Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What I would like to get for Christmas from the Devs:

What I would like to get for Christmas from the Devs:

Wished-for Patch Notes for Whenever...

- The hour-long 5% gas period has been done away with, pending the creation of an alliance system for organizations. Allies will be able to grid to each others' controllers and will be considered as the same guild for base defense by the towers and the CC system.

- The 25% gas periods around LC areas have been scaled against controller QL. The new periods are:
    -- 3 hours for QL 100 and under.
    -- 4 hours for QL 101-200.
    -- 5 hours for QL 201+.

- Attacking, healing, and buffing inside LC areas will be limited depending on the QL of the LC area. If your level is less than the high end PvP range of the upper QL limit of the LC area, and also is greater than the low end of the PvP range for the lower QL limit of the LC area, you can attack, heal, and buff all other people in that same range without restriction. If you are outside of the PvP range for the area, as defined, you cannot affect in any way the people who are 'in range,' or the towers.

- The PvP "free for all" bracket in non-LC areas has been lowered from level 150 to level 125.

- Damage caused by QL 150-200 turrets has been increased by 15%.

- A "Cloaking Field" has been developed for defensive towers. This is an advanced camoflauge system that causes all guardians and turrets around your Controllers to vanish when the area's suppression gas is 100%. Putting a Cloaking Field Device into your "/org contract" box will activate it, and removing it will deactivate it.

- An "Electromagnetic Analyzer" has been developed to attempt to penetrate tower Cloaking Fields. This expendable device gives the user a chance of spotting towers that are cloaked. This is a "hostile action" and checks the user's perception and the device's QL against a cloaked tower's Concealment.

- Decoy Towers have been developed. These come in two types:
    -- Holo Decoys are small projectors that create the image of a tower, with a 1-hour battery life. "Use" the projector to create a tower's image directly in front of you.
    -- Shell Decoys are tower shells that lack weapons or nano generators. Simple electronics replicate moving parts and lights for realism. Shell Decoys are weakly armored and have no self-repair capability, and are designed to stand for 2 hours before auto-collapsing.
    NOTE: The same person can only have one Shell and one Holo decoy deployed at a time, and can only erect Decoys in a LC area that their organization owns.

- Additional Service Tower types have been designed, as follows:
    -- Medical Service Towers pulse an aura that heals the owner and teammates in its area, and reduces the durations of hostile nano programs in friendly NCUs. This tower type has no weapons, however.
    -- Defensive Service Towers pulse a stronger shield, increasing AC more and adding a reflection shield. This tower type has no weapons.
    -- Notum Radiator Service Towers extract trace notum from the soil where they are planted to replenish nanobots more quickly for its owner. This tower type generates no shield, and has a light weapon.
    -- Heavy Combat Service Towers have stronger hitpoints and armor, and a large cannon. However, this tower type gives the user no beneficial shielding.
    -- Mine Towers deploy explosive mines against enemies in a small radius, causing explosive area damage. These towers have no beneficial shields for users.
    -- Ensnaring Towers radiate a "snare" aura, slowing down hostile creatures in its vicinity. This tower type has no shielding or weaponry.

- Engineers can now create Repair Droids. These Repair Droids have had their weapons replaced with repair tools, but are well-armored and can perform repairs on towers or other robot pets. Engineers can still only command one robot at a time.

- Those in an organization who are capable of placing a controller will be able to reset the controller's suppression gas period by targeting the controller and typing /tower reset. This will re-start the 18-hour 100% gas period for that controller as of the time the command is issued. However, it will also put your area immediately into a 25% suppression situation for the next hour, and can only be done once per controller. The intent is to allow organizations who capture land to shift their window of vulnerability onto a better schedule for them.
    Last edited by Jynne; Dec 31st, 2002 at 18:49:53.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Lots of good ideas here. Nice work, Jynne.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

I want a complimentary Nerf bat shipped to me in the mail...and not one of those cheapo copies too, but one of the original ones from Mattel.
    MP's should be FEARED.

I would like to see NT's get nerfed some more.
    svendor lvl 206 nt
    Eternal fury
    LORD oF THE CLAW CAMP.

Re: What I would like to get for Christmas from the Devs:

Originally posted by Jynne

- The 25% gas periods around LC areas have been scaled against controller QL. The new periods are:
    -- 5 hours for QL 201+.
    Lots of great ideas, but this is most important. It is also the easiest to implement, hint, hint.

Fab ideas
    Sulema Keaorata Fahrni

You dont need eyes to see, you need vision

damn real good ideas here
    you should be on the FC payrole for these ideas

Here is what I would like to see.

Base the area levels on what controllers yoiu can buy in shops.

eg: the area intended for a lvl 100 tower should be 90 - 110. The area for a lvl 150 should be 130 - 175.

Now. take the low level for the zone and apply the current PvP rule. Then take the high level of the zone and apply the current PvP rule for the zone.

The level range that can fight/buff/heal inside that zone is now 72 - 138 and 104 - 200. If your inside those ranges, your free for everyone else inside that range. If your outside that range, you can't fight, you can't heal, you can't buff and you can't disable any shields. You would be the first to be teleported when the Crowd Controll kicks in, and you won't even be alowed to enter the area when the shields are down.

It will create other issues. But I think it will be fair, and it will be a clean system.

Re: What I would like to get for Christmas from the Devs:

Originally posted by Jynne
    -- 5 hours for QL 201+.
    I like the idea of reducing times for lower towers, but I would go a bit further. Maybe 1, 2 and 3?

Seriously. Hanging around for 5+ hours in 25/5% supression when nothing happens is boring.

-- Mine Towers deploy explosive mines against enemies in a small radius, causing explosive area damage. These towers have no beneficial shields for users.
    Or mines in general. Devices we can plant throughout the area causing damage to any hostile target.

Good post, Jynne.

Wow, lots of good ideas there Jynne

All those new controller types would be cool, and the camoflage ideas would make good use of ADV perception buffs....

And a bump for FFA PVP set to 125
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Talking

My wish list just got shorter. I wish you had a job with FC then most of my concerns would be solved. VERY good ideas and well thought out.

Alliance system

I think this part is the MOST important thing that Jynne brought up. some system to assist in the formation and running of alliances would be GREAT. Help the smaller more closely knit guilds survive and have a chance of defending a tower....and also not getting sucked up by mergers with large guilds just cause the players wanna take part.

Drsepsis
    President of Synergy Factor

"The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be the death penalty for it, but why don't we remove all the safety labels and let the problem work itself out?"

"The most populous thing in the world is hydrogen, followed closely by idiots."

Good ideas there, particularly the ones for service towers. When you're at 4.5k AC anyway, another couple hundred is not really worth the hassle of tracking down someone to build them above level 75 for you (or the expense).

Something thats actually more of a fix issue with these service towers: the parts and completed towers need to be stackable. Since you have to make them (or have someone else make them, since the requirements are so high), as it is now you end up with a backpack full of single towers that aren't reusable and are highly inconvenient for setting up quick setup keys.

Jaesic
    171 NT (rk2)

editted to add: Btw... I think the service towers are important because they are really the main feature for people who purchased NW but are either not in an org or are in an org that doesn't have the power to hold a base. If you don't have decent service towers, the only thing you get out of NW in those circumstances is a painted yalm.

Oh, one more Christmas gift wish:

- All players using weapons on Physical Inits are exempted from the crit reduction for PvP.

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

I would like to see the ICC weather control system hacked and tuned to create snow on Rubi-Ka. LOL

But seriously I would like to see random events happen like a giant mutant beast attacking Omni-1, or a high level Omni or Clan official has been kidnapped and the entire player base can work together to find him/her. Scavenger hunts for big loot and creds.

So my christmas list is.

Random events envolving the entire player base on Rubi-Ka (NOT IN THE SAME AREA).

Great ideas, especially the one about the repair droid for the engis, that would be really nice (have a lvl 57 engi).

If not repair droids maybe a "first aid" kit for your bots. Locks up mechanical engineering for as long as a regular first aid kit locks up first aid. Of course they probably wouldn't sell it with the rest of the medical supplies so it would most likely have to be a tradeskill item to make. or maybe an engi store

Actually I would like to see an engi store that catered to the bots. Of course if they were to add something like that how many 'crats would start complining... hmm...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Even if your minds confused,
    then this is what you need to do,
    you need to get that mixed up feeling upside in from out of you" -Mr. Bones

Well, since none of my wishes here have come true, I've edited the main post with a few changes and new ideas, and I'm bumping this to the top.

Hey, I can wish, right?

- Originally posted by Jynne,

" - All players using weapons on Physical Inits are exempted from the crit reduction for PvP. "

I could kiss you for coming up with that!! And I could kick myself for not thinking of it with all the ranting I've done about how MA's are so totally borked in PVP now...

Funcom, LOOK AT THIS PLEASE !!! *hopes and prays*

One more thing for the Tower Wishlist...

Isn't notum worth a considerable amount? What about actual mining capabilaties for the Control Towers !? This being money making for your Org...

Basic example... A Ql 200 Tower will dig up and refine 100,000 Cred worth of Notum a week, a day, or whatever. Something reasonable, but still a help. The money goes directely into the Org Balance as if it where a tax. Now Orgs can have money to work with without having to depend on their members to make donations.

This is just common sense to me... I know Towers give bonuses, and perhaps that's what the Notum that is mined is used for? I dunno... but I like this idea, hope others do as well...

- Daetona
    Division 9 RSGE

P.S. Jynne is short for Jynne-ious ( Genious ) !! Now come over to Omni, you know you wanna. =p
    *Cuts to the cold static of an ended Grid-feed...*

Division 9 RSGE

:applause:
    lots of good ideas
    this post should stay at the top ^_^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast