Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MAs needs a FIX badly !!!!!

grab a number, go to the back of the line. NEXT! grab a number, go to the back of the line. NEXT!
    Oryl - 143 Trox MA... Troxxoration(™) Get-up.

bump

- it would be nice with a fix, instead of getting the old /ignore from FC. also understand that any Engi out there feel the same
    All men, and all women are stars

welcome to the world of the NT. No love patch ever, no response on our boards, endless nerf, but no fixes, insane reqs on aything new we get, insanely hard to get items that boost us just by a little little bit.

hiyas Nalle.. ya know I think your cool and everything, but seriously... MAs have it EASY PvM hell i dare say they are the best for it second only to GA4 fixers.
    as far as PvP is concerned... well too bad you cant kill everything that moves anymore! welcome to the world of everyone else..
    ask Crats, MPs and NTs if they think they are uber for PvP...

you kinda brought it upon yourselves anyway...

Martial Artists with River series 6 or other crit reliant non-bow weapons was not meant to be a viable choice i think..
    Last edited by Zerpentor; Dec 11th, 2002 at 16:05:09.
    -------------------------------------
    Zerpentor lvl 213 Enforcer
    Lequack lvl 201 MP
    Ziele lvl 180 Soldier

For PvM, MA's are still a major damage dealer. Even with full drains going I am usually outdamaged by an MA in a team mission (got DamageDumper running). Yeah, I am a trader and while they might be great in PvP (wouldn't know since I almost never PvP - I just feel sorry for people after doing a plunder/divest) traders are not that great in PvM at higher lvls.

For those of you with lots of trader hate, please nerf me - finish wiping out the rest of the trader play base. The only reason I can image Funkycom not doing it yet is cause they want to leave trader in as a common target for haters. That way they don't have to fix any of the other issues that would come up once people got past traders.

Oh, CZ, could you ask the developers to please fix the drain exploit? It would probably help PvP since right now those who know the exploit effectivly ignore Nano Resist, which does work if the exploit is not used.
    If at first you dont' succeed, reload.

If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, loot it.

Talking

MA nerf has allways been a good joke... MA asking for Fix are the best comic...

MA's do great in PvM. Nothing is needed there except a few tweaks (like all professions need/want).

MA's in PvP is another ballgame.... after 14.6 we are the weakest PvP profession, and I'll stand by that statement.

MA's never killed everything that moved in PvP, we were perhaps in the top 3rd of the PvP ranking on average. Now, we're firmly attached to the buttom. What we're asking for is some form of damage compensation for the crit reduction in 14.6 (it hurt MA's a lot more then other professions) and our vunerability to roots turned into a permaroot.

Martial Artists with River series 6 or other crit reliant non-bow weapons was not meant to be a viable choice i think
    Guess what? A Manex MA will do better then a MA MA in PvP. We're broken and need a PvP fix asap. If you object to that thought, then please go and duel a MA and see what damagedealing machines we are post 14.6.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Originally posted by tojo69
    - it would be nice with a fix, instead of getting the old /ignore from FC. also understand that any Engi out there feel the same
    Where FC keeps ignoring the engi is pet pathing. As far as PVP, I think they're inclinded to leave them where they are, seeing as how they're superior in tradeskillz more than most other proffs, with exception of a nanomage trader maybe. Dont forget Fotik. There are a select tiny few that can not only pvp, but make loads of money off their tradeskills. And who cares that much right now, least an engi can kill an MA now.
    Last edited by Stongrel; Dec 11th, 2002 at 17:26:12.

Originally posted by Halestorm
    welcome to the world of the NT. No love patch ever, no response on our boards, endless nerf, but no fixes, insane reqs on aything new we get, insanely hard to get items that boost us just by a little little bit.
    Yeah, right. I'd like to be able to kill a single sub-profession in 6 seconds flat. Keep up the good work, if you can pull the wool over Funcom's eyes, you'll soon be killing every profession in 6 seconds.
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

Originally posted by DaveDread
    MA's in PvP is another ballgame.... after 14.6 we are the weakest PvP profession, and I'll stand by that statement.
    At least MAs can kill fixers who either do not have or are not wearing Grid Armor. You may laugh, but it's true.
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

Just because we can, after finding a certain rare nano ona random outdoor boss, kill a certain profession in a certain armour that is good against other professions, doesnt mean that we are in anyway working in all other areas. Wohoo we are 1% functionable, since we can kill GA fixers, oh no wait thats uber, NERF NTs. How foolish of FC, we can actually hurt someone now, hope we dont get sued.

With almost continual MA tweaks and additions over the past 6 months....

When everyone and thier mother had MA alts and the shopping channels were spammed with people looking for claws and suits....

When MAs with assault rifles and shotguns, scopes and crit buffs were owning PvP...

When 60% of the players looking for teams were MAs.....

When one single profession was so completely dominant in PvE and PvP you had to know a nerf was coming.

I'm sure that fist damage in PvP will get tuned up slightly but at least now MAs know how it feels to be mediocre in one aspect of the game.
    Keep your signature to an absolute maximum of 8-10 lines, normal text size, and don’t overdo the colors and smileys. This is to prevent signatures from taking the focus away from the posts / threads. Extreme signatures will be deleted.

You guys are EXECPTIONAL PvM. You need a bit of tweaking PvP, but so does anyone else. I think you really need to quit whining and let other classes get fixed.

you little wanker.

It isn't the MA profession that is broken, it is the game itself.

Let's see....

NF Range Capped at 40m - NT Nerf
    Damage cut in half but healing still full - Nerf to all cept docs, advs, and MAs
    Reflect Bracer nerf - Global Nerf
    50% reduction to crit chance - Nerf to MAs, Agents and all the players who depended on crit damage.
    40% single attack cap - Nerf to Soldiers, Agents, and anyone else with a weapon capable of a 10k special.

They've nerfed, they've nerfed, and they've nerfed. All of the professions think that they're broken, yet it is easy to see that PvP in this game is still very much in need of tweaking.
    .: Naraya :.

What FC means is you need to get a Queen Blade and have breed/profession surgery into, hint, hint, maybe Atrox, maybe Enforcer, to be viable in PvP these days...
    TOMTEMOR

Quit whining, there's nothing wrong with the MA profession that cant be equally applied to almost anybody else. In stead of crying for help go out an do something about your toon and accept that your days of glory may be over.. No loss to the rest of us, who may never have seen such.
    Hammerr
    member of Tigre Claw

Also Kenih (trader), Rujin (doc), Vargas (keeper), Haimatzu (MA)

Bump for MA's (only bumping for them as it is a MA thread).
    Alantria 203 Fixer Squad commander/Recruiter of Eternal Fury

Originally posted by Naraya
    It isn't the MA profession that is broken, it is the game itself.

Let's see....

NF Range Capped at 40m - NT Nerf
    Damage cut in half but healing still full - Nerf to all cept docs, advs, and MAs
    Reflect Bracer nerf - Global Nerf
    50% reduction to crit chance - Nerf to MAs, Agents and all the players who depended on crit damage.
    40% single attack cap - Nerf to Soldiers, Agents, and anyone else with a weapon capable of a 10k special.

They've nerfed, they've nerfed, and they've nerfed. All of the professions think that they're broken, yet it is easy to see that PvP in this game is still very much in need of tweaking.
    + Ranged Weapon Range Capped at 40m: Agent Nerf
    Malcom Silenzium Fecat, Clan Finalizer on DNW (RK3)

Originally posted by HammerR
    Quit whining, there's nothing wrong with the MA profession that cant be equally applied to almost anybody else. In stead of crying for help go out an do something about your toon and accept that your days of glory may be over.. No loss to the rest of us, who may never have seen such.
    I'll explain what happened in 14.6 again.
    * Crit % was halved in PvP.
    * Roots were made much more powerful.

This affected 1 professions far more then others: MA's.
    Why then? Whats all the fuzz? Everytime you team with a MA in a Broken Shores mission they are all uber and stuff right? Then step into the PvP arena and fight a little PvP the the MA in question. Very likely you will win with a surprised grin on your face. That's the core issue and it does not affect every other profession. All other professions can adapt. Now, MA's can adapt to the roots as much as a melee adv as an example, but MA's are simply designed to crit a lot. Our entire arsenal of weapons and means of damage is focused on crits. We don't have any non-crit reliant weapons and thus we are teh sux in PvP right now. We're supposed to be fast hitting critting damage machines, that's all we do... so don't tell us to pick up a Queen blade or a Manex. We're Martial Artists and wanna fight Bruce Lee style, not be enforcers/soldiers with ultralow attack rating.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast