Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They are getting lazier by the day

They are getting lazier by the day

Servers are down

Greetings! All servers are down for a client
    patch and server maintenance. Estimated
    downtime is 6 hours.

Not only do they not tell us when the servers were taken down anymore they are taking longer and longer to patch their new and old bugs. Also they no longer bother giving us notes on the boards some days in advance. Oh you can always wade through their website and find some notes on the test server section. I guess it's to much work for them to make notes on the boards these days. I guess this is the future of FC bug patching. 30 minutes before servers go down for patching there will be a global system message that states they are going down for patching. THE END.

We don't even need to touch on the laziness of the devs and quality control people. It's blatently obvious the devs don't debug their code in advance and qc don't bother to intensly test that code before it goes live. I guess we really can't ask for much though considering we're only paying 13 bucks a month. We pay the generic price we get genaric service. Sorta like buying the no name can of green beans, ya get a lot of bean sticks in that can as opposed to the can of Dole green beans heh.

Funcom why don't ya start acting like a name brand instead of a no name.

The lack of patch notes tells me that they no longer want our input or ideas(like they ever did).This game is being moved towards the whims of the few head devs.Problems..too many to name, since day one haven't been addressed.Because it dosen't directly involve their view of the game.PVP glitches are the only priorities important to them.(hence all the nerfs)With a few huge pvm glitches that prevent normal pvm play addressed once in a while.Scrotum Wars is proof of this.This is Crap just a big load of crap.The day is coming soon when everyone will see the message on the launcher(We are sad to inform you all that we can no longer financially support this game.Anarchy will go ofline for good on such and such a date.Or maybe they won't even have the sack to even tell us,and squeeze as much cash before they screw us,it just will be gone.

Give me a break people.

There have been threads on most of these issues. The test server notes have been up.

None of this should be news to you.

Can't you find anything better to ***** about?
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Post The answer is on you screen

Notice about the patch, when it would start and how long it would take was on the AO launch screen.

I guess you would miss it if you say logged in 24/7 or don't take the time to scan what is in front of you.

Sorry but FC is not the bad guy on this one.

Umm, I might be wrong but isnt it the regular time of the week that they take servers down?

Originally posted by Detonate
    Give me a break people.

There have been threads on most of these issues. The test server notes have been up.

None of this should be news to you.

Can't you find anything better to ***** about?
    Obviously loomus you are not to fine tuned with the art of reading. I'll repeat myself just for you:
    Also they no longer bother giving us notes on the boards some days in advance. Oh you can always wade through their website and find some notes on the test server section.

I guess it's to much work for them to make notes on the boards these days.

They used to do this but are now fading away from giving us information on a medium that a great deal of the population reads. This imo equates to sheer lazieness as does the fact that they don't properly debug and qc their code. As well as the fact that they take longer and longer with bug patches now.

Well loomus I hope that clears it up for you. Just curious were you one of the children that always had to be told something several times before it sunk in?

There where notices. Most debated (PvP change) a few that I can only say w00t to (I get my WW map ) and hats (but no stetson )

Just didn't expect that tower change to go in that fast

Me and Unit99 are in the same guild. He's also in my /ignore list.

No joke.
    Last edited by Insida; Dec 11th, 2002 at 17:18:14.

LMFAO
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Fanbois united.

And like I care Insida you're 1 of the biggest crybabies nerf cryers there is. And just a little fyi you're not well precieved in the guild either.

Now you guys see why hes on the /ignore list?

If there are no patch notes on the board, it's Cz's fault, not the devs or the evil AO conspiracy that's out to get us all.

And if you read any of Cz's updates or posts on the boards, you know he is a busy man with little time on his hands, so I don't blame him for not posting. He has enough crap piled up on his table, not counting the the constant "Cz! Look at this thread and answer me now or I'll quit!" threads are always popping up on these boards.

Re: They are getting lazier by the day

Originally posted by Unit99
    Servers are down

Also they no longer bother giving us notes on the boards some days in advance. Oh you can always wade through their website and find some notes on the test server section.

ahhh... who is the real lazy one here? you, or funcom for not spoon feeding you the info?

hehe
    (Well loomus I hope that clears it up for you. Just curious were you one of the children that always had to be told something several times before it sunk in?)Pathetic.Seems you are still 1 of the children and pretty lame too.And by the way don't address me directly,you havn't earned the right, rw or on this board.

Fanbois united.
    The only thing worse than a die-hard fanboi is someone who actually thinks they'll gain some sort of integrity by crying because they weren't given a 15+ day advance notice with red sirens and oh-my-god-look-outs for a 6 hour patch that's covering more than just game bugs.

Perhaps, Unit99, you should spend less time complaining and more time reading up on the patch itself. Perhaps you should stop speculating on how lazy you think the developers of a game that's successful, stable, AND fun to play are based solely on your irrational opinion on exactly what might go on during a 6 hour period in a location you've never been to by people you've never met doing things you know approximately zilch about.

Then again, it's purely speculation on my part that you'd even soak in something like that without rubber-banding back to something extremely witty like "y00z R a fanboi and j00 suxx0rs". So I digress.

Complain on, Unit. Complain on.

(/2cents)
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Hey, I'm not complaining! I don't warp around anymore!

/me adjusts her glasses, looks in a Reet's mirror

I am a happy moose now

...or not. Schwink, I just flew to the entrance of rompa's from the bar.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

I used to have Unit99 on ignore but his whines and idiocy are too damn entertaining.
    Keep your signature to an absolute maximum of 8-10 lines, normal text size, and don’t overdo the colors and smileys. This is to prevent signatures from taking the focus away from the posts / threads. Extreme signatures will be deleted.

Originally posted by MissMaul
    Hey, I'm not complaining! I don't warp around anymore!

/me adjusts her glasses, looks in a Reet's mirror

I am a happy moose now

...or not. Schwink, I just flew to the entrance of rompa's from the bar.
    Adventurers have a Moose Morph now?

Unit.
    Its called, IRC, its called Login Screen, its called the wednesday maintenence shift.

Jees you have to wonder sometimes, I myself do play a hell of alot of ao but, if theres a patch or maintenence, i dont whine, im glad they at least TRY to keep the things up a running instead of letting them ...explode :P

As far as emergency patches go, thankgod it only takes 30mins or so to do it, im sure older games took much longer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast