Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nerf NTs

Nerf NTs

Yes NTs do not need loving they need serious adjusting. What other class can kill off entire teams of players... multiple teams of players all at once. With barely any line of sight.

Last night at Camelot just about every one of us died without even being able to fire off a shot. I died three times in a total fight time of 15seconds. Fight time? lol I could barely even see my attackers.

This must have been going on for quite some time. I don't go to Camelot all that often and now understand how the NTs get the titles.

Add to that nonsense the Fixer GA nuke and it is pure silliness. You take a class that already kills another class with relative ease and you give them pretty much 100% ability to kill them.

I saw a post that someone got 7 confirmed point kills at one time. Probably more if you add the players that were teamed. Again I ask what other class can kill off this many people at one time. Is it "working as intended?"

And some of you ask for Fixers with GA to be nerfed. Right... nerf the guy running around the battlefield taking pot shots at people but not the guy area nuking the whole damn place.

Too funny.

Cheers

You sure it wasn't a group of NT's?

And how did you die 3 times in 15 seconds?

And why did you stay in Kel's range after the first one hit you?

Remember Kel's has a pretty nasty recharge, so if you were getting hit consecutively there must have been 3+ NT's there.

lol ok so 3 NTs killed probably at least 10-12 clanners in a matter of seconds. Why didn't I run out of range? In the dungeon?

Hmm....
    I'll give you one guess.

Its sad when the most effective tactic would be "we need some NTs."

"Working as intended?"

Well while I do think they are very powerful there are many things that go against it, hense the reason I asked.

First, Kel's has a 130% NR rate. Nukes with 110% get countered all the time.

Second, you have to have pretty low HP to drop to 3 Kel's so I figure that in order for you to die with RRFE/Behe and 6-8K HP you must be hit a good 5-7 times. Now, with a 7.5 second recharge you're talking 40seconds or more to get that many off from one NT. Plenty of time for you to either take out the NT or back off either up the stairs or around the corner.

Now if there is 3, 4 or 5 NT's then sure, I wouldn't doubt a lot of you died. But if you didn't take down a single NT, and you all just got wiped, you guys did something seriously wrong. If you're talking about a box room that was already held by 30 omni, and you died from NT's casting at the stairs well yeah, it happens, but omni has tried to do it before and we always break though.

I don't know, just sounds like an exaggeration is all.

her we go again.. nerf everyone!!!!!!!!!! yea!! thats right.. nerf ever class.. i thought NTs were the ones that needed help but now that they got some lovin' nerf them!! yea nerf everyone nerf agent nerf enforcer, nerf ma, no no twink m, nefF trader YEA!!!!! nERFFF Crat or engi!! Nerf everyone!!!!!!! will you people quit it...

---godly
    If it moves I'd propably hit it

Just as a general point... everyone should be prepared for AE everything to get nerfed. I'm not going to say if I think it should be nerfed or not. I can see good reasons both for keeping it, and for nerfing it, and I can't say that I find one position more compelling than others.

But... as soon as lots of "carebears" and "part-time PvPers" start experiencing the joys of massed-up area nukes, roots, blinds, and snares around the tower battles, there will be more whining about it than can be matched with all the cheese in France.

Blinds, roots, and snares will probably elicit the most grumbling, in that order. I think the screwed up distribution of NW and the "shiny newness" of it will keep this - and other things - quiet for a week or two more, but no longer than that.

Now that FC is nerfing buffs and healing outside one's own PvP range, they'll be looking for more stuff to screw with.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Nerf Godly.
    "You just made the list pal"

3 more posts and I pass title cap =)

nerf area snares and area roots too
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

i made what list? *confuzed*
    If it moves I'd propably hit it

Originally posted by Godly/Hammerman
    i made what list? *confuzed*
    I told ya not to call me Francis

Dont nerf nts.

FIX Area Damage and walls.

Yeah fix area damage and walls ...

dont go about nerfing...

Bah novalia cheap ass ****...

Mass pvp is kinda Nt's strong point

Mean not like can run down to box room full omni and single handly nuke them all dead. I require support like healer/buffs/tanks etc.

well i can only dream of doing the same damage as an NT nukin can. Evades works a whole lot better than NR, and a Nuke hits for WAy more damage over time than a crappy shotty.

tested a low lvl NT, and it Ownz!!
    sure i cant take a beating much, but neither can an Agent, Trader, Fixer( without GA) or much of the non healing non hp buffing proffesions, sure fixers got their Evac, Crats their charms and calms( non pvp) and same goes for trader,

all i say is that the Base Average Damage for a Nuke is someone nasty compared to what many other proffesions can handle.
    Then add in that there is Area versions of it as well....Urk!

and yes pvp tactics today is.. NT nuke the crap out of them, we will heal ya and protect ya. Everyone knows this.

what is a poor trader to do? roll an NT ofc
    220/26 and an army of alts
    so much to do, so little time to do it

AoE is the NTs one unique quality, nerf it and you remove the profession completely. If there is 7 NTs in the damn box room you SHOULD be scared. Same as if you gridded into 2ho and saw ONE trader you would be scared I don't see the problem.

hohoho

I was there this night.
    Not sure how many OT NTs were there, but they for sure at least each won a pvp tittle if not teamed Tho Kel's is a pretty high nano, it should and does make some decent damages ( ~1300 avg damages with my tiny 400ish nano resist in full def ).
    Area range bug is imho more a problem in stairs.

Avoid nerf, just balance the game. Removing an ability is lame ( says a trader )

I've died 4 or 5 times in a row at camelot when it lags up hardcore during box room rushes.

Not sure what that has to do with NT's.

Remember.. gaute said it was our 386's that just can't handle the game and their servers are fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast