Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: a sad time in AO

Originally posted by Caleena
    Xenome isn't in Storm.

Cal
    He was, and it was he who played bibiche aswell, Xenome is his alt. And even reqruiting him and then throwing him away the damage is already done.. But it was just an example. There is loads of people that have blackened the reputation of Storm that have been alowed to be there for longer. =) but as i say.. its not really hated.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

hahaha Xenome doesn't get to spend very much time in ANY org, be it omni or clan.

too funny.

Originally posted by Hajkster

He was, and it was he who played bibiche aswell, Xenome is his alt. And even reqruiting him and then throwing him away the damage is already done.. But it was just an example. There is loads of people that have blackened the reputation of Storm that have been alowed to be there for longer. =) but as i say.. its not really hated.
    Ahh yes, Xenome spent the two week application time in Storm. I personaly allowed this, because he seemed pretty nice in all the conversations i had with him prior to his actual Storm interview.

The fact that he isn't in Storm any longer shows that even the big bad Storm has principles.

Storm hasn't kicked out a lot of people because generaly we try to work out the differences and problems people have, and we keep in the 'banned' players as testiment, some of those members were banned uneccesarily, and it is a silent protest.

Notice how i said... some.

hugs,

Cal

Storm needs to exist, otherwise everyone would need a new victim.
    ..ANARCHY ONLINE..
    ALIENZQUEST
    Storm

You dont understand what im trying to say Cel... What i mean is that Storm Is Bigger.. Alot bigger and while other things happens in other guilds to its just that storm is bigger and it is noticed more in storm.. Xenome was just an example. =)
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Originally posted by Caleena
    Storm hasn't kicked out a lot of people because generaly we try to work out the differences and problems people have, and we keep in the 'banned' players as testiment, some of those members were banned uneccesarily, and it is a silent protest.

Notice how i said... some.
    good thing you got that "some" with.

http://hinux.hin.no/~joakimb/nohead.jpg

*lol*

http://www.anarchy-online.com/charac...1/name/drkrawn

Kinda some time ago I saw him online last time.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

I been in storm for a long time now and i have never been harassed because of my guild tag, which would have been very low at the same point. I personally love my guild and most of its members, all are nice, willing to help and we stand alone. We dont have much of rules in Storm, some principles tho.

Exploiting is not good, i´m not promoting exploiting, but please let funcom decide what an exploit is and what not, some ppl from been banned from AO in the past but i do know alot more non stormers that exploited and got banned. If ppl in storm exploited and didnt get banned, how can that be? As funcoms policy is to ban you for using/abusing exploits, if now you come and say that we have funcom employees in our ranks, you are just silly.

Storm helped alot on testserver, storm allways reports bugs/possible exploits, etc... i admit most of us used treat exploit and used backdoor to SD, but who didnt?

Well anyway better be infamous than not known at all, we got alot of respect amongst clanners and we respect other clanners alot. We might disrespect omnis on a role-playing base. But after all we are all just simple people, humans, all of equal shape and we shouldnt judge ppl on one attribute (here: guild ur in), because thats what rednecks do with "******s" and nazis did with jews...

regards,

PS tolbat, dont care about ignorant ppl, they just jalous...
    Last edited by Punkbum; Jan 24th, 2003 at 08:12:56.
    soldier Punkbum
    trader Punkbumm

well i been a member of storm for ages now and its got a bunch of friendly and fun people in it. i have enjoyed my time in it thoroughly. people can say what they want and slag who they want i dont care. if i like people i like them no matter the guild or even the side. i try not to take the game too seriously and have fun in pvp. for example if i have a pvp fight with someone i like to talk to them after it alot of the time.
    like today i attacked meatlespok (sorry bout spelling) by himself when he was on a raid at our base. i seen the atrox and beem and i thought "enf! i've have a go at him!". i didnt care to check he was a nt lol . bit of lag then i see these huges nukes and my health disapearing big time so i ****e myself and grid . then i send him a message and we have a laugh about it. ao is about fun!
    sorry i went abit of track there hehe. one thing u gotta think about is... having a huge guild with many members will always have its troubles, ups and downs. out of 100 people the odd person on the odd occasion is bound to do silleh things and they add up and create arguments etc. remember shadows of rubi-ka run by good old snarf. it was the biggest guild by a long shot at the time.tonnes of members lead to alot of disputes and finally the downfall of the clan.
    the thing storm is grateful of is it's leader wolfe. he keeps everything moving smoothly and working together, sorting arguments and that out. wolfe does not sleep for days and days to help organise raids and protect/attack towers etc to the detrament of his health. he is not to well atm and is going to doc tomorrow to have a few tests and stuff. i hope he gets sorted for storms sake! get well soon m8

also on a few comments made:
    i dont need your sympathy. i have never cheated and hopefully never will. and i dont care what u think of me or storm. :P cuase people who know me on both sides know what im like
    also people make mistakes and do silleh stuff thats all part of life so deal with it

Neophyte Hotpanties

A note on "hate".

In Anarchy Online, most preconcieved notions of groups of people come from past experiences we have had personally, seen or heard of in the forums, or have related to by friends. These accounts may or may not be completely accurate, yet every occourance has either a negative or positive influence on how we speak of, interact with, or deal with the said group (or individuals within it) in the future. For Example -

When I was a very little baby crat, around level 45 or so, I was in the Steps of Madness trying with my group to kill neleb for his coat. We were all still learning about the game, and doing well however while we were there, a lvl 160ish Storm Martial Artist came with his friend. They camped him, killed him, then deleted the loot, just to waste time and harass omni.

Looking back on that, although it may seem insignificant now at the time it was stressful and upsetting. It made me feel helpless, and frustrated with the not only the individual but everything related to
    them. I unconsciously catergorized him as a representative of his organization - created a bais "filter" through which all future information about the storm guild would come through and be tainted by.

I realized a while ago that there are good and bad individuals, as posted here earlier, in all groups of people and when we judge people and groups based on our prejudices and stereotypes and treat them differently, that it is infact discrimination.

A stereotype is a generalization about a person or group of persons. Our society often subconciously creates and utilizes stereotypes when they are unable or unwilling to obtain all of the information they would need to make fair judgments about people or situations. In the absence of the "total picture," stereotypes in many cases allow us to "fill in the blanks." , but these stereotypes often lead to unfair discrimination and persecution when the stereotype is unfavorable.

Regardless of faction, personally I feel that people who judge and flame without first hand knowledge of a stituation should, recognize that they are not acting fairly if they treat people differently because of preconcevied notions and prejudices.

So I'm sorry, Tolbat, that you've been injustly singled out for harrassment because of your guild tag. I feel however that this sort of behavior will continue until the time that people as a society take the time to make their judgements based on facts, instead of perpetuated stereotypes.

/idealism off

This by no means condones or justifies cheating/exploiting.
    ____

Read more about Stereotypes:

Here

____

They really need to give me more things to do at work.

/hugs
    Aly
    Alysanda
    Lvl 215 Rubika 1 Omni Bureaucrat

Retroaction
    Lvl 176 Rubika 1 Omni Soldier
    Recourse
    Lvl 100ish Rubika 1 Omni Doctor
    Anarchist of TEEN GIRL SQUAD!

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard

tolbat is one of the bad stormers though!!!

Neophyte Hotpanties

I myself was a member of Storm for quite sometime ....and sure there was some exploiting going on....but SO WHAT EVERYONE HAS EXPLOITED PERIOD!!!! If we all got banned RK 1 would be a GM playfield........and dont tell me you havent exploited..... You would rather lose 50m xp than to step into the shelves in broken shores? or hide behind the door? It gives you an unfair advantage .....and For gods sake everyone has done this one "PVP with less than 100k Ping is considered and Exploit and a bannable offense" watch out all you arena ppl ......Everyone in storm is a regular person just like everyone in every other guild.... The Only reason I even left is because I was getting Killed by a guildee lol Although I should've stayed and let the officers kick him instead(You Know who you are) ..
    I must say there have been some entertaining exploits in this game I remember dual Wielding 2HB Hammers on a little atrox back in the day lol when the Q cheat was around (WHOA there is another one!)

so lets just quit getting upset cause they are good enough to get lewt ....that doesnt make them bad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123