Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: NTs: please support GA nuke removal

Resonance blast is a normal nuke with heavy damage. You can probly resist it with some not so ****y NR at full def. Theres no stun and the recharge time is not really quick so atleast, you got the time to run away before the NT recast it, oh and u also need to work for it I think
    Fixer anti GA nuke are heavy hitter, they stun and they recharge fast. If a NT find a fixer at 50% HP fighting another guy, he can be pretty sure to beat the fixer with no resistance at all.

Originally posted by Insida
    Resonance blast is a normal nuke with heavy damage. You can probly resist it with some not so ****y NR at full def. Theres no stun and the recharge time is not really quick so atleast, you got the time to run away before the NT recast it, oh and u also need to work for it I think
    Fixer anti GA nuke are heavy hitter, they stun and they recharge fast. If a NT find a fixer at 50% HP fighting another guy, he can be pretty sure to beat the fixer with no resistance at all.
    They don't stun, they have a chance to stun. And every time I used it, on you numerious times, it never stopped you from running or evacing.

Partial Gridspace Inversion hits for 1198-2066

Res Blast with 50 damage cap would be 1552-2985

But with RB being 101NR and PGI being 5%, not to mention RB being 9/2.5 vs. 5/2 of PGI, PGI is a bit more scary to a GA fixer then RB. Still, IMHO, not enough to warrant someone to freak out if the NT has both nukes. Unless of course the fixer has max NR, cause he knows we won't be able to land nukes. Or gunshots.

Im glad we have these nukes.

Short Fuses Anonymous! :S

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    You know what, now Im ****ing furious. I thought you learned today in the arena, when we tested, that you can counter NT nukes. GA makes that all the more possible. So I come back to this post and I hear you running your mouth like this after I said that I wanted to keep it civil. Ok then.

Ok, so what your saying is that with your uber little blue suit you are just like everyone else. Yeah no ****.

So wtf does that mean, in mass pvp everyone is running around with the exact same buffs anyway. You won't run out of nano before me cause your surely have HE running. You won't be reflecting more damage then a soldier because you have RRFE running. This has nothing to do with the fact that GA now has its sure weakness. The fact that with max NR and GA you can counter at least 1/2 of my nukes (as shown in the arena today). In addition, you havea 50% resist to all roots/snares. Either way, outside of an enforcer, you have the second highest NR in the game.

Again, total BS for people who are ignorant to PvP. So people read this crap you post and it would seem that a GA IV fixer has no chance against a 200 soldier. How many times have you, or the other fixers out there, take an alpha, let the HOT get you back to full, then beaten the soldier. Bah, why do I even ask as you'll say that you always lose or some ****. Maybe some soldiers should come here and post there experiences with getting alpha off, because they didn't get many hits in after that until alpha recharged.

First of all, you forget NCU and 2 HOTs? And what happened here is people got so damn dependant on that ****ing armor that they act like they can't live without it. Same thing with me and NS MKII. I dueled Mushuu today and there is no way I would have won without NS, no chance in hell. Funny thing is I was rookie before I got either NS, and I had taken down many MA's. Now, if I didn't use it I probably would lose because I'm not used to not having such a good weapon in my aresenal.

Name one profession in which these aren't a weakness in PvP. Any one of these lands on me in a fight and I'm dead. Enforcers can shrug it off but since you named meta, trader, docs and NT, hell 2 of those classes are death to most of us.

Yeah ok, EQB has its weakness. Being slow. Don't matter, its the best weapon in game right now. When you look at that fact, the weakness it has withers away. Every single time I see someone watch the damage being done by the weapon I hear them say "holy ****, that needs a nerf". Every time, every single time. People are in awe that a weapon can hit THAT hard EVERY time WITHOUT relying on crits.

Yup, it sure does. And why does it? Because too many people were sick of having 0 chance against a doctor. And now a soldier has a chance. Playing as Medikiss though I trashed a 200 omni soldier, 50 levels higer mind you, in the arena yesterday. I forget his name, I think he was in MoK. So once again, CH was hit by the new nanos but it is still so powerful against everyone else that I think the soldier nanos balance that out.

No, maybe you don't want it removed, because the real alternative that was passed over when Funcom decided to put in this nemesis crap was to nerf that armor.

And on a final note, I really cant believe everything was so cool to us in the arena today, and you didn't mention once that you decided to try to rip me up on the boards. You come back and flame me, thats fine. But when you do and you see me in game be sure to put a little mention to that so I don't be all nice to you.

True, i did counter some nukes when i slipped GA off but not enough to the point where i could live long enough. I also showed you the speed of the mcs's regular shots on fully defensive, and that in the time my mcs burst returns you could fire off 2 IEF. (Ah, as this topic is highlighted - what about ren. blast? You can forget about fixer winning vs NT in a fight with that in the ballpark) Hence why i would have chosen the manex over it in a real fight, but counter none instead and die just as fast. Breed definately has a factor here though im sure if i was atrox i would be able to pull it off. However put a atrox nt vs a atrox fixer w/o grid armor, the nt will still win. (whamb says he has somethin like 7.4k selfbuffed hp, so much for nt's not having much hp :S)

No :P what im saying is without my 'little uber blue suit' i'm a goddamn template profession with crappy healing. :P Others have more to suffice. Our specialty is evades. Without grid armor there is no evades to benefit from that makes us any more unique from anyone else's.

Yea, i got the same buffs, and i was talking about mass pvping w/o grid armor...since everyone knows that a fixer w/o grid armor would be an easy kill there'd be more than 1 person alphaing us, reflect & hp buffs or not :P GA doesn't add runspeed, i don't know how you thought i was saying the fact we only have 100-150 more runspeed than other folks makes GA have a weakness..lol..

Once again, in that 4th paragraph you confuse me talking about GA and w/o GA. I even started the paragraph you quoted 'Fixers without GA' For the record tho that happened several times w/ soldiers before, despite the fact they forgot their supernova or something, or it was before div9 wasnt a piece of **** :P Maybe you should ask some GOOD soldiers how they've been doing vs fixer lately im sure youll hear much different than what you did. Do soldiers start GA-whine threads anymore? I can't remember the last time one did Also i could care less about poster boying, im not posting to impress anyone or get elected as a professional, im simply responding and continuing the debate but sure think what you want :P All i gotta say is those soldiers who used a nova/flashpoint combo on us have no right to whine with their new strategies they can use against us. Hell pretty much every good soldier knows it anyway now.

-About EQB - yea people only make those comments in an arena. They don't in mass pvp. Because the enforcer is already dead from 72684227 FA/AS's that land on him thru full agg. :P Oh, and a disclaimer, since everyone thinks saying a weakness or disadvantage about something means theyre saying its 'gimp'(As seen here w/ GA) - NO, I AM NOT SAYING THE ENHANCED QUEEN BLADE IS A GIMP WEAPON! Speaking of which a ga4 fixer has about an even chance with a enforcer using an EQB. So your efforts to nerf grid armor will only lead you in a dynastic cycle - You'll be whining theres no profession that has a chance vs. an EQB enforcer Ah, the organics of nerfwhining on the AO forums. Cycles don't end until the whole thing is scrapped. And i'll tell ya we got another 2 1/2 years for that to happen, if you're talkin about AO.

Ah, comparing NT to fixer...lol. Yeah and tell me how good were those MAs you beat w/o NS? Where were you when johiyat beat Gunna in a 1v1 duel? And don't try to tell me gunna doesn't got NSII :P There's skill, and there's profession. So basically what you're saying to me is fixers are good w/o grid armor because they can kill noobs and gimps lol! NSII doesn't revolutionize your profession as much as grid armor does ours. Reason i didn't list HoTs is simple - its the most inferior form of profession-based healing in the game. Not saying it's nothing but when you're getting hit pretty much every time that healing isn't crap. :P I've made several attempts to put HoTs x2 on profs that can't heal while theyre fighting in mmd or something, it doesn't save them a majority of the time....The only situation where having HoTs on someone who can't heal is most useful is present day GA fixer v. soldier.

Thats right, i can't name one profession that isn't prone to those, however you're saying GA is immune to everything so im listing that THOSE HURT US TOO! It's like coming out saying that grid armor has no weak points, and when theyre listed, you say 'that hurts us too' and it totally invalidates the original argument. :P You also forgot the 'and more' part and the 'figure it out yourself' part. The forums isn't a guaranteed strategy guide walkthrough :P

-wait, so if you can admit that CH has a weakness why were you complaining about it prior?? Wait, maybe you only say CH has a weakness, because you play a profession that has it at its disposal. You know its mechanics better than anyone else who plays a profession that DOESN'T have it. You see, it all adds up.

Ah, the last part of your post is the funniest you make this all sound like a conspiracy theory. You make it sound like im trying to manuver funcom, like ive got some evil doer plot stashed away in my oven in the basement. Surely you might think im a moron but NO one is that stupid to think they can dodge the nerf bat through a silly forum argument rofl. It's also funny how the contrary opinion that has some meat on it is always considered a flame on the forums Oh well, you know i did post that **** BEFORE our testing, but if you want to take a stupid forum argument personally be my guest. Either way, i proved that fixers don't have a chance w/o grid armor and you proved that in GA i resist nukes more often than i thought i would. And yet! you still do not jump off your 'duel rock' acting like fixers can fire a manex or a mcs at 1/1 at full def(let alone even being full def at all in mass pvp) resisting everything minimizing specials damage and getting experienced in one day.

On to whamb -

It's true that i did say going MCS fully defensive isnt the greatest idea a while ago, and that was probably before it had its 30 second burst recharge reduced. Truth is before that happened MCS was a pretty gimp weapon, number 1 reason why i went CHS, when the crit nerf came along i went down the revolving door and went back to MCS as it became better and the CHS was only worse with FA nerfs and crit nerfs, and also because i can't swap the manex with it. Nowadays, i would never go MCS without being fully defensive at the same time, because the burst is the good part about it and def/agg doesn't affect it. After examination you can see that SMGs, being that theyre fixer weapons were made with speeds to make sure we wouldn't be fully defensive all the time. Well, i suppose someone could counter that with the 8 sec burst recharge but the truth is it still doesn't pack much punch but it still has a more reliable damage output than it's former standpoint. Nowadays its more fixers would be out of their mind to go fully defensive with a manex unless they're chipping away at the wounded with the burst in a tower battle.

Edit: Whups. Double quoted.
    Last edited by Stromm; Dec 21st, 2002 at 22:57:15.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Re: Short Fuses Anonymous! :S

I thought this thread was dead, you on vacation? :P.

Anyway, I won't quote all the stuff, too much drinking for that tonight.

Originally posted by Stromm
    True, i did counter some nukes when i slipped GA off but not enough to the point where i could live long enough.
    Don't be misleading, you countered 1/2 my nukes. I still don't understand why you counter less then the other fixers out there, I tried to show you in the arena but I think she was busy showing a trader how she can't be drained.

I also showed you the speed of the mcs's regular shots on fully defensive, and that in the time my mcs burst returns you could fire off 2 IEF.
    Thats true, it was pretty slow. But IEF at full defense isn't really a speed demon. But I do get your point. Without GA I'm sure I wouldn't lose to a fixer very often. But with GAMKIV you do have the ability to get your NR to a point where you will counter more then 1/2 my nukes. So if you counter 3/4 say, thats too much since I, and many others, can't touch you with our weapons. The drawbacks of grid armor is obviously nukes. Always has been. But since fixers have started pumping NR and getting to the point where so much is countered, this nuke came into play. And Im glad its here seeing the NR rates with GA that Ive tested so far.

i don't know how you thought i was saying the fact we only have 100-150 more runspeed than other folks makes GA have a weakness..lol..
    When did I say Grid Armor added to run speed?

-About EQB - yea people only make those comments in an arena. They don't in mass pvp. Because the enforcer is already dead from 72684227 FA/AS's that land on him thru full agg. :P Oh, and a disclaimer, since everyone thinks saying a weakness or disadvantage about something means theyre saying its 'gimp'(As seen here w/ GA) - NO, I AM NOT SAYING THE ENHANCED QUEEN BLADE IS A GIMP WEAPON! Speaking of which a ga4 fixer has about an even chance with a enforcer using an EQB. So your efforts to nerf grid armor will only lead you in a dynastic cycle - You'll be whining theres no profession that has a chance vs. an EQB enforcer Ah, the organics of nerfwhining on the AO forums. Cycles don't end until the whole thing is scrapped. And i'll tell ya we got another 2 1/2 years for that to happen, if you're talkin about AO.
    Of course you aren't saying the EQB is a gimp weapon, but when you use the word weakness with a weapon like EQB, or armor like GA4 or heals like CH and Pheonix, it almost makes it sound like the small drawback comes close to the HUGE advantage. And when did I ever say I wanted GA nerfed? My whole point here is GA with max NR is too uber if this nuke wasn't in place. But it is.

Ah, comparing NT to fixer...lol. Yeah and tell me how good were those MAs you beat w/o NS? Where were you when johiyat beat Gunna in a 1v1 duel? And don't try to tell me gunna doesn't got NSII :P There's skill, and there's profession. So basically what you're saying to me is fixers are good w/o grid armor because they can kill noobs and gimps lol!
    Ask Gunn if he would have had any chance in hell to beat Johiyat without NS MKII. And the HOT's are quite uber, but if you put them on me, they won't do THAT good. Put them on a fixer who is getting missed most of the time and the HOT is doing more then that enforcer with mongo or that doc with their HOT. Not to mention the second line lasts a much longer duration then doc HOT's.

-wait, so if you can admit that CH has a weakness why were you complaining about it prior?? Wait, maybe you only say CH has a weakness, because you play a profession that has it at its disposal. You know its mechanics better than anyone else who plays a profession that DOESN'T have it. You see, it all adds up.
    CH has no weakness. It was meant to be a large nano suck up and have a long recharge. Problem is the advantages of CH is in so much abundance that the weakness is nullified. A doc that can CH 10-15 times in a fight, no way, CH has NO weakness. Bear in mind I mean if you can cast it, if you drained, then yes -- it has one. But the point is when you have the ability to CH yourself it doesnt have one.

Ah, the last part of your post is the funniest you make this all sound like a conspiracy theory. You make it sound like im trying to manuver funcom, like ive got some evil doer plot stashed away in my oven in the basement. Surely you might think im a moron but NO one is that stupid to think they can dodge the nerf bat through a silly forum argument rofl. It's also funny how the contrary opinion that has some meat on it is always considered a flame on the forums Oh well, you know i did post that **** BEFORE our testing, but if you want to take a stupid forum argument personally be my guest. Either way, i proved that fixers don't have a chance w/o grid armor and you proved that in GA i resist nukes more often than i thought i would. And yet! you still do not jump off your 'duel rock' acting like fixers can fire a manex or a mcs at 1/1 at full def(let alone even being full def at all in mass pvp) resisting everything minimizing specials damage and getting experienced in one day.
    Nah, my drift was put strongly when we tested, but you were, somehow, not nearly as resistant as the other fixers I tested on. The point isn't how much YOU can resist, the point is how much a fixer has the capablity to resist. Also, I never said a Manex could fire at 1/1 at full defense. Going full defense also doesn't minimize damage to specials, or I wouldn't hit 10K aimed all the time, pvm and pvp.

Now I want people who read the fixers complaints to this nerf to understand why this nuke was brought about. When a class like the fixer has the ability to evade most attacks, nukes should get through. Thats the way it was, I was always able to take down that fixer that a soldier or enforcer couldn't. But when they fixed NR the fixer was able to counter the three things that would take them out of their "god mode". Those were NS, drains and nukes. Now...you can easily counter drains and NS, and counter 1/2 or more nukes. This nuke allows you to be worried about something. Not just being able to run right through a group of 10 poeple knowing you can make it alive. You may not do it, but others do.
    Last edited by Razkul; Dec 21st, 2002 at 23:48:05.

Re: Re: Short Fuses Anonymous! :S

Don't be misleading, you countered 1/2 my nukes. I still don't understand why you counter less then the other fixers out there, I tried to show you in the arena but I think she was busy showing a trader how she can't be drained.

Thats true, it was pretty slow. But IEF at full defense isn't really a speed demon. But I do get your point. Without GA I'm sure I wouldn't lose to a fixer very often. But with GAMKIV you do have the ability to get your NR to a point where you will counter more then 1/2 my nukes. So if you counter 3/4 say, thats too much since I, and many others, can't touch you with our weapons. The drawbacks of grid armor is obviously nukes. Always has been. But since fixers have started pumping NR and getting to the point where so much is countered, this nuke came into play. And Im glad its here seeing the NR rates with GA that Ive tested so far.

When did I say Grid Armor added to run speed?

Of course you aren't saying the EQB is a gimp weapon, but when you use the word weakness with a weapon like EQB, or armor like GA4 or heals like CH and Pheonix, it almost makes it sound like the small drawback comes close to the HUGE advantage. And when did I ever say I wanted GA nerfed? My whole point here is GA with max NR is too uber if this nuke wasn't in place. But it is.

Ask Gunn if he would have had any chance in hell to beat Johiyat without NS MKII. And the HOT's are quite uber, but if you put them on me, they won't do THAT good. Put them on a fixer who is getting missed most of the time and the HOT is doing more then that enforcer with mongo or that doc with their HOT. Not to mention the second line lasts a much longer duration then doc HOT's.

CH has no weakness. It was meant to be a large nano suck up and have a long recharge. Problem is the advantages of CH is in so much abundance that the weakness is nullified. A doc that can CH 10-15 times in a fight, no way, CH has NO weakness. Bear in mind I mean if you can cast it, if you drained, then yes -- it has one. But the point is when you have the ability to CH yourself it doesnt have one.

Nah, my drift was put strongly when we tested, but you were, somehow, not nearly as resistant as the other fixers I tested on. The point isn't how much YOU can resist, the point is how much a fixer has the capablity to resist. Also, I never said a Manex could fire at 1/1 at full defense. Going full defense also doesn't minimize damage to specials, or I wouldn't hit 10K aimed all the time, pvm and pvp.

Now I want people who read the fixers complaints to this nerf to understand why this nuke was brought about. When a class like the fixer has the ability to evade most attacks, nukes should get through. Thats the way it was, I was always able to take down that fixer that a soldier or enforcer couldn't. But when they fixed NR the fixer was able to counter the three things that would take them out of their "god mode". Those were NS, drains and nukes. Now...you can easily counter drains and NS, and counter 1/2 or more nukes. This nuke allows you to be worried about something. Not just being able to run right through a group of 10 poeple knowing you can make it alive. You may not do it, but others do.
    misleading? with 800 NR when my GA was out it wasn't 1/2, i know i did resist a good amount but i'm positive it wasn't 1/2 id like to try this out again if that's ok. As far as 'resisting far less than other fixers out there' ill assume that you mean while wearing gridarmor because the time of that test with my GA on i had mk3. Thanks to a guildmate, i've got GA4 now (and hes GOING to be compensated! :S)

*Thank you* My BIGGEST objective on this thread is highlighting the fact that fixers are nothing without grid armor, and even against NTs unless it is an atrox on a nanomage. As far as GA resistances go with other nukes, im starting to see what you mean about 1.1k NR resisting them a lot. But i still think with the occasional landing of one or two, res blast should still change that. And i still stand by the point that fixers aren't always fully defensive in mass pvp as manex is most popularly used in NW battles and not the arena.

Also you never said it added runspeed but you were relating my argument about gsf not making a big difference to GA fixers and the ability to laugh off the FAs, when i was talking about non-GA fixers in notum wars battles who's only speed will be the sliding of their corpse across rubi-ka'n plain.

Ok, imho the disadvantage a enforcer has in mass pvp wielding a EQB *outweighs* their advantage of wielding one. So many soldiers pvp these days, every NW battle ive gone to ive seen atleast 5 or more per side. Now if an enforcer, say hab or tantrumzero came running at us in a charge, who would be targetted first? the enforcer, and the 3x AS would easily get the enf's hp to 20-30% and would only be finished off with hellspinners and various other unfriendly things coming their way. The same can be said for many other classes, and i gaurantee you that in that scenario the enforcer would get off maybe 1 or 2 max hits before targetting the reclaim. Phoenix heal, same thing there adv's dont have unlimited nano pools and kin takes an assload of nano to cast. CH comes with a prof that has a large nano pool but has a whole nano to destroy it, and the 8 sec recharge is enough to kill you in that time before they can even cast lifegiving elixir. GA, same thing here, a whole nano created to destroy it as well as various other weapon strategies people have been developing, as for this i would say that the benefits and the disadvantages here of GA is balanced out in mass pvp and in some cases, dueling.

Thats the point - Gunn DIDN'T win against johiyat... but he got close.. :P and he used nsII...About the HoTs, i was saying they're crap - once again - on fixers WITHOUT grid armor to further bolster my point that we're total gimps without the smurf suit. Now, ask me if i had any chance in hell to survive a long amount of time in pvp, ask me if i had any chance in hell to duel well against well-balanced professions played by people equal or higher of my level, without grid armor and instead in mk2 coronas?

Wait, am i reading this right. in one post you said it gets balanced by that soldier nano and the recharge, the next you say it doesn't. Duels and mass pvp are two different things, in mass pvp docs are nowhere near as uber as they are in duels. And the level and magnitude of seriousness placed on balanced duels, and duels alone is so low these days with mass pvp being the highlight, like it should be.

I know the point here isn't how much *I* can resist, but how much fixers as a whole can resist in GAIV in a test is totally irrelevant to outside of testing areas. Things are not as they appear in places where you get a good amount of time to emphasize what your opponent's next move will be, they aren't as they appear in places where you're at point blank when the fight starts or goes under way, depending on the profession in question. Sure, the NT nuke gives us more to fear but it's not like we never treaded lightly in mass pvp anytime before. Mass pvp is all about kills and, with all these neophytes and novices around you there's no way of knowing whether you'll be a first target or not, and to get kills means to kill fast, going fully defensive isn't the way to do that. Whatever you saw in the arena or wine is irrelevant, we won't be immune to drains in the battlefield, same goes with nukes do you honestly believe that nukes such as rule of 1 and NSD especially will not land on a fixer if he is fully aggressive or even, 50% agg? There are many things in that '3' that you're missing and im sure if you explore all the professions deeper you'll find them.

Lastly, if your point is that nukes were getting resisted by our possible 1.2k NR, continue with that point. It gives no right to saying fixers are 'good' when in regular armor as a means to counter the argument the original poster made. It's totally false, i am yet to see a fixer say that he does equal or better in regular armor in pvp than he does in grid armor like all these non-fixers have claimed so.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."

Uhhh

Person who started this thread= complete idiot.

THE MORE GA FIXERS I SEE DEAD, THE HAPPIER I, AND 98% OF RUBI KA IS!!!!

What next? ooohhh please take rifles away from agents... make them use MA!!! *sigh*
    Cougarhawk-Agent-Tir~
    ~~~Trader-killer~~~

Cathawk-Trader-Tir~
    ~~~ Uber level 25, likes to scream "NERF GRID ARMOR!"~~~

Re: Re: Re: Short Fuses Anonymous! :S

misleading? with 800 NR when my GA was out it wasn't 1/2, i know i did resist a good amount but i'm positive it wasn't 1/2 id like to try this out again if that's ok. As far as 'resisting far less than other fixers out there' ill assume that you mean while wearing gridarmor because the time of that test with my GA on i had mk3. Thanks to a guildmate, i've got GA4 now (and hes GOING to be compensated! :S)
    Resisting half of my nukes while you hit me every shot with the Manex, no thanks. And it was 1/2, even more from other fixers. With GAIV its upward of 3/4 of all my normal nukes and all of my ithaca hits. No thanks.

*Thank you* My BIGGEST objective on this thread is highlighting the fact that fixers are nothing without grid armor, and even against NTs unless it is an atrox on a nanomage. As far as GA resistances go with other nukes, im starting to see what you mean about 1.1k NR resisting them a lot. But i still think with the occasional landing of one or two, res blast should still change that. And i still stand by the point that fixers aren't always fully defensive in mass pvp as manex is most popularly used in NW battles and not the arena.

Um, even against NT's? wtf is that supposed to mean? Someone have a superiority complex or something? Res Blast is nasty, but slow cast time and still a high NR rate. And no, I'm sure fixers don't have to be full defense in mass pvp. I really think you guys ask for too much. Uber defense with GA, uber weapons with fast speed, resistance to nukes. Too much for me thx.

Also you never said it added runspeed but you were relating my argument about gsf not making a big difference to GA fixers and the ability to laugh off the FAs, when i was talking about non-GA fixers in notum wars battles who's only speed will be the sliding of their corpse across rubi-ka'n plain.

I don't know, its not like Grid Armor is really that rare, its just really expensive. I see tons more fixers with grid armor then I do without. And ok, say what you want, but I still see fixers rushing through us in battle, throwing a AE snare and/or root, and getting away alive with 10 people on them.

Ok, imho the disadvantage a enforcer has in mass pvp wielding a EQB *outweighs* their advantage of wielding one. So many soldiers pvp these days, every NW battle ive gone to ive seen atleast 5 or more per side. Now if an enforcer, say hab or tantrumzero came running at us in a charge, who would be targetted first? the enforcer, and the 3x AS would easily get the enf's hp to 20-30% and would only be finished off with hellspinners and various other unfriendly things coming their way.

So you think the disadvantage that clearly outweighs the power of this thing is the fact that 5 to 10 people will take one down? Thats typical of a fixer. The EQB advantages easily outweighs the disadvantage, except maybe when fighting a fixer, and you swing that slow weapon just to miss. But I guess thats like casting a slow and powerful nuke like res blast just to get it countered.

The same can be said for many other classes, and i gaurantee you that in that scenario the enforcer would get off maybe 1 or 2 max hits before targetting the reclaim. Phoenix heal, same thing there adv's dont have unlimited nano pools and kin takes an assload of nano to cast. CH comes with a prof that has a large nano pool but has a whole nano to destroy it, and the 8 sec recharge is enough to kill you in that time before they can even cast lifegiving elixir.
    Complete healing, from both classes, with PNH and IOR, is an extremely uber nano. I will say again there is a disadvantage, as in long recharge and high nano cost, but the nano cost is almost nullified with a NT around and the recharge time hardly ever kills you.

GA, same thing here, a whole nano created to destroy it as well as various other weapon strategies people have been developing, as for this i would say that the benefits and the disadvantages here of GA is balanced out in mass pvp and in some cases, dueling.
    I agree with this I think, that the fixer nuke balances the huge advantage you gain fighting other non-casting professions.

Thats the point - Gunn DIDN'T win against johiyat... but he got close.. :P and he used nsII...About the HoTs, i was saying they're crap - once again - on fixers WITHOUT grid armor to further bolster my point that we're total gimps without the smurf suit. Now, ask me if i had any chance in hell to survive a long amount of time in pvp, ask me if i had any chance in hell to duel well against well-balanced professions played by people equal or higher of my level, without grid armor and instead in mk2 coronas?

You guys keep saying this, but you don't have to not wear grid armor. Yeah, you don't fight a NT with it on, but if you were dueling an enforcer, wtf would you take it off? As for the Gunn/Joh fight, of course he used NS MKII, without it he would have been smoked. Ask him. I fought Mushuu, Mrmeyaggi, tons of other MA's, its all about me getting in my shots during NS, then hope to kill them before they kill me (which they do rapidly when it drops), but you see, NS lasts for 19seconds, grid armor lasts for the entire battle easy.

Wait, am i reading this right. in one post you said it gets balanced by that soldier nano and the recharge, the next you say it doesn't. Duels and mass pvp are two different things, in mass pvp docs are nowhere near as uber as they are in duels. And the level and magnitude of seriousness placed on balanced duels, and duels alone is so low these days with mass pvp being the highlight, like it should be.

Maybe you don't understand me. The soldier nanos balance complete heal, yes, because a soldier can cast it on a doc in mass pvp. But heals are overpowered overall, so Lifegiving Elixir is still overpowered, and easily castable.

I know the point here isn't how much *I* can resist, but how much fixers as a whole can resist in GAIV in a test is totally irrelevant to outside of testing areas. Things are not as they appear in places where you get a good amount of time to emphasize what your opponent's next move will be, they aren't as they appear in places where you're at point blank when the fight starts or goes under way, depending on the profession in question.
    No, its totally relevant. I don't care what you do to me in a fight. I don't care what Insida does, Argulace does, or any particular fixer does. What I care about is the potential, at level 200, is to counter nukes and evade weapons. And the sad truth is the counter rate goes through the roof. Fixers who post here sub lvl 130 don't have that NR. But its complete bull**** for a fixer to be running around, getting missed by weapons and countering 3/4+ of my regular nukes. So, once again to Maklya, I don't support it.

Sure, the NT nuke gives us more to fear but it's not like we never treaded lightly in mass pvp anytime before. Mass pvp is all about kills and, with all these neophytes and novices around you there's no way of knowing whether you'll be a first target or not, and to get kills means to kill fast, going fully defensive isn't the way to do that. Whatever you saw in the arena or wine is irrelevant, we won't be immune to drains in the battlefield, same goes with nukes do you honestly believe that nukes such as rule of 1 and NSD especially will not land on a fixer if he is fully aggressive or even, 50% agg? There are many things in that '3' that you're missing and im sure if you explore all the professions deeper you'll find them.

Once again you talk like I don't pvp. I always pvp. My nukes don't land, I see people *****ing about stuff not landing on fixers (and others of course). And no, I think NSD will be countered because my 108% nuke was countered by Argulace, same thing with Rule.

Lastly, if your point is that nukes were getting resisted by our possible 1.2k NR, continue with that point. It gives no right to saying fixers are 'good' when in regular armor as a means to counter the argument the original poster made. It's totally false, i am yet to see a fixer say that he does equal or better in regular armor in pvp than he does in grid armor like all these non-fixers have claimed so.
    Why would you take off your Grid Armor? The nuke has been around for a while and I still see all you guys keeping it on. The reason? Because the nuke is not overpowered. What it is, fixers whining because they aren't the 100%, top of the food chain anymore.

To end this little post done by Makyla, I'll post a few screenshots of what Makyla did after running from me two times. Both times I had him to 1/2ish through NS, and he never came out to take me down the rest of the way. He ran out of the arena, I explained about the fact we can't nuke when we leave the zone now, and yet he did it again. His response to losing (basically) to a NT that wasn't using the fixer nuke:

http://MyWebPages.comcast.net/bfranc...aklyabest1.jpg
    http://MyWebPages.comcast.net/bfranc...aklyabest2.jpg
    Last edited by Razkul; Dec 25th, 2002 at 17:17:44.

Please do not view Makyla's remarks as consistent with the Fixer community. In no way do I feel that way, personally. I feel "competitive" against EVERY class except NT.

Some of those classes I do feel competitive against I will win but I still get to actually play. Against NT I am frantically searching for the nearest exit or to switch my hotbar to the one that has evac.

Originally posted by Novalia
    Please do not view Makyla's remarks as consistent with the Fixer community. In no way do I feel that way, personally. I feel "competitive" against EVERY class except NT.

Some of those classes I do feel competitive against I will win but I still get to actually play. Against NT I am frantically searching for the nearest exit or to switch my hotbar to the one that has evac.
    You do with the new nukes.

I like the new anti GA nuke....it's fun to go around like Gargamel and kill smurfs!
    I'm Tarzim the NT
    Member of Band of Brothers

Stromm:

heh, complaining about being gimpy and dying quick with muliple people alphaing you and no grid armor. You're not alone here buddy.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Short Fuses Anonymous! :S

To end this little post done by Makyla, I'll post a few screenshots of what Makyla did after running from me two times. Both times I had him to 1/2ish through NS, and he never came out to take me down the rest of the way. He ran out of the arena, I explained about the fact we can't nuke when we leave the zone now, and yet he did it again. His response to losing (basically) to a NT that wasn't using the fixer nuke:

http://MyWebPages.comcast.net/bfranc...aklyabest1.jpg
    http://MyWebPages.comcast.net/bfranc...aklyabest2.jpg
    PE = win

those ss's made me laugh pretty good.. love that attitude of "no one can beat me!!!1"

lol

Originally posted by deatheyes
    Stromm:

heh, complaining about being gimpy and dying quick with muliple people alphaing you and no grid armor. You're not alone here buddy.
    Not complaining, just stating the truth about why we need GA to be good in pvp. I'm sure what you describe happens to the other 10 professions, but atleast most of them have something better than the HoTs.

As for the screenshots..i want to see makyla fight pomy or sheffy and win aside from the fact before NW (when the fixer nuke was added) i mightve seen his ass once or twice in 2ho, like when he told me to 'not fight elyhaym because he wanted her kill' So uh i don't know about the 'best player in the game'...

I would GLADLY exchange this line of nukes for a normal nuke with a NR modifier that can hit Raging enfs and Mega Mobs.
    Could not agree more with Vergil here.

Hehe think Fixers have it tough with Fixer nuke......resonance blast as it starts to filter out will make your eyes water the first time your hit with it!

Lol had some clanner after I nuked him for 2.97k first shot he fled up stairs in camelot. To show the ignorance of the masses ....he told me he was full offence I must have critted him with my nuke.

Almost fell out of my chair while i Tried to explain NTs dont crit with nukes, you either counter or you recieve the nuke. hehe you just got hit with one of the best nuke in game, his HP bar went from solid green to just above halfway.....it must have basically done the 40%/50% protection.

But I mean here is a level 150 plus character in a very challenging pvp zone.....who has no idea of NTs at all. I mean it just shows how much ignorance and hype is added to these threads. Nukes crit...what a load of BS!Its like being told NT must exploit they nuke us with kels thru walls...another hogwash story, it because you have a silly player who opens the door so 5 or more NT lock him and start casting and while they go thru the casting cycle he runs back dragging the nuke damage with him to his mates.

Go play a NT for 20 levels.

Phinger
    and with Phingers here.
    Last edited by North; Dec 28th, 2002 at 05:57:19.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -It HAS been tested. And proven that AC has nothing to do with nuke damage. RRFE does.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With 5K AC I can nuke myself to hell and my nuke never hits for full damage. I can use a chemical nuke and the damage fluctuates. AC may not reduce damage past minimum on nukes, but it causes it to hit minimum every time. Take the Notum Trainee or any of the high level mobs. The 2 or 3 nukes i DO get in hit for minimum damage every time.
    You are probably both right in a way.

Nukes always seem to hit a varying degree of damage, just like said....in PvP

However, on mobs nukes work slightly different...harder the mobs is (aka mob AC is high) less you will be hitting above the minimum damage (which I call the base damage).
    Gailyn, level 200 NT, Rimor.

Feel free to check my post history (suggestion from Aaronb, since he seems to think that everything I say is wrong (mostly because I do not agree that this game should have only few uber professions, but 12 more or less balanced professions based on their individual strenghts))

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567