Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: You guys gonna finish the ENF weapons revamp?

Sandrix, im sure most of the "real" enforcers, the ones you see in the arena, or at mob camps doing tests with various types of weapons, the ones who understand how the game works such as Ani/Deng etc would even disagree with you.

As for multi-tasking, issues as important as the problems pet classes have had from..umm, BETA ONE! (yes i was playing then) Really need to be fixed Asap, if this means pulling all available programmers onto the same task to achieve this in say a few months, instead of another year... wouldnt it make more sense if the children were denied their "candy" just this once..

"Mr president sir, blah just declaired war on us... what should we do"

"Raise taxes fool... its clearly more important to screw our citizens out of more money then to protect them.."

In the above scenario, both tasks could of been accomplished with multi-tasking, but when situations of extreme urgency occur, everyone capable of helping is pulled in to accomplish the task faster with more effeciency.

And you my friend, are playing the role of the president in that scene, you want your "candy" over important fixes.

If you've ever worked on a project with multiple people you know that there are only so many people that can work on the same thing and still be effective. I really doubt that they could effectively assign all of their staff to fixing the pet pathing problem. Consider also that they have a full staff working on Shadowlands, why not pull one of those people to chanage the Tsunayoshi weapons. You also run into issues with what pieces of the code certain people are familiar with, I'm sure not every programmer there would know what to do with the pet pathing code. They have resources dedicated to that full time, that doesn't mean they can't accomplish other things in the meantime.

I won't be cowed into not expressing what I want just because someone else wants something too. I want Tsunayoshi weapons in to QL 180, and the fact that I do has nothing to do with other professions and what they need.
    Isisnorfret RK1 - Main

Funny skit p0is0n. It applies pretty well to the MP's here who want pet pathing to be fixed so bad that they want all other progress to be (uneccesarily) halted untill they get what they want.
    Isisnorfret RK1 - Main

MP's have been on hold from Beta1, whats your point?

(meanwhile.. the devs have been producing stupid hats, santa leets and goofed up glasses..)

mass PvP is painful
    it's worse for melee profs
    PvP at camelot for me is just lag lag die, my contribution is drawing fire from others who do more
    not all enfs use uber weps
    i use gimpy piercing weps
    so don't go generalising on us
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death

Originally posted by p0is0n
    MP's have been on hold from Beta1, whats your point?
    Well, MPs got multiple pets, MPs got mez pets, MPs got creation weapons... but all of these things were done half-assed by FunCom and were then ignored. My MP hates that.

However, my enforcer hates that they bothered to design these great weapons to give enforcers some control over what type of weapon they wanted to use and which special attacks to use with it... but then did it half-assed so that it's not all that useful.

I'm sick of FunCom adding things, then walking away before they finish. I agree that they need to focus on other things and other professions. BUT, since they did bother to spend an obviously significant amount of time designing all these new weapons, the least they could do is finish what they started by making them drop up to at least QL175.

Many people here argue that no more time should be spent because enforcers are good enough and the time should be spent on other professions. I can't deny that, but I am sick of FunCom doing this kind of thing. Surely, other classes can understand that frustration.

Originally posted by JagdTyger
    I will save Cz the trouble of answering this one, he stated in earlier posts just after the new Enf vendor went in that ql135 was intentional and higher ones may drop at a much later date by other means.
    Did I use the word 'much'?

Did I use the word 'much'?
    If I don't remember badly, the word 'maybe' was used...

i recall getting the impression that adding them at higher qls would be looked into in a 1 week to 5 year period and that actually adding them at higher ql was not guaranteed.

---

would the people that don't want an easy change that would help enfs prefer it if FC made some half assed changes to engies and then came back to enfs? pfffft

would just like to point out that fixers are still waiting for the other fixer shops that go above ql100 to be added, so I wouldn't be holding your breath for this

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

If you look back at the crat fixes promised in October 2001 (might be off by a month, but that's pretty close), you will see a number of things still not implemented. Don't hang your coats on Funcom's profession reform promises.

Scorus

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910