in envy as everyone else bursts, nukes, full autos,flings and dimach's their way happily along.

So the question is, why can't AS work in teams the way it works in PvP? Solo mode I have no problem taking the time to sneak up and line up the shot...I just wish I could be of greater use to teams.

Would be nice if they did something to make it more viable in team PvM. I'd prefer a "If I sneak after it's seen me, and I make the checks and its not directly agro on me (Aka distracted by clobbering somebody else), I can AS" approach myself..

OR

You could just make it similar to a sneak attack in D&D 3rd. If you have somebody that is distracting the mob, then it leaves itself vulnerable to your shot as it is focusing its attention on somebody else. This would translate into if the mob is currently agro on a teammate and not directly attacking you, then you can SA/AS it.

you shouldnt have too much trouble getting AS's off in team missions

Im guessing your sneaking way to early so it takes to long to get to the room

try running to the room and sneaking outside the door you should be able to get as off like that and still keep up

also you don't need to sneak to get an as off. I find if I tab+as fast enough it will go off without sneak or anything its just a matter of the mob noticing you before you hit the button
    Fyrestarter
    lvl 182 doc rk1
    Every ding a doctor gets above 150 will be punished with a smaller range of people to heal, with the same healnanos

Fyrestarter, I have no problem getting off an aimed shot in team missions, problem is no one ever wants to wait for it...you know the pace of those things, your lucky if you can rebuff sometimes. I just wish it was like PvP, use it when its available. Hell, for that matter why not make it usable at any time any where, but with an extra bonus for doing it from a sneaked undetected possition.

ya I dont really know the reason for that one I always thought it would be better if it can be done if you arnt under attack
    Fyrestarter
    lvl 182 doc rk1
    Every ding a doctor gets above 150 will be punished with a smaller range of people to heal, with the same healnanos

Originally posted by Fyrestarter
    ya I dont really know the reason for that one I always thought it would be better if it can be done if you arnt under attack
    Yeah some on FC, make an easy fix that everyone can live with!

i made a post in this forum within the past 2 weeks about the same thing. personally, i think as makes perfect sense as it is. frankly, the way it works in pvp makes less sense. as is a sniping shot, think rp. you sneak up and have time to pinpoint a vulnerable spot on a stationary target.

my idea was simply that as should do a LOT more damge, if only for agents, thus making it worth the wait. if a sufficiently overbuffed agent (using nanos and implants) could take 50% or more of the mob's hp every time w/ as, then people might be willing to wait for it. to keep this from adding to other profs that can use as in addition to fa and burst (making them too powerful), it would need to be something like an agent-specific nano line, big as damage boost of some sort.... this would also give some variety in team missions, so it's not always the tank that leads.

this, to me, is an essential problem. the tank always wants to attack first so he can get a head start on holding agro, if the agent w/ half his hp attacks first, then he has to try to get it back... as would have to do a lot of damage to compensate for that.

but, then, i wouldn't argue if fc would just make it so that you can hit as any time its available and the mob is attacking someone else...

Nable7, I do like your idea as well, I guess the point is something needs to be tweaked here. Perhaps the answer is an agent only gun, or a gun that has high req's for rifle/aimed shot/concealment and sense making it hard for any other prof to use. Just making it Agent only would be the best route, and make it have an enormous crit modifier on the as.

yea that might ok, but perhaps too limiting. if the gun was hard to get, it separate agents into the haves and the have-nots, and make it very expensive to get from others. if it was easy to get, it would limit variety of gameplay for the agent.

i think the best thing for aimed shot would be a damage boost or a change in usability (as was first mentioned.)

the essential problem is that no one seems to care. few post on this topic, and funcom has probably not even heard the complaint, because the only people that notice it are the agents themselves, and others are only anoyed by the agent taking agro on occasion. i've read that agents are good at pulling, but in 50 lvls, ive never been allowed to pull w/ aimed shot, not once. considering fc's bent on team missions, it kinda sucks that the agent is best suited for solo missions.
    Last edited by Nable7; Dec 12th, 2002 at 23:52:03.