Thread: Developers check this post !!!! Hurry up with the MA-fix or every MA will leave AO !

naw

we'll all make NTs and GA fixers instead

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

every class gets thier turn at gimpdom. soldiers at one time were always complaining and threatenging to quit. same with nt's, fixers, engies, and just about every other class.

nerfs suck, id say roll a trader or a doc and then you can avoid them as FC wont ever touch heals or drains nowing how upset healers and traders would be.

Feel bad for you MA's but this is no different then what most of AO has gone through at one time.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

I'll be the only MA on Rubi-Ka!!!

Muahahahaha!!!!
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

I think MA's are the first profession to get their second round of gimpdom tho.
    Before 13.9 we sucked...maybe even worse than now (I'm not entirely sure tho, since I didn't PvP much back then).

I'm not logging onto my "main" anymore. Beeing parried at uniques or slaughtered in PvP without a chance of fighting back is not my idea of a good time.

Having fun with my trader tho.
    You say you know how it is to get nerfed Nothinman, and still you call for nerfs on other professions....I just don't get it.
    .......must be some weird Canadian-logic thing

Ehm go play a MP... then u will find out why this class is all forgotten... when did u last see a MP? GL finding someone to buff u mochams...

I dunno if MAs are as gimped as u say u are, but if u are then do as every MP did... play a fixer or NT...
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

Originally posted by OddLogic
    I think MA's are the first profession to get their second round of gimpdom tho.
    Before 13.9 we sucked...maybe even worse than now (I'm not entirely sure tho, since I didn't PvP much back then).

I'm not logging onto my "main" anymore. Beeing parried at uniques or slaughtered in PvP without a chance of fighting back is not my idea of a good time.

Having fun with my trader tho.
    You say you know how it is to get nerfed Nothinman, and still you call for nerfs on other professions....I just don't get it.
    .......must be some weird Canadian-logic thing
    I accept that TMS reflecting 75% was too powerful and unbalancing, i accept that damage needed to be cut in half etc.. thus nerfing soldiers.

some classes need to see how powerful and unbalancing there nanos are as well. If i REAllY didnt like nerfs id be whining to get soldiers restored to there former status of pvp uber gods of 1+ years ago instead of trying to adjust some other classes on the forums.

who cares anyways.. do the occasional rantings of one guy on the forums mean anything to you or FC?
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

thought id give the old MA a run yesterday, felt good to be playing the char I played for almost a year again. Went to camelot for a raid, laggy as hell on the charge I got thru the box killed a clanner running for his life and managed to hit the lair to heal. Killed another MA down there.. thinking w00t that wasnt so bad..... go into sneak mode.. bamm nice bright green enf shows up... heres where things go wrong brain sees green thinks score I can kill that... WRONG I got the slap in the face I should have stayed hiding till an mp showed up ... sigh.. I loaded up at Trade again, collected my crap.. logged out.

Ahwell.. I'll just log him on now for things where the teams could use a crit buff ie at OE spawns.. where all I shall be, like in the old UVC days.. a crit buffing whore.

At least all the classes have been bosted atleast once beofre nerfed. Well all BUT NTs, we have been nerfed well over 60 times (theres a list on our forums) and we have gotten what in return? A anti GA nuke that we didnt want, that instead of being a first of a few fixer has turned the whole board against us in a we hate NTs, lets nerf them they can actually do some damage to 1 profession now, that is unacceptable, they are suppoused to be taret practise. Uhhh lets not forget about our uber anti root nanos, that are curently uncastable. At lvl 195+ a NT cant cast the QL 135 anti root nano, wow great fix.

What else, Oh oh I know our mega super unbalanceing nano programming buffs, of which only 1 has been found, the otherone, also uncastable selfbuffed hasnt ever been found. What else, NS1 and 2, uber nanos that are about as easy to find as the end of the rainbow, wooow great fix.

So how about giving us some love first, as has been promised time and again.

Don´t quit Nalle... we need u

and to mention the subject of the topic. I´m a doc, I´ve never had alot of problem with MAs... untill this patch. You just have to change your way of playing I think... play more like MAs than River 9 using soldiers.

Example: Aimed shot with bow, get 1 crit in ( I guess that´s the tricky part), brawl.... stun me so I can´t heal, Dimach.... dead doc...

I know it´s aint easy, and I know fights never get as they planned (for me neither), and it shouldn´t , but it´s possible. I´ve killed every singel doc I´ve dueled, but has got owned by a MA.

Just wanna mention tho that I just started PvPing and haven´t got that much experience yet
    Healflamer 220 doc proud ex member of Tranquility
    Rapidbrawl 220 ma proud ex member of Tranquility
    Rapidbraw1 220 ma proud member of Punk

I do feel sorry for ma's....a bit.Spend alot of time at arena and from what I have seen ma's not that bad in pvp just yesterday I seen a lvl 190 ma kill a lvl 180 odd trader in a very short time not many people can do that.All it looks like to me is that MA's are P'd because they cant own everyone in pvp with Uber crits 0f d0000000m anymore, think you guys should all go out and try a mp,nt or even a engi

I do beat ma's must admit but then i did before the nerf patch.Once a MA gets big NR tho mps dead V a ma

I prepare myself for the flames
    Still here

Cryer,

I'm not flaming you. Your post is fairly reasonable. The problem right now is that I can't win ONE pvp fight with my MA to save my ***. I almost beat an enforcer 10 levels below me (I'm 134). But my bugged Flower of Life screwed me up and I was back at the reclaim terminal. After that, I couldn't get another shot at the enforcer 'cause all his buddies were around mass pvping me. (Boy, that's a lot of fun too.) And during our fight, I only had ONE crit. Really doesn't make a lot of sense considering I was running Vunerability Seeker which is a 13% crit boost. Other than that, all other pvp'ing takes place with me rooted and unable to attack the opponent. I sit there and try to heal as they blast the **** out of me. Doesn't work well. Believe me. I have retired from PVP for now.

I will be the first to admit that my implant and skill setup is for PVM and not PVP. (I am secretly training an agent and a trader for pvp...bwhahaha!)

I do see your point allthough you done well, if mps pvp a ENF we are genrally dead in 4 hits.Maybe your at a bad lvl for a MA? cant comment because i dont have one.I have seen ma's still beat enfs tho but at lvl 180 + so maybe you got hope yet .I pvp'd a ENF 20 lvls lower than me and he still would of killed me in 5 hits if he hadnt of stopped.Nukes dotn land, stun doesnt work v a ENF.
    Still here

Originally posted by Cryingfreeman
    I do see your point allthough you done well, if mps pvp a ENF we are genrally dead in 4 hits.Maybe your at a bad lvl for a MA? cant comment because i dont have one.I have seen ma's still beat enfs tho but at lvl 180 + so maybe you got hope yet .I pvp'd a ENF 20 lvls lower than me and he still would of killed me in 5 hits if he hadnt of stopped.Nukes dotn land, stun doesnt work v a ENF.
    I've beaten a number of very skilled Enfs... I dare say I could NOT beat them if I had not been outside buffed, but then... they agreed to the duel, and they too were outside buffed.

MPs do not have the toolset to make them as viable at PvP as other proffessions out there. However, if well played vs the opposition, an MP *can* kill. The only exception being the Trader (sorry, not an intentional nerf cry, but y'all take away both of my means at offense, and if you so desire, can take away my defense as well). I will however throw in a disclaimer on here that my Mass PvP experiences are quite limited.

**Edit: and to keep this post in the spirit of this thread, I do support some sort of love for the MAs in PvP (y'all still own PvM) such as another increase in base dmg (PvP only, if possible) or possibly another supplemental crit nano (short term nano such as an anima) to bring their ability up to par with what it *should* be.
    Last edited by Demonsguile; Dec 14th, 2002 at 01:50:30.
    Demonsguile 204 MP HYDRA General
    Korrupshun 147 Trader (The MP anti-thesis)
    Renown 104 Enf (King of the Ring, before OE patch)
    Bloke 76 Keeper
    -He who angers you, conquers you.
    -Those who complain the most, do the least.
    -Goals are not made to be attained or achieved. They are made to be surpassed.
    Originally posted by Sallust
    They can't show us new pets because they have better things to do then camp for the items

You have beat a lvl200 ENF with a mp dam im doign something wrong.
    I only pvp self buffed probally part of my problem

I still cant see a mp beating a enf even with outside buff's.A ENF will scare pets off and then thats it your dead.If stun would land on a enf more then mps would stand much more of a chance but as it is at the moment a ENF with rage running wielding a QB...or even a beam seriously owns a MP.

I am not saying i dont win PvP was really just saying the lack of fun for mps gettign own by enfs so quickly,applies to solds to.

Been trying some mass PvP and well I dotn think this place is really for MP's,what normally happens is I land NS on a few people then get my ass wipped probally helps at getting docs I suppose,maybe if pets actually did pvp damage? anyway I am ranting on here and gone completly off topic!

Had a team of four in mass pvp today,3 where attacking a trader inc myself.he debuffed all 3 of us and we couldnt kill him...that was 1 150 mas a 183 ma and me surely this a sign of being slighlty over powerd???? once i was debuffed I didtn land a single shot on him much the same for the ma's ;p Not that it matters because I will go make myslef a ENF or Trader like everyone else..it seems that is what funcom want us to do.
    Still here

Give MA's more resistance to roots. Upon a Wave suxx0r so does the Kits. Atleast against me when I'll chain root your ass for an hour
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Originally posted by Jamespond
    Ehm go play a MP... then u will find out why this class is all forgotten... when did u last see a MP? GL finding someone to buff u mochams...

I dunno if MAs are as gimped as u say u are, but if u are then do as every MP did... play a fixer or NT...
    try a crat! You CANT compare with a crat, Man!!! =P
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%