Thread: About time!!!

About time!!!

Well all in all the patch notes look good! But the one I like the most is this one right here.

We have decided to restrict the positive influence of healing and buffing of lower and higher level players after the Shield Disabler Item has been used. In LC areas, after this has happened, when you are PvP enabled (after Grace) you will no longer be able to heal or buff people outside your PvP attack range.

You can check out the rest of the notes here.
    We are not racist, religious, violent, elitist or criminal. We are the sworn enemy of injustice and those who warp laws into justification for the corrupt. We are the freaks in your school, office, or church. We are the ones who do not sit idly by, or turn a blind eye to injustice in any form. We are vigilantes, hackers, freejackers, spies, and friends. We are sick of the current corpora-political trend and seek to ensure that infringements on freedom do not go unnoticed. We are Fixers!

Freshman Pete "Teufeldieb" Freiman - Retired Due to Lack of Content for Fixers in SL

Samuel "Pokett" Adams - Self Healing Tank

Yes, after 20 pages of discussion on this, with many people pointing out its obvious flaws and exploits, FC goes ahead with it anyway. Even the people who support the concept don't think that the solution they've coded will work well.

And after Cz tells us it won't go in before Christmas, it's put in a full two weeks before.

I'm hyped. Really. Can't you feel the excitement?

At this rate the only people who will be able to own towers are low-level pvp-twink guilds and uberguilds. Mid-size, mid-level orgs will be squeezed out by rules that make it impossible to defend a mid-level base.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Well in a way it is good. Like last night out in Belial there was a lvl100 tower getting attacked. No big deal right... wrong ! They had two lvl200 Docs healin the lowbies that where attacking the towers. The lvl 100's didnt have to worry about anything cause they have two docs casting uber heals. And the defending lvl100's didnt have a chance of fighting against heals like that.

But then again all they have to do now is step out wait for the 1minute PvP flag to wear off then step back in and do 1minutes worth of healing while Grace Period is ticking down.

I think that if you are not within the PvP range of the tower you should not be allowed in that area at all while it is 25% or less. And you shouldnt be able to heal or buff ppl that are inside the PvP zone from outside the PvP zone.
    We are not racist, religious, violent, elitist or criminal. We are the sworn enemy of injustice and those who warp laws into justification for the corrupt. We are the freaks in your school, office, or church. We are the ones who do not sit idly by, or turn a blind eye to injustice in any form. We are vigilantes, hackers, freejackers, spies, and friends. We are sick of the current corpora-political trend and seek to ensure that infringements on freedom do not go unnoticed. We are Fixers!

Freshman Pete "Teufeldieb" Freiman - Retired Due to Lack of Content for Fixers in SL

Samuel "Pokett" Adams - Self Healing Tank

To me, the best thing about levelling is that you can help people lower level than you. You can give them equipment, money, buffs, whatever. As a young doc, I was really dependent on my friends. Now that I'm higher level, it's really nice to be able to help others out.

I understand why some people want this change. In the form described by Cz, it has enormous holes in it; so it won't come close to accomplishing it's goal. The many problems with it were discussed in great detail in Proposed design: If you can't be attacked, you can't assist with buffs and healing.
    posted by Teufeldieb

They had two lvl200 Docs healin the lowbies that where attacking the towers.
    It works both ways, Teuf:
    posted by Grontha in Mildly anoyed

the guys attacking were too low , so I have to stand there watching them shoot our only base to ruins.
    If you want to see lots of discussion over the pluses and minuses of this change, that huge "Proposed design" thread I linked to above has plenty of it. Unfortunately, Cz closed the thread when they decided to put this change live today. FunCom didn't care whether or not we could point out big, obvious flaws in it.

But to me, the worst thing about it is that it's a step in the direction of forbidding players to assist anyone outside their level range. They're moving towards declaring one of the most rewarding parts of the game into an exploit.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops