Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is the 1k Clan Board better then the 1k Omni Board?

I know, I know!

"Its only a visual bug"?

or

"its a feature"?
    TOMTEMOR

Originally posted by Arinia
    That board should be the 2k token board.
    1000 more tokens for 200 hp and nano? I think it should be a little more considering if its a 1k to 2k jump.

As for the guy saying we have those advantages, can I say hahahaahaahahaah noob.

For all the omni wanting better items, why don't you just turn clan. It is just one app form.

haha, couldn't resist it.

Scrap token boards completely please.
    Neutrals have enough of a disavantage already.

Like you said it L1V1D: For all the neutrals wanting better items, why don't you just turn clan/omni. It is just one app form.

haha, couldn't resist it.

Yay for token boards!
    TOMTEMOR

If clanners really want to discuss skill advantages, then you ought to be mentioning the organization skill bonuses Clans were supposed to have, not token boards.

I don't recall these being in the game, even though they were supposed to be a "feature" of Clan orgs.

Or have you forgotten?

With the CoT dissolved, I don't really see who exactly is "backing" the Clan Merit Boards any more.

Don't see any particular reason why Clanners should have one and not Neutrals. Give us an ICC Board, dangit.

-Jayde

"I'm all for each side having there advantages. But there does need to be some equality. Tell me how Omni Armor is any better than any of the following:

CAS
    MKII
    Azure
    Sentinel (has omni counterpart)
    Bronto
    Carbonum
    Kaehler Sleeves (Clan Only.. counterpart fredrickson, which don't really compare in terms of the bonus skills)
    Nelly Johnsons Dress
    Dragon Armor
    mantis armor
    CDS armor
    "

It not like all this armor is clan specific and also keep in mind that the above armors are relatively hard to get...some are almost impossible to get.

Originally posted by Jayde
    With the CoT dissolved, I don't really see who exactly is "backing" the Clan Merit Boards any more.

Don't see any particular reason why Clanners should have one and not Neutrals. Give us an ICC Board, dangit.

-Jayde
    Who's backing the clans? Lord Galahad - Knights Clan, Ruth Montezuma - New Dawn, Simon Silverstone - Sentinals

Re: Re: Why is the 1k Clan Board better then the 1k Omni Board?

Originally posted by Demona66

As far as I remember Clan was suppossed to have the skill advantage while Omni the equipment.

But this could be a simple bug
    Omni the equipment? Gimme them kaehler sleeves immediately back then... you can keep the 200 hp for all I care but then they have to be just in this seperation! we want kaehler sleeves for compensation!

but ... it's all a bug ... so nvm

It is a bug

This was confirmed by Cz on #anarchyonline

He wasnt aware of it (yesterday when I asked) but said that:

1.)

Upgrade was intentional

2.)

Both should be same, if not, it is a BUG...

Now smash that bugger...

Zarch and da chars

Leave them at what they are most omni and clan version stuff differs Crat Suit omni's is better than clans. Augmented Ring we dont have they do. Money they get more of. Omni Pol armors we dont get we got Graft and Organic which dont even compare. Now they can turn graft into CAS which is a CLAN armor hence Clan Anarchist Syndicate. So why not one have btter then the other.

You got Tir rings n stuff ...

nah let em fix it like they should ... else give us kaehler sleeves! Like I stated earlier

For all you neutrals saying to get rid of OT/Clan Token boards....

You signed up as neutral knowing the disadvantages. Don't ask for a nerf to the ones in this conflict because you feel underprivileged. Join a side. Whats that you say? You are on a side? Sorry that there is no neutral backing for tokens. Not my problem. Its yours for choosing a side with disadvantages. It said so when you picked neutral, said so in the ancient manual, so bear with your decision.

Gets too bad? Why don't you pick a side and fight for freedom or fight for the corporation.

Neutral on this planet? Your all just future recruits for Omni-Tek or the clans.
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

Originally posted by Cyblade7
    ...said so when you picked neutral
    really? did you get a message when you picked a neutral side? cause I know i sure didnt....

seriously however, neutrals should not get token boards, and nobody's boards should be done away with

Neutrality and Token Boards

The lack of tokens and token boards has made my neut rich.

I never have to get to 100% to finish a mission, I always go to the target directly. There is no point for a neutral to kill any more than the bare minium to get to the target. This means my neuts will do four to five the number of missions in any given time frame, and the cash is a nice bonus.

I would like to see some more neut specific items, that would increase our numbers.

If you ask me notum wars has done more to hurt neuts than token boards, as a 10% XP bonus at all levels is a mighty bonus.

(On a purely speculative thread, neuts could enjoy some of the advantages that old earth neuts received, nice wristwatches that helped in combat, really good army knives that have tradeskill bonuses, the most beautiful women, and cheeze with holes in it)

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Re: Neutrality and Token Boards

Originally posted by Animosity
    The lack of tokens and token boards has made my neut rich.

I never have to get to 100% to finish a mission, I always go to the target directly. There is no point for a neutral to kill any more than the bare minium to get to the target. This means my neuts will do four to five the number of missions in any given time frame, and the cash is a nice bonus.
    Notum fragments, soul fragments, GA II and 7% IQ Ring. Those are just to name a few of the recent things I've found off the mobs I've killed and looted during missions.

So, you can claim that by doing a greater number of missions will make you richer because you can do them faster, but for those of us completing missions in full know better.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Cemetarygate:
    Notum fragments, soul fragments, GA II and 7% IQ Ring. Those are just to name a few of the recent things I've found off the mobs I've killed and looted during missions.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You found them just recently? WtF have you been? I found them long time ago.

Originally posted by Rudeboyz's dad
    quote:
    Originally posted by Cemetarygate:

You found them just recently? WtF have you been? I found them long time ago.
    Yeah, like I said, I only listed the 'recent' rare and valuable items in my post. I didn't want to come off sounding any more arrogant, than I already did, by listing 'all' the rare and valuable stuff I've looted.

Point being, kill and loot. You will find rare and valuable items which hold far more value than items you gain by simple blitzing.

Originally posted by Cyblade7
    For all you neutrals saying to get rid of OT/Clan Token boards....

You signed up as neutral knowing the disadvantages. Don't ask for a nerf to the ones in this conflict because you feel underprivileged. Join a side. Whats that you say? You are on a side? Sorry that there is no neutral backing for tokens. Not my problem. Its yours for choosing a side with disadvantages. It said so when you picked neutral, said so in the ancient manual, so bear with your decision.

Gets too bad? Why don't you pick a side and fight for freedom or fight for the corporation.

Neutral on this planet? Your all just future recruits for Omni-Tek or the clans.
    I never said we should get rid of Token Boards.

I am against an UPGRADE of Token Boards, because the 1000 board was already the most overpowering single item in the game.

I am for Neutrals getting something similar to a Token Board to even things out.

There is as much in-game backing for Neutrals as there is for Clans ATM. Silverburg, Galahad...yeah, they're there...but they're not a centeralized orginization like the CoT. ICC, Harry, a number of other prominent figures on Rubi-Ka are all Neutral, and could provide just as much support as the people mentioned for the Clans.

Did I sign up for being Neutral knowing the disadvantages? Where did it say that Token boards would be upgraded over time, and the best armor in the game (Sentinals and Omni-AF) would be sided? Was it in some annoying tooltip I missed? 'Cause I sure didn't see it.

There is a difference between a resonable tactical advantage, and an every-increasing dispairity that goes beyond the realm of "fair."

-Jayde

The token board was not 'upgraded' over time. Many of the changes to the board throughout the span of game time have been fixes.

The change in 14.7.5 was not an upgrade, but a compensation to a receint nerf to the board. Which is in typical Funcom fashion. Usually when they degrade something they try and offer something in return to make up for said degrade.

In this case, Funcom made the Nano Damage buff useless, thus nerfing that part of the board. So, they removed the Nano Damage buff and compensated with the additional health and nano pool.

As far as Galahad and Montezuma, they are only but a small portion of who is backing the clans. There are more backing the clans, of which I neglected to name, over who could be backing the neutrals. So, the neutrals do not have as much backing them as clans have backing them.

Plus, those two names, among the others I neglected to mention are who make up the CoT. Maybe an oversight on Funcoms part, but the neglected to mention those persons fleeing along with Radiman.

As far as neutrals getting something similar. Persons became clan, Omni or neutral not knowing the exact advantages and disvantages, but everyone was told there are advantages and disvantages to each side of the conflict.

Upon entering the training grounds every neutral person has an empty clan and Omni-Tek merit board in their inventory, and/or could find empty merit boards in the startup shop terminals. Therefore, neutral persons knew since level 1 that one of the disadvantages to being netural was lack of token board.

The neutrals made the choice to continue onward without the board, which is why you shouldn't get one now. Again, was your choice to go without. Plus, as I've shown, the board has not been upgraded, but fixed. So that's not a concern.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast