Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Token boards

Token boards

I see no point to this change.

Of all the changes suggested, this was not among them. No one ever felt the 1000k board was too weak. Everybody gets one anyway.

This adds no token incentive, has no roleplay value, and does not help distinquish team from solo players (really, the only reason for the system in the first place) and is therefore pointless.

I'm not complaining, just scratching my head. Who thought that this was necessary or rather, how does this add to the content of the game?
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

Am I missing something here? I trying to figure out what your complaint is....

Anyways theres a 1k token board, never heard of a 1000k. As for its bonus's I think they are pretty sweet, % extra to xp, 230 run speed, 230 nano programing, added damage, whats wrong with it?

Roleplay value? Was there ever intended to be any? If so what would the roleplay value of collecting tokens be?

Jagdtyger

Yeah 1000 gah missed that K anyway clans have more HP/Nano on their board then Omni.. Whats the RP Value in that? Anyways, Check out Jaydes database for the stats on the Omni and Clan 1k Tokenboard and you get my point ;P
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Originally posted by JagdTyger
    "Am I missing something here? I trying to figure out what your complaint is...."

I'm not complaining, just scratching my head.- You apparently missed this line?

"Anyways theres a 1k token board, never heard of a 1000k."

Called a typo.

"As for its bonus's I think they are pretty sweet, % extra to xp, 230 run speed, 230 nano programing, added damage, whats wrong with it?"

Nothing. But since everyone will have one, why is this minor tweak even an issue? Scratches head again. It does add to the PvM advantage, but I hardly see how +200 hp and np were the needed edge to turn the tide.

It is like putting hats on all monsters, interesting but pointless

"Roleplay value? Was there ever intended to be any? If so what would the roleplay value of collecting tokens be?"

A token is given to show dedication to your cause. Omni vs clan. The trade off historically was that if you teamed you could level much, much faster, get higher level loot, and more efficiently use your ip. At that time you got no tokens for team missions.

The solo tradeoff was tokens, which could earn you the merit boards. You also tended to make more money in solo missions. Had the old system not been changed I would be among the LEGIT few to actually have the impressive benefits of the 1000 (no k) token board. A real advantage.

But changes were made, now everyone has this thing. The unique and only advantage of the solo player was high level boards. Since Team play is much more popular, Funcom eventually caved in to give them this as well. Tokens for team missions and higher level missions gave more tokens.

So the hope was that Funcom was going to throw a carrot back at the soloer with this change, but really they just make a pointless tweak.

As for Marlamin, I hear that it is a typo and will be changed.

Smacks Head, then scratches it

Right, so who exactly at Funcom is the man in charge of the token system?
    Please can you put him online for a few moments so he can explain what exactly was the point of these token board changes.

Let us get to the basics for a second.
    First, every single Omni & Clan player will get a 1000 token board.
    It is not difficult, it is not an achievement, it's a quick waltz and there it is.
    This point is really for the neutrals, they don't get boards.
    Now I've never seen anybody complaining about the current 1000 board.
    I've never actually seen anybody say "Hay, that board is not powerful enough".
    However, if somebody from Funcom had taken the time to read these forums now and again they would have seen plenty of posts regarding what to do with tokens once you've got your 1000 board at around Level 100-110.

There have been a few suggestions, I personaly have always said that due to the devaluation of tokens the system should be extended, maybe bring in a board at 2500 and then 5000 tokens.
    If you want to go for these further boards then go for it, if you don't then to be quite simply put, don't.
    There have been a few arguments against this idea, one being "Further boards would be too powerfull".
    So why exactly the changes to the 1000 board?
    As I said above, it isn't a matter of if you'll get the board if you're Omni or Clan it is a matter of when.

Why couldn't the 1000 board be left "as is" and this new improved version added at 2500 tokens?
    I really do not understand this change at all.
    Now, before I get the "smart arsed" replies along the lines of "Stop complaining" & "God man, you complain when they improve something".
    Yes I am ignoring these replies.
    I am not complaining about the changes to the board, I am simply asking for some kind of logic behind the decision to improve the current easy to get board further.

Now, if by any chance somebody from Funcom has accidentally clicked onto this thread when they meant to hit another one, once again I have to ask a very simple question:

With everybody getting the top board at Levels 100-110 what exactly are we supposed to do with further tokens?

I am currently sitting at 2750 legally gained tokens and to be honest it is getting a little bit silly.
    At least confirm if these things are going to be of extra use!
    Oh, and while you're at it, just a few lines on today's token board change would be nice.

1000 tokens are 100-110? What you smokin? I dont know 'anyone' that level with that many tokens. It doesnt add up.

Thats all I gotta say, as for the changes, I asked to see people boards and I see no uber changes. Except the 400 one says the next one will contain 950hp/nano when you get 400 tokens, which makes NO Sense at all.

Whaz goin on?
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Of course it is easy to get 1000 tokens by level 100-110.
    I did and as I said above these were all legit tokens too - no illegal trading or running missions with 5 grey mobs in to get one.
    The majority of these were also collected at a time when 1 token = 1 token.
    With the "New Improved Token System" /sarc in place it is even easier to get those tokens.
    Level 100-110 for the 1000 board, you ask around, I think you'll find a high majority of people did and have done this.

Originally posted by RedSonja
    Of course it is easy to get 1000 tokens by level 100-110.
    I did and as I said above these were all legit tokens too - no illegal trading or running missions with 5 grey mobs in to get one.
    The majority of these were also collected at a time when 1 token = 1 token.
    With the "New Improved Token System" /sarc in place it is even easier to get those tokens.
    Level 100-110 for the 1000 board, you ask around, I think you'll find a high majority of people did and have done this.
    Sure, easy enough, I had ~580 at lvl 74.

However, you can't equip your 1000 token board at lvl 100-110 making it completely useless to you until you hit TL6.

Arrow

No, your 1000 board is title4, aka level 100. Your 400 board is also title4.

And yes 1k boards at level 100 is doable if you make a character now, I had 800 at 75 without /terminate then did team leveling (w/o tokens for awhile, after token value change but before team missions) which delayed my 1k board until 125.

Personally I think this token board difference thing is a bug and reflects what higher level boards might do in the future. Can't wait for those
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

The problem isnt that they have "Improved" It the problem is that they have "Improved" Clans and not Omnis wtf is up with that?
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Clan and Omni boards are the same, its a typo.

I never got a 1k board before level 150 at the earliest, then again during the early levels say 1-75 I spend all that time outdoors with my char.

I see what ya saying now, as for the team/solo diff I cant really agree there. But I think it was to extend pvp battles by giving each person more health, and to make it so that you would be less wanting to jump sides. As for newts not getting boards, thats their choice not to get them.

Jagdtyger

You got something that helps you so why the hell complain? sit back and either b quiet or say thanks.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Been there done that

I got my 1000th token at level 98. Had to wait 2 levels before I could wear the board. Many of them from the old 1 mission=1 token days. All legit.
    Mocham free since February 2003.
    Maestro dependent since January 2003.
    Honestly, that traders are the owners of the tradeskill buffs should not be a major point of complaint. - Munchausen

Lordtritoch,

If you can't understand a post, then don't respond. You can start by reading it.

Post 1: "I am not complaining just scratching my head...."

Reply 1: "Am I missing something here, I trying to figure out what your COMPLAINT is"

Post 2: refers to line in post 1.

Time passes, you show up to start this all over again.

People, seriously, read the damn posts you respond to, try to find the meaning or intent, then post a constructive thoughtful response.

If you can't do this, remember that a fool is counted among the wise when he is silent.

I just get so sick of the drivel you people post because you don't do your homework. Just reading the title of the thread does not mean you are ready to post your knee jerk response.

Originally posted by Lordtritoch
    some people in this game are complete asses

/me whistles innocently.
    Oh, now I get it. Got rope?
    Last edited by hobbes; Dec 13th, 2002 at 03:30:43.

tokens?

I stopped picking up tokens off bodies at about lvl 150. Whats the point. I hope they give us something to do with tokens after 1k but right now there is really no reason to collect anymore.

Give us new boards

Please give us something to spend tokens upon or make some better boards.

Best suggestion I ever saw was the suggestion of players being able to buy the hard-to-get items like Nullity and Grid Armor. For a 1000 tokens you could buy the nullity 1 and for 2000 you could get nullity 2.

People could go hunt for these items as well but it would be possible to achieve them from doing a lot of work for your faction.

6063 tokens on my board..... That is 5063 unspend tokens I would like to spend on something. And NO, I havent exploited or anything but still does single missions when I only have an hour to play.

- Kairalaa

194 NT, almost there......

I guess that I missed something...

Originally posted by hobbes
    Everybody gets one anyway.
    I keep hearing about people with 1k token boards at early levels. You must have been lucky and found alot of tokens on mobs. I only do missions (no teams), all to 100% or as close as possible and most missions taken are of my characters level. I do not tend to do missions of higher levels than my character because this would allow for more exp. gained thus leveling would be faster thus lowering my chances to gain 1k tokens before level 200. The amount of time played in game each day matters not, the time taken to do a mission does. This is the only way to get tokens on a regular basis, standing around in a city park does not gain tokens. Tokens on mobs are a rare thing for me.

So when I hear of people having 1k token boards at such low levels I have to ask these questions...

How did you do that? How fast can a person do a mission to a sufficient percentage level to get a token most of the time? If your running the percentage chance up per kill, how close do you get to 100 percent before you achieve the goal of the mission?

If anyone of the players or anyone with FC please explain this to me. I have missed somthing somewhere. I have never gained tokens that fast ever with any of my characters. I have charcters from the old system and the new system. The newer character(83 CRAT) has more tokens than the older character (133 NT) but does not have 1k tokens yet at level 83 (about 430 tokens) and I do solo mission only at my characters level. I also take only missions in clon**** because most of the mission areas are tiny thus allowing for slow leveling and faster token gathering. A few times I have performed higher level missions and the token count did not change so I did not see the point in climbing higher in mission levels only to do less missions and not have the 1k board by level 200.

Its apparent to me I am not seeing somthing. Someone please help my feeble mind!
    Last edited by Grimmtooth; Dec 13th, 2002 at 17:50:54.
    "This town needs an enema!" The Joker, Jack Nicholson.

" I think I'll perplex him with my slowball" Bugs Bunny

Gah, personally I don't care why Was a nice bonus! hehe

They are damned if they do and damned if they don't...

LOL

Grim,

Don't worry, you are right on track with the new system. You will be quite close to 1000 at level 100 (when you can actually equip the board).

As for tokens on mobs, these are a rarity and don't contribute significantly to your total.

Clon**** missions and Aegean (excluding Rising Sun) missions are good ones for quick tokens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast