Thread: Fc Read This!

Exclamation Fc Read This!

FC and to all whom concerns,

I am engineer, lvl 160, that tells u nothing for most of u, since many dont really have any experience how it is to be Engie in this game. I like the concept but i truly believe FC have missunderstood meaning of the word in "Engineer".

I am not going redebate this matter rather state an observation made during my course levlin my char.

0) The requirements of making a bot lies in NANO skills. I cant self cast ANY bot that lies in slayer branch, FFS they are my weapon and all other profession can go and ask trader and get help to wield their gun. We Engies must run to traders/mp every time and according to good source of information you must either have EXPENSIVE items or invest IP into pointless weapon to get the necessary MC/TS to cast your own at lvl 192-193 at EARLIEST.
    In order all other profession shall understand please FC, treat em as u do to us, let EVERYONE start when they log in with their gun in inventory and LET see how far they will accept this nonsense.
    Regarding 14.71 patch, hello FC, *knock *knock*, lvl requirement of Enhanced Aggression Subsystem is 155, the nano requirement is 903 in THREE SKILLS? NO Engies will EVER be able to self cast it even at level 200.

1) Engineer is like a crat but worse. Its like FC believes so strong in the concept "Bigger thats better" that they missed the meaning of the word "flexibility equals larger functionality". Crat can have 1 pet and 2 charmed mobs. They can calm, they can use different good nanos. Their best pet makes roughtly 60-70% of what the best Engineer bot can do and believe me the bot do rougthly twice as much damage as the Engie can do. For a crat there is alternatives like few attack nanos, snare, crit increase nanos, etc etc. So apart that a crat have more options they have surely more fun even since most Engie do is sit and wait til the bot is done, well apart from those with a bult loose in da head like me who likes to jump into middle of several aces and fight together with the bot (which actually works perfect even with RM).
    What i am saying is that playing Engie that goes pure combat is very boring and in this respect we just a poor copy of crat.

2) I am a MA-Engineer and i know it would be MORE fun to play MA since they have better dodge/damage/heal even tho i regard that in long run their bashing thru life is kinda booring to me. I didnt choose that since i wanted something more than just good at fighting. Coming to this later so hang on ppl. What i react here further is slayer transference that gives me +300 in MA, it would be better to add +hp,+ac,+ma and the amount should be of "SPECIAL" ie level related so in long end at lvl 200 +ma shall be read as +300. I have no idea how to balance the other numbers out but i must admit that i MANY times feel at my lvl that i am about 1k hp to short. ( 4.1k hp ). Another thing i react upon is the insane amount of IP that has to put into this. 7 dark blue skills!

3) If i wanted to be a Raid-9X-Engineer then it would be wiser to play soldier/fixer since the IP in this is like for 2) insane high. (dark blue in 7 skills and light blue pistol ). There is simply no really good pistols for Engies cp to other range weapons. but i dont complain since its in my opinion that pistols should be WORSE than any other range weapon type. What i react is WHY so expensive in IP? All good pistols have insane requirements with wierd added weapons requirements. Take this gun, if i put such amount IP in shotgun why the hell should i walk around with a pistol when i can grab me a nice Waltzing Queen since still out in da field the only thing that counts atm is "crit". Base damage is less relevant. Well i know some changes have been made regarding PvP so i might step back but then shotgun is pointless. Further playing with pistol is a bad choice since every time u hit it can break the "taunt" the bot has thru trimmers and u get attacked by the mob, therefore i prefer slow but steady amount of damage like MA above.

4) If i want to go Tradeskills and let my bot work solo then i would be very close to pure meaning of Engineer. This area is what the workshop at FC should have invested more time into. If i really want to play this field it would be MORE wise to go trader profession. They beat us in all respect except NP perhaps but thats the NT/MP field.

What do i want to see FC is an improvement of each class giving they UNIQUE items , ie profession only items, that boost their abilities in their field and it should be lvl req on these. For Engies i wanna se, call it a wish list for christmas.

0) Making pet shell without NANO skill at all , ONLY ME/EE/WS skills. ALL classes should be able to use pets but like wielding a gun it should be related to these above skills which engineer should master supremely. Come on, many other RPG games allow u to have companion ie meatshields why shouldnt it be like this here to?

1) Flamer that gives plus to ME skill ( this baby can be either be used as hot short range weapon or turn down the gas and change the mouth piece u get a perfect handwielder to work on your piece of robot).

2) Remote control that gives u a small window with your bot's perspective that can be manuevered from farther distance well if u wanna have XP then u must stay within range of course.

3) tool kit/items to raise ME,EE,WS and Engineer only. Would cool to see a Engineer walking around with his tools as key items to making his robots. His apartment is his workshop.

4) implants like optic eye to rise key values like EE.

5) Greater difference in what type of bots u can make and have other abilities than bashing. I can divide em into different kind of types of bots as,

a.Scout bots with remote window. Fast/weak bots to scan enemy territories with cloaking abilities.

b. Bodyguards, smaller robots, suitable in towns and crowded areas that steps in and stand as meatshield. Weak damage not high amount of hp but strong enought to give the engie time to pull out the bigger stuff.

c. Sentinels. This is the highest form a solo engineer should be able to do. Either in melee form or range weapon, like war bots/slayer/war machine type that do the bashing in the glory of their master. But read closely: i wanna see ranged damage type and u should be able to make bots with different type of damage type like poison/energy/projectile etc.

d. Juggernaut. Should require team of engineer. A tool could ensure this.

B4 you guys jump at my throat, lemme remind u that its a difference in vision and implementation. Even a coder has vision right? But to reach the above tree lines u much aim for the stars.

Just think about it. All of u start with your gun in your inventory EVERYTIME u log in. Would u accept it?
    Last edited by Ripley67; Dec 11th, 2002 at 09:41:31.

I like the ideas you have posted I have a 155 Engineer currently I have had my ideas floating through my head for a while. What I would like to see are Tradeskill Buffs come on now Engi = Master Builder.

Why not give Engineers Meastro or better. Heck even lesser then Meastro would be something although they should have the highest version.

New Bots

A Warp macro or something so when there pet gets stuck they just press a button and poof pet is on top of engy again. I love the remote idea but it would lead to some kind of an exploit me thinks. First thing that comes to mind is PvP I would bring remote up and sit back at an edge of the land that I am attacking or my guild owns out of site and I would just walk my pet into the battle field and look for the weekest link and kill him then again that would be so much fun remote controlling my pet. Me thinks ok I love this idea now hehe.

The Juggernaut idea has been talked about befor and FC still hasnt made a response about it so no clue. Would be neat haveing different version of it. 2 Engy = Juggernaut Guard, 3 Engy = Juggernaut Patroller, 4+ = Juggernaut Warrior. Each being harder then the next hehe. Make it so it isnt a nano but when an engy is teamed with another engy when they make there pets they morph into 1 pet. Would be confusin on who controlls it hehe but that could be worked on.

Good points and nice ideas Ripley - lets hope Funcom take note.

As an MP I feel involved in the equation as the required buffing machine for enabling you to equip your "gun" as you put it.

What the heck have robots got to do with nano skills anyway? Please resits the temptation to talk to me about nano-bots

Although it would doubtless cause a scream and a need an IP reset all option again - I think it would be interesting to make most of the engineer bots and supporting "nanos" dependent on the trade skills rather than nano skills and you guys ought to be able to self cast your best primary attack weapon by level 150.

Geez MPs can self cast their best pets by 130 - which is arguably a little early..

Thumbs up

Bump...big time.

You have no ide how this ide's warms my Engy hart.
    My mains.
    Patherson - Adv, lvl 207
    Anneli - Engy lvl 187
    and a few more.....