Thread: Such a shame 8(

Such a shame 8(

So much to say, so little time.

- I like the way FC is going with group pvp.
    Until now pvp titles were the rough equivalent to how much of a @$$ u were (some exceptions.. not many). Now, all those "Supersolids" that had no problem with claiming a victory by killing everything and anything that was weaker (or limping away from a fight they had won) than themselves.... are irrelavant. The more enemies they made the faster they will die, and lose their precious titles.. boo hoo.

- I still don't understand what the point is though. Why do we kill their towers? People lose their towers they just make new ones.
    I bet ppl like Skulldawg can afford to fill ALL the sites with towers if they were allowed.

- Most importantly... The lag ruins everything. I know my system isn't the best, but it's better than the two RL ppl I know that play, and if FC is only catering to the high end systems, that's like starting up a hotdog stand that only serves cavier. Fact... when I enter a combat area, I can't sit, I can't cast nanos and I can't jump = I can't play.

Conclusion: The idea has potential, they are moving in a positive direction, but.. it's broken.

Its just something to keep the high level players (that have nothing left to do in the game) busy..

THats all, really.
    Hangtown
    -I can't find my pants
    -The Slowest MA in Tir
    -Wise Sage to All Noobs
    -Soothsayer to the Incompetent
    -All Around Nice Guy
    -Killing Guards Is Good For the Soul!
    -Like Whoa!

Originally posted by Kenlon
    Level limits make baby Jesus cry.

Re: Such a shame 8(

Originally posted by Tremalking
    ..- Most importantly... The lag ruins everything....... when I enter a combat area, I can't sit, I can't cast nanos and I can't jump = I can't play.

Conclusion: The idea has potential, they are moving in a positive direction, but.. it's broken.
    Welcome to NW.

Originally posted by Hangtown
    Its just something to keep the high level players (that have nothing left to do in the game) busy..

THats all, really.
    YEP, when you can't come up with ideas for new content, come up with ways to get folks to shoot at each other. At least then they aren't griping about what a boring game you actually made

actually, NW is the only thing i've seen in AO thats actually put the conflict of the whole "storyline" into the game. there is actually fighting going on between the factions. before this.... well... i never really saw any pvp action except for ganking or arena duels.

as for the game only catering to those with high-end systems.. uhh.. how to put this nicely.. "Welcome to the world of PC Games!" pc game developers do not, and could care less about the lower common denomonators. i have a 1ghz tbird w/ 384meg ram and gf2 ti 64meg ddr... AO runs decently but it runs heck of a lot better on my high-end system for obvious reasons. as for the whole hotdog stand comparision.. uhm.. i dont understand where you're going at with it. if they decided to sell high-quality foods, thats their choice. you are not forced to buy from them. such as with AO, you're not required, or forced to play it. if you want to play a PC game, you must meet their requirements or its tough luck.

i've only been in one or two (outa 10 or so) tower battles that i had noticable lag on my 1ghz system, it was too difficult to tell if it were network or hard drive lag, possibly just a combination of both. but i've had pretty good experiences with the battles and enjoy them very much.

Also, tower battles is not just for the high-level people. thoes of us in the low mid range.. 40-90 are very active in tower battles, as alot of towers are QL50. we have alot of fun with them, and enjoy the break from missions.

to each is their own... go on.. dont listen to me.. it makes me laugh.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

What reason is there to fight...

Well I guess the main reason is to have FUN!!
    Geez I never understand why people think they need some reward or something to actually do something in MMO's. Maybe it stems from the leveling mentality we all get - work on building your character for hours a day so that you have a nice finished product in the end. So we are all looking for that end reward of having a great character. But everyone seems to forget about haveing FUN. Grinding it out is not all there is to AO.

There is so many things you can do if you dont constantly focus on level, level, level. Go explore a bit, hang out in the reet retreat and try and learn some new dance moves (believe me i was a skeptic till i tried it, it really turned out to be a heck of alot of fun), and now you can go do team based pvp.

This is the funest thing of all. Absolutely fantastic. Sad that they had to add something new to the game for people to discover what was available the entire time this game has been out. I bought AO envisioning the battles that are finnally hapening now. Unfortunitly, untill now whenever I mentioned anything about team based or an entire guild vs. another guild the only reply I got was "why man we dont get any titiles for team pvp"

Well it's simple. IT'S FUN!! Can't speak for anyone else but that is why I play games: to have fun. I need not gain some title on my char that only states how much I can twink it. Big deal anyone can do that. My char is better the yours blah blah blah. Wow let me bow down to your magnificent talent.

Now team based adds a whole new element. STRATAGY. Use roots to hold the melee of your doc, kill the nukers first (they die fast and do alot of damage if you dont kill them fast)... Anyway you get the point. It's not about how twinked your char is now, it's about how well you play it.

Sorry this has gotten a little off topic. I hope I gave you a couple good reasons to enjoy the game you pay for much more fully. Take advantage of all it has to offer. Everyone will hit lvl 200 eventually, but not everyone remembers to enjoy the ride along the way.