Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lower vehicle price!

lower vehicle price!

in the next patch i would like to see the price go way down for the vehicles its way to high and nobody has that kinda of money to buy one its to dang expensive at least make them in the hundreds. this should be a must have for the next patch.

LOL obviously you dont have any high lvl characters

vehicle prices are fine otherwise all newbs will be sporting the new vehicles and making them have no point
    Former Pres of Damage INC
    Former Veteran of Synergy Factor
    Current member of Nemesis
    RK2 Active
    Mrmeyyaggi 201 ma, Siryaggi 172 keeper, Dochalday 59doc

RK1 (not active)
    Neoyaggi 33 trader, Mrmeyaggi 197ma, Docholidah 145 doc, Gooliath 139enf, Omnikillla 124agent, Drachenfire 83 adv, Yaggi 50 GA2 fixer

there not fine!

no they are not fine! there way to freakin high and so what if new people would be sporting them crap, i woul dif i had one
    they really need to lower the price on it like i said this is a must have in the next patch lower all vehicles prices!

yalm price is ok... do u think u can buy a plane at 5million now ? no

But new yalms... it is just for ppl who add a tone of luck for win 2times a body dragon at T. and sell it

Cuz btw if i had 500mill, i think i ll don t use it in a useless big fat yalm like that...

that price for a stiletto... it is like selling an omni leet doll at 50million imo
    Vaultcitizen ADV 190. Teh pistol gimpness
    Catspawgirl NT 171. Pnh/Ior Dispenser
    Mareva Fix 167. GSF, Hot and fix grid Dispenser
    Canigou MP 135. CI Dispenser
    Pipboy2001 MA 80ish in gamboling doing /fblock.

Rubi-Ka 1

allways /tell Vaultcitizen

The vehicles and spesially the new ones are mostly eye candy and a mony sink.

So i say keep the prices high, it wil help fighting the crazy inflation we got this days..
    Char list:
    Discont 200 trader,
    Geiringe 184 MA,
    Tykkskalle 114 Enf,
    Vidsyn 114 NT
    Rightfirst 77 MA
    Lifegiwer 74 Doc,
    Quickdraw 60 Soldier

makem low

nope make em low! make all vehicles low price!

Well Nate, you're gonna have to come up with a better reason than no reason at all.

I don't know of any experienced player that really cares that the price of Yalmahas is 5Mill or so. Yalmahas only really become important at higher levels anyway when you've got to go to places where you'd be slaughtered instantly if you went there on foot.

At lower levels, sure it takes a bit of time to get from one place to another, but I haven't found it to be a big issue (and I've been all over Clon**** and Andromeda on foot as a level 30+).

If speed is a big deal for you, get missions that are accessible on foot (whompah and grid), which even at level 100+ is still quite doable.

Re: lower vehicle price!

Originally posted by NateMan900
    in the next patch i would like to see the price go way down for the vehicles its way to high and nobody has that kinda of money to buy one its to dang expensive at least make them in the hundreds. this should be a must have for the next patch.
    Now I would be the first to say that prices on certain items is WAY to friggin high... but as far as vehicles are concerned.... They are reasonable.... as stated earlier.... walk and run like every other lowbee.... we all did it.... by the time you reach lvl 100 you should be making mad loot. So.... I don't thionk FC is going to lower proces on Vehicles..... get a Kodiak.... A QL 30 Yalm is like 4.5+Mil dep on your complit is at the time.... SAVE!!! and have fun.....

Wraith re-read Nates posts, he does give a reason, its cause he wants one therefore the prices should drop, so now we all have to change the game for him.

Suggestion: Go out and make money, for a first char a yalm is easily saved up for by level 80ish at the latest, dont keep spending ya money on things ya dont need, concentrate on one char and start saving.

Jagdtyger

Prices are fine.

New yalm prices are fine, it's a good money sink.

Nate, your personal agenda is irrelevant when compared to global economy.

Besides, saying "nobody has that kinda money" is weak.

Unhappy The new yalms are way overpriced!

I dont know about you guys, but i would never EVER be able to afford one of the new yalms.. They are like 30mill+++

I have 2 high level characters and 2 a little bit lower that i play often and most i have ever had in bank is like 15mill or so..

The paople that can afford the new yalms are either very lucky that loots something unique and sells it to someone with Ebay money - OR they go to the ebay website themselves and buy credits to get the yalm..

I agree that its a good money sink, but for us that dont have 30-500 mill in bank cant even dream of getting one..

At least make the yalms 15-30mill range, then it could maybe be possible....

Money really isn't that difficult to gain ingame.
    I'm currently Level 152, this is the only character I really have time to play, I've got no other characters anywhere near this level.
    I currently have about 120mill in the bank, this is all from mission, boss & mob loot.
    I've not found anything unique, I've not found anything that people are willing to pay millions for.
    The missions I do now are for XP reward and not cash, so this 120mill has simply been gained during normal gameplay.

I feel that the argument "Lower the prices of vehicles because I want one but cannot afford one" is a little weak.
    If the original poster could tell us how lowering the price of all vehicles by a quite considerable amount wont effect economy elsewhere or any other "money related" issues I'm sure we'd all be happy to hear them.

Neutroxia, you are running many alt chars thats why your having a hard time with money, if ya stick to one char soley for a bit you find the money starts stacking up fast. With my ADV main I easily built up 60 mil by level 100, already had a yalm and I woulda had alot more if I wasnt giving money away all the time to noobs. When my main hit level 170 I made an alt and sunk about 40mil into it on implants nanos you name it, Alts are a huge money sink, but it can be easy to re-build your money if ya stick to one char for a bit.

Jagdtyger

This can be classified as the classic whine!

Nothing prevents you from getting a Yalhama but time and effort. I realize the concept of delayed gratification is alien to most of you, but herein lies the satisfaction.

My first character spent 89 levels in kodiaks and such traveling from Bliss to distant Varmint Woods, with the only intervening Whompa being from Old Athen to Newland City. This means a 25 minute travel time. Yes, almost a half hour to get to a sub-50 level mission.

Sometimes I got eaten, sometimes I made it. 89 solo levels of this is a long time. Hell, level 19 missions were out in Wailing Wastes and no whompa existed back then.

The point is this, when I finally entered the shop with my 5 million and found a Yalhama in my price range, I was elated. This is still my high point in the game since start of July 01.

Ah, the bittersweetness of a distant goal and the extacy of achievement.

I laughed my butt off yesterday at the lemmings* clamoring around this hat salesman in Mort. Wee, hats, beautiful hats! Later I returned to see everyone wearing the same hat, others still crying for theirs, someone was petitioning because some bad man killed the hat guy.

"Now that is just disruptive gameplay!" Followed by exchanges of F-- You" and such.

This hat fad will last about a week, then you all will want something new. No rarity, no value.

Value lies in either rarity, extreme skill, or extreme effort.

So shut your crying little adolescent mouth and learn about effort. Sheesh, you are just pathetic.

Lemmings- to control overpopulation, these furry little animals run enmass off a cliff to perish in the surging ocean below.

Red is getting soft.
    Last edited by hobbes; Dec 13th, 2002 at 03:22:35.
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

I think the costs are ok because high level characters often have lots of money. What they dont have is IP. I doubt that I will have enough IP at high levels, even though I have an advent, to equip the really uber special yalms.

Lower the IP requirment for the Yalms please
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Re: lower vehicle price!

Originally posted by NateMan900
    why yes they do...

They were Leaders of a guild, they add cash, take cash, add cash, take cash till they feel fit

Those people have the money

but on a serious note

IM BROKE!

And those Prices are way to much..

Also before painting your yalm, if you do desire to do so..

MAKE sure you buy the right paint and have the right yalm...

I screwed myself out of 10 mil that way, no petition will not help, YOU bought it!!!

Aye it hurts when you spend 10mill on some paint you can't use.
    In Funcom's defence it does say exactly which Yalmaha each paint can be used on - but even I spent 10 minutes before purchasing to make sure I'd bought the right one for my original Yalm, just to be sure.

Gotta love how people whine when FC gives us something we've been asking for for a long time now. . .

*passes out cheese to certain people*
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Bad idea

NateMan, while I fully understand why you want a Yalm, but your own apparent reluctance to learn how to make money and rather have Funcom cater to your laziness (tirivializing the efforts of the rest of the players who worked hard for that cash), makes me a little sick :/ If you truly believe making money to buy a regular Yalmaha is impossible for you, maybe you should talk to some players who 'made it' and can offer advice. The new Yalms are intended to be money sinks for people with excessive amounts of cash to spare, and thus are not relevant to this discussion. The regular, white Yalms will take you anywhere the new ones can. The Kodaiks, Hydro Vehicles and Mids are all ridiculously cheap in comparison to Yalms, btw.

I would recommend that you pay attention to how the game economy works, and try providing the market with items and services that are in demand - Rubi-ka has a market economy afterall, where supply and demand decides the price. To illustrate my point, my latest alt made 8 mill before lvl 16, only took a couple of weeks of mission blitzing and marketing my wares to the right players
    Last edited by Bothead; Dec 13th, 2002 at 13:26:25.
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast