Thread: more pet types

more pet types

Ok, This is probably sitting on the cutting room floor of FC somewhere, and probably will be put in sometime. But I suggest that the next time some designer needs some extra punishment, that doesn't pull him away from doing more important things, Make him/her/it design a few more pet graphics for the MP pets. My farty incarnation looks idential to my anger incarnation that I cast in day one.

if you could add new pet graphics for the various MP pet levels, that would be uber cool. This game is all about respect and accomplishment. I am looking forward to casting my own demond, but would have also looked forward to getting different steps on the way.

(My personal choice for the steps would follow some type of evolutionary process from floating metaphysical blob, to beautiful demond. Perhaps we could have a blob with legs that slithered, then a four legged thingy for the next level, then a hunchback atroxesk demond, and then finally the demon in all his glory. Perhaps this would also lead to further forms involving sparkly shields, semi transparancy and larger wings)

Anyway, If you could add more graphics for the MP pet levels, it would enhance my sence of accomplishment as I got new pets, and would allow a greater Ohh-Ahh factor for characters.

(I am also interested if other have cool ideas for other pet steps between meatball and gargoyle)
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

You want this in after they fix pet pathing (and mob pathing for that matter) right?

That way your nice new pet will actually be able to do something other then look pretty

Hey, give the girl a break. I just fired up my MP again after about 3 months and tried a mission. I only died twice because my heal pet fell asleep (right beside me), only had to recreate my full set of pets about four times because they got irretrievably lost or stuck, and only got chased out once because my attack pet went AWOL at a critical attack point.

AND I completed the mission. Yes sir, I think they've got this pet problem licked.

So, now that's out of the way, yeah I want to talk about transitioning pets from meatball to demon, because I think this is an interesting idea.

The MP pets are supposed to be quasi-physical creations of the MPs' will formed from his/her anger. As it stands right now, all that happens - up to demon - is that the MP's anger becomes more intense. But the form stays the same, implying that his/her will (and creative ability) does not improve significantly.

The demon, on the other hand, is a radically different sort of creation, and reflects and improved willing ability. Interestingly, however, although the MP has 3 pets, only one, the attack pet, changes in form at the demon level. So this by itself is an inconsistency.

I suggest, that the discontinuity at demon is also an inconsistency. What should happen instead is that along with the increase in contolled anger, the MP should also be improving in will and thus creative ability. Hence, the MP should be creating more complex pets all along the way. Exactly as Antimosity has suggested.

There are already existing forms that could be modified somewhat to fit this transition. I'm thinking specifically of the Avian Wingman line and the smaller Pixie version. So what you could do would be to start out with a meatball (amorphous blob), transition to Pixie, then grow into Wingman, and ultimately end up with Demon. That would add a fair of interest to the attack pet line.

You'd also want to do something for the other two pet types. The Pixie to Demon transition is not appropriate for these guys because they have different termperament. A healing Demon is just not believable. A healing angel though would be ok. So maybe you could have a tinkerbell sort of pixie for healing, rather than the little demon like pixie we have for the attack pet, and transition it to angel.

The mezz pet is more trouble conceptually, but is usually handled in fantansy with a sort of a scarey apparition. So one option would be to transition from the blob to say, Wraith

This has been discussed by a lot of MPs and a poll was posted on it, the outcome - Elemental pets.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Hmmm, you could make an interesting quaternity with the 3 pets and the caster, and tie that into the 4 elements. That would add some interesting possibilities in terms of storyline and give the pets some much needed focus. However, you're going to have to give more detail (or a reference) Lordtritoch.

Also, as noted, you want to not just transition with more intensity, but with more creativity, and thus with more accomplished forms. I'm certainly interested in seeing whether the elements, which are by definition, singular and pure, can be given a plausible transition through form, as well as through intensity.

Lol i dont have all my links archived =P

Was a poll - The winner by a large majority was Elemental Pets

What else is there to say?
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

i was thinking the same thing myself today, but about engies. they get slayers at what, lvl 80 now ? i play adv but it would be cool if the MK II slayer was a little bit more hardcore looking. like black paint, etc.... maybe paint like on the yalms to prevent various effects or boost some attacks at the cost of others. perhaps give the option of upgrading the bot with an energy attack (program it duel weild energy and melee damage) maybe even give differnt bots for diff pourposes. like a shell for a special droid made for dismantling towers, make it so the engie cant attack while attacking a tower with it so that he has to depend on his guildies to protect/heal him while his guildies at the same time are fending off defenders from the engie. making the engie a "knight" in the chess of tower attacks rather then just another pawn.

but yeah, the fact that all MP pets but demon look like hairy basketballs is why i havent tried MP

I love my MP.

I hate looking like a balloon salesman.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

Elementals... metaphysical? Ghosts? Wraiths? Elementals doesnt seem quite right for an Metaphysist... but thats just me...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

More pet types

I agree we should have different pet types. I would like to see a Mini dragon for the attack pet line and the Pixi works for me on the heal pet line. As for the Mez Line Im not sure. But they dont work any way, they don't root any Mob (yes I know that their not suppose to but as I think the other pet classes have a root I would rather have that then a pet that gives me pain every time I use it)