Thread: Very boring....

Unhappy Very boring....

After some reflexions i've decided to buy NW, mainly for his new feature "land control" and for the perspectives this features offer.

But unfortunatly once i've created my new char., i've seen that 70% of the players on the servers have a 120-170 lvl.
    It was very difficult to find teamates with a 0-20 lvl during the day and i was forced to play missions alone during many hours.

It know that this problems is independant of the volontary of FC but it's problematic for a player who have just began to play this new addon.

In a side when you see that player's lvl in very unbalanced in the games, you want to play a lots of times to have a chance to take part of the battle.
    But in a another side and after many hours of play, the game come to be very boring.

Now (and after 2 days of play) i really want to put NW in the trash ! but i hop that many new char will be created in the next few days to give me a chance to play in various teams and to lvl very quickly. Otherwise i'll rapidely pre-order a copy of SWG and waiting his release date.

When you exited your creche and entered the Training Grounds for your political affiliation there should have been other brand-new characters all around you. You are also automagically included in the Newbie Chat channel for your affiliation.

Have you tried being pushy and demanding a team from those folks? They're usually game since it's faster xp and safer in team.
    Chinarain
    Omni-Exploration Corps.

Yes of course, but it's still difficult to recruite during the day (time zone GMT).
    I've tried to recruite players in the training camp (as neutral 1 time and omni in a 2nd) but it's ok when you have a 0-8 lvl ... After lvl 10 you have to find players in cities and at this time it's began to be a bit more difficult, you have to launch some annoucements on the "10-20 chat" and after 1 hour your team still not full.

I think that the problem will still the same until the proportion of lvl 10-20 will not increase rapidely.

When you've a lvl 11 after 2 days and you see lvl 170 all around you in cities it's very demotivating.

Many people have noticed the same thing. Hwever, there was a recent discussion thread over whether an upcoming rule change should be allowed to favor low level chars at the expense of high level chars. In that thread, Cz said that there were far more active accounts where the highest char was low level than there were high level.

Go figure.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

I don't know about the other factions but I know for Clan lowbies, Fair trade in Tir is a good spot to find a team. I would guess the other factions have those places as well. Also, getting into a nice guild will give you some more people you might be able to team with.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Subway?

Have you tried looking for a team at the Subway? I personally haven't triedthe subway with a new character, but I've heard it's a blast.

I recently started a little alt for just the reason of playing in the subway

It is not intuitive how to go about finding a team there tho...one method i used was I did a /tell helpbot level (my level) to find out what level I could team with. Then I did /list 7 12 (if i could team with 7-12) and proceeded to send tells to anyone in my level range in the subway to see if they needed someone for their team.

I found quite a few teams that way, not full ones mind you, but 2-4 people generally and we had a blast.

Other than that, Fair trade is usually a great place to find a team. Once you get a few going, you will start to meet more people that you can just send tells to as well

Join a guild you will have 10 times as much fun and most guilds give armor, ncu, weps, and advice on how to build your char. If you wanna go solo, my best advice is find a real life friend who plays to ask for a handout so you can outfit your character. Then go to the team recruiting hot spots, you will know when you found them by the "lfg lvl?? prof??" being spammed in shout.

They're many alernatives to make a team but it's still much harder than players that have began 2 week ago.

I can see in the evening some peoples who launch requests in the 10-20 channel but due to the number of low lvl players, many of them re-request 20 minutes later.

I think this problems can be easier trusted if FC had created a lvl blocking system.
    By exemple blocking all lvling to 10 the first week and 20 the 2nd to allow new players to have the same chance to upgrade.

Actually i can only seen that many new customers get very bored after 2 days and it's not a good thinks for FC and rest of the players.

Talking lol

"When you've a lvl 11 after 2 days and you see lvl 170 all around you in cities it's very demotivating."

lol you ever taught that the 170lvl guy has played over a year??
    And not 2 days

A tips: why wait for full team???
    Me and some friends use to do team missions 2-4 peps works fine to

Also remember a 75% mission can be better xp at low lvl faster kills= more xp , rather then stand hit on mob for 5min

Ps. NW is an expansion on AO, wich has been running live for 1,5year= same server so your on same server as those from that time back D.s.
    Last edited by Sannoz; Dec 12th, 2002 at 17:40:19.
    -Sannoz Rk2 210
    -Sannoz4 Rk1 180

"Sigh well back again "

well first of all AO is not an easy game n it's hard when u'r new here but this is why i liked it n till like it.
    Playing many alt's char's, i've notice it's hard to find team until u'v reach lvl 30-50. Usually these team don't works fine cause most people are still discovering they'r char but this can be funny too ; just keep cool.
    My advice would be to find some friends that are new here too n explore this game days after days or weeks after weeks.
    one thing i'm sure is that alone u'll get bored. Ask around on how to build u'r char. It happens to me to spend some hours with a newbie n i don't think i'm the only one.

Can't really say I've seen the same picture at low lvls that you have. I usually start new chars pretty often because you get to try new things and your char is pretty flexible at low lvls. I can usually get to lvl 10+ quickly soloing, and of course, you cant get a full team on demand, but I've never had a problem of at least getting 2-3 others, and head for a mission or subway.

I do see how you can be getting bored though and feel inclined to just give up on the game because I felt the same way. Fortunately, I had several friends that were much higher lvls that were always able to give me new weapons and items to keep me interested. You could probably do the same by finding a good org to join like the others have suggested.

It took me a while to get addicted to AO, and before that, it did seem pretty boring, but once you realize that you havent even experienced half the game until you get a char 100+ or 150+, you know you always have something new to look forward too.

Finding team with lower level characters is quite hard sometimes (at least getting full team with doc). But if you ask me, if you dont get full team in reasonable time - go on mission with lesser people and even without doc or calmer. 30min shouting group or 30min little lesser xp? I'd choose xp. Also with smaller group and without calmer/doc you'll learn faster your profession weaknesses and advantages and become better player.