Thread: Mildly anoyed

Mildly anoyed

Finaly, NW comes to town :-) I ran down to town and bought it at once. Then I head back, install it, and sit down for a few hours of fun. Well, things didn't quite go as planned, because I must have missed some "special rules" of some kind.
    First, I travel out to our only base. It was only lvl 100 controller I think. It did support qlvl 150 "turrets" tho, so I bought 3 of those. I'm a 189 enf btw. Went out there, but couldn't place them. Reason was that the "green area" had gone away. I sent a petition, an ark showed up and said the whole thing was abit weird. Then a GM popped up and told me to fill out a bug-report.
    Oh well, I went back and forth between town and base a few times, when I suddenly realized the base was under attack.
    Question1 : Why don't we get any warnings when the base is under attack?

Anyway, me being a brave Enf, I charged in to defend. But, the guys attacking were too low , so I have to stand there watching them shoot our only base to ruins. Luckily, a huge amount of higher level clanners showed up to "help", so we got action allright.
    Question2: How am I to defend my base against lvl 130s attacking?

Now is the part that gets somewhat anoying. I charged a lvl 190 Enf, taking him abit by surprise, because he was falling fast. At 10% he got Complete healed, so I rage, challenge + Fob and bring him down to 10% again... another CH. Repeat 1 more time. Ch. Then I were down to 50%, so I thought I'd teach that doc a lesson (he was standing just behind my original target). Ups, he is lvl 135, so I can't attack him.
    Question3: Is this right, balanced and fair?

Sidenote: when I ran I got namecallings after me. I mean, what is that about?

To cut the story shorter, our base was destroyed, and the clanners were celebrating. The zone was 100%, so they were safe. 2 Hours later, me and 5 friends attack a clan tower, because we needed a new base. We got the controller down, and the zone went to 75% (I think). I placed a controll tower, and was about to place some turrets. Then the base gets attacked by 10-15 clanners. 1 minute after our controller is up.
    Question 4: Isn't there supposed to be a "grace-period" for new towers?

Then a new war started, and some lvl 100-140 were attacking my tower, and I could just watch. 2 minutes later, I get killed by 5-10 highlevel guys. My bad for not running. I rezzed, buffed and went back in. When I grided to my base I got instantly attacked by a lvl 125 fixer, and my graceperiod was at 55 sec. he shot away at me happily as a fixer can be. I turn around to teach him a lesson, and I get "Player is too low level to pvp"-msg.... while he shoots at me. My grace was ticking down to 30 sec, and he was still shooting at me. Then I get attacked by the higherlevel guys, and end up running for my life without even attacking/defending anything. Got killed again, and then I get the msg that we lost that base aswell. Of course it went to 75% again.
    Question 5 : What is going on here?

*** This is not a whine, or a flame of any kind. I'm just a "mildly" anoyed player, who doesn't seem to understand whats happening. I got so...ehm.. upset, I had to log. This night was the most frustrating AO-thing I've ever experienced since last August. Anyone have a tip or some info, and I'd be very grateful***
    Grontha Enf lvl 214 R2 -Inner Circle Kingpin(/born Jul 29, 2001)

I dont have a tip, but I am gonna bump your post... since I'm also wondering wth happened there

weird...

Post hmmm

I remember from test that some dev wrote that the way it is intendet with the new caps a low lvl player can initiate an attack of an highlevel. However he will then get a warning and if he answers yes the high lvl will be able to attack back. But yeah i dont get the thing that happened there not beeing able to attack somebody who is shooting at you is just plain wrong.

I think some dev should prob have a look at this or else this is a major fault with nw.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
    It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
    The hands acquire shaking,
    the shaking becomes a warning,
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Cool Answer

Okay after doing some searching here i found you an answer to your problem in test server patch notes

Quote :

-We have decided to restrict the positive influence of healing and buffing of lower level players after the Shield Disabler Item has been used. In LC areas, after this has happened and you are PvP enabled (after Grace), you will no longer be able to heal or buff people outside the PvP attack range.

This should make your day at least a lil bit better.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
    It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
    The hands acquire shaking,
    the shaking becomes a warning,
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Bump.
    Middly annoyed too to help an attacked clan base and watch lvl 100ish people destroying it, a cup of tea and some cake in the hand.

Used to, we had to stand there while the lowbies did /moon because there was nothing we could do to them. Now we have to stand there while they destroy our towers. I guess they'll still get to moon us afterwards, too. Oh goody
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

This should make your day at least a lil bit better.
    Like in the lvl 125 doc healing the 150 enforcer that beats the crap out of the lvl 189 enforcer?

Yeah, guess what. Something solved, but the solution moved the problem and created even more borders open for exploiting