Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NW advantages - where are they?

Thromp, zerpentor is an old, good friend of mine, our little exchange had nothing to do with NW actually :P he's just an really awsome friend is all.

anyhow, i'm sorry but i never said my guild sucked, we're awsome, we're a medium sized group of realyl active, caring, generous members. the way Omni-Inquisition used to be. we dotn suck, jsut i dont think that my guild should be punished for being small and low level. there arent enough high ql spots available for us to take and keep one for very long at all.

too many guilds want those spots, ther larger more powerful guilds that we have no means to contend with.

he gave examples and proof, but the evidence was if you had ql200 towers. well sorry but i dont, and probobly wont ever have that ql for my guild.

we're sorting through a merger now and may pick up a ql50 tower or somthing, but not sure.

anyhow, i never said i wanted to be uber fomr a ql21 tower, i wonder where you saw that in my posts?

i just want some decent advantages that parrallel to the ammount of effort we put into getting that tower. we made a coordinated strike on a neutral tower, only to find that they where part of an omni alliance and got threatened by several other guilds on our side. we have to be careful now and watch our backs for raides, we have to be on our toes.

we sank alot of time and money into our wimpy ql21 tower and so far we've only gotten paranoia and a lack of funds. so yes, notum wars is broken!
    www.fixergrid.com - Luciana's Fixer Guide

Ok, I give up. F1x3Rz R |337!!!!
    Luciana - Level 141 Fixer
    Lohr - Level 50 Enforcer

"<Dai-Galean> Lohr you will get used to SilkeX he is a perminant part of the irc like a bad piece of code hehehe" - From irc.funcom.com #anarchyonline

This may sound a little harsh. It is not personal just facts. You like to have a small guild I am happy for you small guilds rock. For major advantages in NW however you need 5 bases in all the available ql's. Yes that means you have to defend them also. If your guild can't do it then join a larger guild or form alliances with other small guilds. I am also tired of hearing about uber big guilds with this and that, you know what they worked for it. When our guild was forming we hated (envy) apoc, redemption, storm, and forsaken. Once we got numbers and levels up and teamed with them often we realized that they were just like us. Trying to survive here with family and friends. Either get your family in here make some friends, form alliances, join a bigger guild or face facts and deal with crappy bonuses.

ps. is your guild a guild of one?

Red face Thromps just so good....

Original Quote:
    OK for anyone who doesn't have time to read the whole post I'll summarize

Luciana: Towers suck, they don't do anything for us.

Thoughtless (who was actually quite thoughtful): Actually if you get towers of the appropriate level for your guild they rock... gives examples and proof

Luciana: STFU your little speech is totally irrelevant!!! QL21 towers should make Level 80 to 120 players uber. It's Funcoms fault that my guild sucks and we can't put up a tower our level. I don't want to put up a QL100 tower that my guild could actually defend. Notum Wars is BROKEN!!! A tower 100 levels below you should put you in God mode. P.S. Plz join my crappy guild with a wimpy QL21 controller that does nothing, but should be uber.

Zerpentor: umm, thanks, but I think I'll pass (there's a surprise)
    End of quote:

Thromp, you obviously are a 13 year old CS player with too much time on you hands to understand, that some guilds out there dont aim to be uber but do expect to get their moneys worth. Where your little "Speech is entirly useless." Its post replies like yours i rely on other means on communication on anarchy. Let me here everyone say they feel great for paying for a Patch with a CDKEY. Keep in mind that ql21 controll towers are all that some can get, and since you think thats so wimpy why not ask hydra why they have a ql40ish controller in Lush? Ohh thats just uber in your terms also isnt it?

Originally posted by Thoughtless
    maybe I misread you intentions, but:

it seems that there are tremendous advantages in notum wars. I personally can;t see why anyone would play without it.

Granted the advantages are nice, but what is the most valuable commodity in the game? The answer is...

Time,

and NW eats a ton of that in activities that can't even be considered remotely fun until the bugs and exploits are fixed, people adopt more sportsmanlike play, and technology improves generally. I truly don't think it's worth it because it has cost me 10-20 hours of time since it came out and I can self cast a notch higher level nano. Had I spent the time levelling instead of futzing with NW, I would have been able to cast the spell anyway.
    Last edited by Jutlina; Dec 31st, 2002 at 18:45:31.

Re: Batteries Not Included

Originally posted by zugs
    Just like Thoughtless stated, there are great advantages for everybody in your org in owning a complex of towers. The tools and materials are provided by NW. Your org just has to keeping building up it's strength and when you're ready, conquer a bigger parcel of land so you can plant a higher level controller and support towers. Don't expect a wimpy QL tower to do much for you and your org. Just look at the numbers that Thoughtless posted.
    Of course... the vulnerability of high ql bases is significantly higher because there are so few of them. Thus, the defense responsibilities already stated as being an issue become more so. Those high level tower bonuses are a big benefit, true enough.... but unless you're a part of a large org with plenty of people in the right level range who have NW... those advantages come at great cost... and you tend not to be able to keep them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12