Thread: Will Shadowland shipping be bugged to.

Will Shadowland shipping be bugged to.

Just want to ask Cz if the expansion (or what ever the aproppiate name is) Shadowland will be will be launched with different release date, depending on where in the world you are.

And if it is, will USA then get the game last this time, or must Europa have to wait 1-2 weeks again untill we can get our hands on it ?.

No what i actually want know, have Funcom learned anything from the release of Notum Wars, and will take some actions to improve the release ?
    Minister Randal Moscadelli
    Callsign: Kryos
    Office closed down, for an unknown time

Even if you used a crystal ball...you wouldnt be able to see that far into the future..

Originally posted by Tium
    Even if you used a crystal ball...you wouldnt be able to see that far into the future..
    Perhaps, but what i can se is if Funcom will take any actions to avoid a release dissaster like the Notum Wars, thats all i ask for.

Originally posted by Kryos

Perhaps, but what i can se is if Funcom will take any actions to avoid a release dissaster like the Notum Wars, thats all i ask for.
    Unfortunately, implied in your question is the notion that Funcom saw the release as a disaster. A few of the more vocal users saw it as a disaster, but Funcom has a very different point of view.

They sent the game to the distributors, and the distributors got it out as fast as they could, given individual country laws and customs. That hurt some players feelings as they wanted to be the first on the block with the new toys, but it didn't cause Funcom any real bottom line issues.

Unless enough people canceled their accounts to make up for the new revenue from the sales of the game, Funcom wins. Bottom line. I suspect that not nearly enough people canceled their accounts to make this a problem for FC.

So again, the implication that the release was a disaster is subjective, and it isn't clear Funcom would classify it as such. At the end of the fiscal quarter, if sales were good and they got some more subscribers, it is what most businesses put in the "success" folder.

We will of course try to make sure that everybody are able to get the expansion on the release date. What happened this time around was very unfortunate, and we're already looking into what went wrong, and how it can be avoided next time.

Originally posted by Cz
    and we're already looking into what went wrong, and how it can be avoided next time.
    Ship it more than one week before launch. That should help

Originally posted by Cz
    We will of course try to make sure that everybody are able to get the expansion on the release date. What happened this time around was very unfortunate, and we're already looking into what went wrong, and how it can be avoided next time.
    Thx that was all i needed to know. I just wanted a little confermation that you had seen it as a problem, and now i got the confermation. Thx

I just hope if i pre-order it this time i will not have to wait until after the release date to get it.
    svendor lvl 206 nt
    Eternal fury
    LORD oF THE CLAW CAMP.

your looking into what went wrong ?
    very funny , just ask any european player what went wrong
    and dont try to kiss all ***** in the former english colonies in the future.
    You should have learned from beta that they whine in any case no matter what happens.

First time since beta 2 i am realy annoyed about the game.
    As networktechnician i know what can happen doing a project like AO so "normal" difficulties dont make me cry and sit in wet panties like the highschool-crybabies asking for daddies lawyer.
    But this was a simple management fault which could be avoided with just starting brain befor work.
    A very unpleased
    Player who still dreams about a roleplaying game.

What, the fact that their European printer took longer to print than their American printer?

Euro players are pissed at FC over something out of their control. They didn't try to make Euros get the game later. They tried for simultaneous release everywhere - more than Microsoft tried for with AC2.

But no, you'd rather just whine that "FC hates all of us Euro players! WAAAAAH!"

Get over yourself.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.