Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NW advantages - where are they?

NW advantages - where are they?

Ok i happen to control an area, happens to be low ql, i installed an org advantage and i get +3 to my stamina and body dev!

WHOOPY FREAKIN DOO!

since the entire game's population gets the XP bonus, which i'm not too opposed to, where is the advantes that are supposed to come with the NW and having an area?

right now the only thing that controlling an area is doing for me is burning a hole in my pockets to pay for defences, and requireing me to babysit the area 5 hours every day so i dont get ganked by clans, neuts AND OMNIS.

So where are these so-called advantages that i'm supposed to get for not only shelling out th r $20 for the game, but i have to spend all of this time and effort to keep my area FOR NO APPARENT REASON OTHER THAN TO SATISFY MY OWN EGO. and that ego trip fades away more and more every day.

here is a suggestion, we're mining NOTUM right? the most valuable resource in the galaxy? why cant the org bank be credited for shipments of notum??!?!?! even have the money spread out through members depending on thier rank? that would be nice! i'm always broke!

(the fact that basically every other guild in the game is out to get me now is kinda disturbing, you would think that i should only have to worry about the clans. we where already threatened by several omni orgs, and i find that plain stupid! i cant even rally support for defence, because other omni guilds i know refuse to attack omnis in ANY case!)
    www.fixergrid.com - Luciana's Fixer Guide

Ok, I give up. F1x3Rz R |337!!!!
    Luciana - Level 141 Fixer
    Lohr - Level 50 Enforcer

"<Dai-Galean> Lohr you will get used to SilkeX he is a perminant part of the irc like a bad piece of code hehehe" - From irc.funcom.com #anarchyonline

I agree that the advantages seem rather negligible compared to the cost and work to get them.

Maybe they can put the nerf stick in reverse and smack those advantages around a bit...

And getting credits for notum mined makes sense. Not a large amount of cash, but a steady trickle that pays for at least a small part of the investment and adds incentive to take and hold land.
    Last edited by Seid; Dec 11th, 2002 at 15:20:50.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

I feel your pain Luci... and I'll gladly stand by your side if you fear you will be attacked someday..
    -------------------------------------
    Zerpentor lvl 213 Enforcer
    Lequack lvl 201 MP
    Ziele lvl 180 Soldier

sorry LQ, your too high level :P our tower is like level 21 :P

yes i agree, some money for notum is a great idea, even if it is nothing more than a TRICKLE.

seeing as how its the most valuable thing in the universe, you'd think we'd be able to get money for it.

HERES A GOOD RP ADD-IN:
    Make the towers produce and store shipments of notum, they are of a certain ql, the ql of the tower, the org leader or a high ranking player, can access the tower, remove the shipments one by one and sell them at the appropriate notum vendor, where the guild bank is creddited for the shipments, however, you become flagged to pvp when you grab a shipment!

NOTUM SHIPPING RAIDS!
    this way you could participate in NW as a PIRATE organization, you wouldent need to control land!

FC, dont ya wish you had me on your dev team 6 months ago to tell ya about this one?

Lohr - Level 50 Enforcer

"<Dai-Galean> Lohr you will get used to SilkeX he is a perminant part of the irc like a bad piece of code hehehe" - From irc.funcom.com #anarchyonline

btw LQ, ever thought of a career in the Dark Angels

we could really use you

Lohr - Level 50 Enforcer

maybe I misread you intentions, but:

I own notum wars and have a few towers.... here are what you can get from notum wars and QL200 towers:

+750 hit points anywhere and everywhere
    +750 Nano Pool
    +30 to all ranged skills including multiranged, multimelee and specials
    +25 to two nano skills
    +30 to all melee skills
    +60 add all defense
    +600 to AC's

All I can say that since at lvl 150, you can pick 3 of these items and after lvl 100 you can pick 2 and at lvl 200 you can pick 4 of them, it seems that there are tremendous advantages in notum wars. I personally can;t see why anyone would play without it.

+750 hit points
    +25 to BioMet/MatterMet skills

now imagine that on a lvl 112 doc... runs around with 5300 hit points self buffed and can cast real nice heals.

Thoughtless...those advantages come from having towers, not from the org advantages bought and put in /org contract right ?

Towers do add nice bonuses indeed for the owners but we are talking about org wide advantages
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

And on the third hand, to actually benefit from any of these bonuses - org-wide or from your own towers - you actually have to be able to play.

As it is, since notifications are broken and towers are vulnerable for 6 hours every day, I have yet to benefit from my personal bonuses or the side exp bonus. Because I never get a chance to go out and do missions or hunt.

It'd be nice if the vulnerability window were designed in such a way as to let me do more than eat, sleep, work, and camp out at my towers.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Luciana, I'm with you on the "Notum mining should give the org cash" subject. It only makes sense for there to be monetary compensation for mining the singlemost precious and rare commodity in the universe!

I especially like the bit about taking the notum to vendors for purchasing. The pirate idea intrigues me! And it sounds like fun. Too much of the entire ordeal of figuring out the tower crap has turned into -- well, an ordeal. Your ideas and concerns at least address some of the problems I see with NW (outside of lag and border camping).

Bah... all I meant to say was *bump!*
    Chinarain
    Omni-Exploration Corps.

Batteries Not Included

Just like Thoughtless stated, there are great advantages for everybody in your org in owning a complex of towers. The tools and materials are provided by NW. Your org just has to keeping building up it's strength and when you're ready, conquer a bigger parcel of land so you can plant a higher level controller and support towers. Don't expect a wimpy QL tower to do much for you and your org. Just look at the numbers that Thoughtless posted.

Originally posted by Thoughtless
    maybe I misread you intentions, but:

I own notum wars and have a few towers.... here are what you can get from notum wars and QL200 towers:

+750 hit points anywhere and everywhere
    +750 Nano Pool
    +30 to all ranged skills including multiranged, multimelee and specials
    +25 to two nano skills
    +30 to all melee skills
    +60 add all defense
    +600 to AC's

All I can say that since at lvl 150, you can pick 3 of these items and after lvl 100 you can pick 2 and at lvl 200 you can pick 4 of them, it seems that there are tremendous advantages in notum wars. I personally can;t see why anyone would play without it.

+750 hit points
    +25 to BioMet/MatterMet skills

now imagine that on a lvl 112 doc... runs around with 5300 hit points self buffed and can cast real nice heals.
    ok your little speach is totally irrelevant, THERE ARE NOT THAT MANY QL200 TOWERS AVAILABLE. there are only a few, and they are held by guilds that are MUCH higher level and MUCH larger than us, they have the time, manpower and resources to build and defend multiple high-level towers, WE DON'T.

Sorry, but not all of us have huge, uber guilds that are capably of camping and defending thier towers 24/7 with high level people. at this time we're struggling to make sure there are defenders on for ONE tower, we just merged with another guild and might pick up a second tower, but i dont forsee this being easy for us.

most of the spots i've seen are below ql50. my org just isnt big enough to compete with those orgs that have ql200 towers anyhow, most of the people in my org are level 80-120. and we have no one over 130 at this time.

with my wimpy ql21 tower i get like literally 3 points to my body dev and 3 points to my stamina. thats not much when my main is level 116!

from what i understand, most medium-sized guilds out there have ql50 or lower towers, the advantages for these towers, plain and simple, SUCK.

not to mention the buffing towers arent available at ql21, they just dont exist. we have to camp the shops and wait for ql 15-25 towers to pop up, we've only ever found 2 towers in a week.

Lohr - Level 50 Enforcer

thank you for your generous offer Luci and I assure you that IF I ever change guild again then you might just get me to join you..

But my loyalty lies with the Band of Brothers and Aria and I don't see myself being anywhere else at the moment =)
    -------------------------------------
    Zerpentor lvl 213 Enforcer
    Lequack lvl 201 MP
    Ziele lvl 180 Soldier

Quote from the back of the Notum Wars Disk Box......

"In a modern gold-rush of magnificent proportions, wealth, power, and influence are up for grabs as the lives of the colonists are permanently altered by the Notum Wars."

WEALTH? where? I agree completely, we should as orgs get payed for the notum that comes outta those towers. It is not worth it unless you can spread the wealth among fellow guildies.

POWER? where? The xp bonus is a bit too small for my liking. Not a lot, just a little too small. I would personally like a bit more. When you kill a mob for 2,800 xp and recieve a whopping 200 xtra xp, you think "wow. Some day that 200 will add up and make a difference" It never does since the level xp gets higher n higher.

INFLUENCE? Now, maybe they should not only give out money and more xp and skill bonuses, but i think they should give FURTHER advantages to the guilds that gain the most towers.
    Say, only within their side tho. Im not sure what. I just recon it would give a bit of fame to the one's that are winning the battles for their side.
    Maybe a "top 10 factions" for omni and "top 10 ruthless power hungry clans" for clanners. (and a "wow, they have one" chart for neutrals) lol (j/k)

I agree, the amount of time and effort put into towers are heavily outweighed by the megre advantages those towers dish out.

Please help us Cz, put it across to the guys in charge!
    If ya can get away with it, try it.
    If ya cant get away with it, try it anyway }:-)

Publish or Perish

Originally posted by Luciana
    i've seen are below ql50. my org just isnt big enough to compete with those orgs that have ql200 towers anyhow, most of the people in my org are level 80-120. and we have no one over 130 at this time.with my wimpy ql21 tower i get like literally 3 points to my body dev and 3 points to my stamina. thats not much when my main is level 116!
    Why are you setting such a nasty tone to Thoughtless's post? It's not irrelevant at all. In fact it's 100% relevant . If you want better, then you have to work hard for it. Maybe ditch your current land and set your org's goals in taking over a piece of land where you can put up a QL100 Controller and some decent guardian & turrets. If you're not satisified with your current land situation, start rallying support to conquer. Don't get pigeonholed.

I agree that a modest amount of credits should be funded to the guild bank. I also think as Jynne and many others mentioned, that we are so worried about defending our controllers that we have little time to use said advantages and XP bonuses. Perhaps a shorter "vulnerable" window would greatly aleviate that.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Well golly gee Mr. Wizard!

Maybe it was just my Trader's Eye but...I've been asking this obvious question for the LONGEST time!!!

What is my return on invested capital? So far...NOTHING. I'm in the red on NW wars in RL $s, RK time and credits.

I check my side exp bonus every time I log in to see if it's yet become large enough to offeset the time I DON'T spend getting exp.

Hmm...guess what? ANY % of ZERO exp is still....*drum roll* ZERO!

Oh, btw Luciana...join Whisper's Edge in a non-agression pact. And get involved with the proposed cross-factioin Rubi-ka Mining Cooperative. At least this way you'll know who is NOT your enemy...be they Clan, Neutral or Omni. Go to the WE gridsite at www.whispers-edge.com and look under the public forum Rubika Mining Cooperative to learn more.
    Last edited by Nelida; Dec 11th, 2002 at 20:00:34.

OK for anyone who doesn't have time to read the whole post I'll summarize

Luciana: Towers suck, they don't do anything for us.

Thoughtless (who was actually quite thoughtful): Actually if you get towers of the appropriate level for your guild they rock... gives examples and proof

Luciana: STFU your little speech is totally irrelevant!!! QL21 towers should make Level 80 to 120 players uber. It's Funcoms fault that my guild sucks and we can't put up a tower our level. I don't want to put up a QL100 tower that my guild could actually defend. Notum Wars is BROKEN!!! A tower 100 levels below you should put you in God mode. P.S. Plz join my crappy guild with a wimpy QL21 controller that does nothing, but should be uber.

Zerpentor: umm, thanks, but I think I'll pass (there's a surprise)
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

lol...and unbiased summary...NOT

Originally posted by Thromp
    OK for anyone who doesn't have time to read the whole post I'll summarize

Luciana: Towers suck, they don't do anything for us.

Thoughtless (who was actually quite thoughtful): Actually if you get towers of the appropriate level for your guild they rock... gives examples and proof

Luciana: STFU your little speech is totally irrelevant!!! QL21 towers should make Level 80 to 120 players uber. It's Funcoms fault that my guild sucks and we can't put up a tower our level. I don't want to put up a QL100 tower that my guild could actually defend. Notum Wars is BROKEN!!! A tower 100 levels below you should put you in God mode. P.S. Plz join my crappy guild with a wimpy QL21 controller that does nothing, but should be uber.

Zerpentor: umm, thanks, but I think I'll pass (there's a surprise)

2 things...

1) THESE TOWERS ARE A MONEY SINK!!!!
    If you gain money from having towers then one of the major points of their existence (from FC's point of view) is gone.

2) why do ql 21 towers exist? I agree that the notum wars should not be a high level patch, but anyone who hasn't leveled past 21 does not understand the game enough to need a tower. Truthfully there should be no land control areas lower than ql 50, and most should be ql 75+.

per point #1...

yes, you are correct...so I ask once again: What is the return on invested capital for building towers?

Originally posted by Zoltah
    2 things...

1) THESE TOWERS ARE A MONEY SINK!!!!
    If you gain money from having towers then one of the major points of their existence (from FC's point of view) is gone.

2) why do ql 21 towers exist? I agree that the notum wars should not be a high level patch, but anyone who hasn't leveled past 21 does not understand the game enough to need a tower. Truthfully there should be no land control areas lower than ql 50, and most should be ql 75+.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast