Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a cap on % nano cost reduction?

Is there a cap on % nano cost reduction?

I was wondering if there was a cap on % nano cost reduction. The reason is kind of obvious, I guess: if someone were to acquire enough items, they could possibly get the reduction to 100%, which would make nanopool useless. Here is what I'm thinking:

gaily painted hood = -15% cost
    ql 200 faded cluster = -1 %
    ql 300 faded cluster = -2%
    ql 200 bright cluster = -2%
    ql 300 bright cluster = -3%
    ql 200 shining cluster = -2%
    ql 300 shining cluster = -5%
    breastplate of azure reveries = -10%
    ql 200 hardcore cpu upgrade = -15%
    enhanced ncu chip with recompiling core = -1% (can wear up to five, I suppose, with the hardcore cpu upgrade)
    (MP only) mocham's guard = -10%
    (MP only) bitis striker = -3%
    (MP only nano) mocham's neural-interface web = -24%
    (NT only nano) izgimmer's obfuscated recompiler = -28%

This is a list of nano-cost reducing items, etc. that I thought would be relevant to stack. Let me take these from the list:
    gaily painted hood + ql 300 faded cluster + ql 300 bright cluster + ql 300 shining cluster + 5 enhanced cpu chips + ql 200 cpu upgrade + breastplate of azure reveries + bitis striker + mocham's guard + mocham's neural-interface web =
    -15 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 10 - 15 - 5 - 10 - 3 - 24 = -87% nano cost.

This is from an MP. As you can see, this is not -100%; however, it is staggering. Add the best NT humidity extractor, and the MP could expect to basically never run out of nano energy, without using nano kits or even first aid, EVEN IN AN INFINITELY LONG FIGHT (I could be wrong). At any rate, anyone who has been able to get this, I commend you.

Does anyone know if there is a cap? Does anyone know of any other items that might add to nano cost reduction? This is something that has been on my mind for a long time, but I never got around to asking. Thanks for any replies!
    Last edited by Tyndareus; Dec 10th, 2002 at 20:11:41.

Obfuscated isn't selfonly, which would lead to an MP with a 91% reduction, not 87.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

You're right. Editing post. Heh, how did I get that wrong? All I ever played was an NT.

There's probably no cap, but the last I knew, you couldn't have a QL 300 implant only a QL 220.

Also, I think the breastplate of spiritual rites is only -2% cost, but for some reason I think I might be mistaken and have it confused with azure reveries.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

I put the azure reveries armor in my list, not the spiritual rites breastplate...I checked to make sure, and the rites plate has a -2 cost, as opposed to the reveries' -10 cost (so the reveries is what you want to wear to reduce cost).

As for the implants...I put ql 300 implants into my calculation to get to the maximum cost reduction possible, even though they can't be worn. If we take only ql 200 implants...let me see...it goes down to a maximum -86% reduction.

Yeah.

Not that that is a huge difference, effectively speaking. Throw in some nano delta clusters and you'd probably never get below half nano, ever. Without HE.

Now I think I need me a GPH and that azure plate doohickey

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

The max NCU for Enhanced NCU Chip with Recompiling Core is +24. QL90 is the highest. Anyone able to equip the rest of the items you mentioned would be horribly gimped if they had 5 QL90 NCU chips in just for 5% nano cost reduction, so I wouldn't count those.

Gaily Painted Hood isn't easy to get. Note I don't have one and I go to Camelot quite often.

To my knowledge, 1 person on Atlantean has the Breastplate of Azure Reveries.

I don't think the cost reducing nanoclusters are actually dropping, and if they are, they're about as hard to come by as the above two items.

Keep in mind a fight will not be infinitely long for an NT because they have no healing. It's also easy for most professions to outdamage an MP's healing from Belamorte. If a Doctor were able to achieve that high of a cost reduction, then yea, I can see that being a problem.

But, for those who actually do get all of these very difficult to find items, get the clusters put into implants and equipped, and get nanocost reducing buffs from an MP or NT, they probably deserve the outrageously high cost reduction.

It gives far to high percentage reduction, making nanopool a mute point. It has to be nerfed like reflect was. Best nanoreduction + nano regen imps / HE and ppl never run out of nano.

Originally posted by Myga
    It gives far to high percentage reduction, making nanopool a mute point. It has to be nerfed like reflect was. Best nanoreduction + nano regen imps / HE and ppl never run out of nano.
    On the other hand, when was the last time a soldier actually ran out of ammo mid-battle...

On the other hand, how many times has a soldier killed a doctor when he/she never ran out of nano...
    ~Chris

These 2 do not stack.
    NT overwrites Meta.
    Keep your signature to an absolute maximum of 8-10 lines, normal text size, and don’t overdo the colors and smileys. This is to prevent signatures from taking the focus away from the posts / threads. Extreme signatures will be deleted.

Originally posted by Megabio
    On the other hand, how many times has a soldier killed a doctor when he/she never ran out of nano...
    ~Chris
    How many times has a doctor killed a soldier who didn't just stand there and let them, regardless of ammo or nano?

i actually have a -nancost cluster, it reqs like 1400 QP to combine tho, so i dont think itll ever happen :/
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Re: Is there a cap on % nano cost reduction?

Originally posted by Tyndareus
    I was wondering if there was a cap on % nano cost reduction. The reason is kind of obvious, I guess: if someone were to acquire enough items, they could possibly get the reduction to 100%, which would make nanopool useless. Here is what I'm thinking:

gaily painted hood = -15% cost
    ql 200 faded cluster = -1 %
    ql 300 faded cluster = -2%
    ql 200 bright cluster = -2%
    ql 300 bright cluster = -3%
    ql 200 shining cluster = -2%
    ql 300 shining cluster = -5%
    breastplate of azure reveries = -10%
    ql 200 hardcore cpu upgrade = -15%
    enhanced ncu chip with recompiling core = -1% (can wear up to five, I suppose, with the hardcore cpu upgrade)
    (MP only) mocham's guard = -10%
    (MP only) bitis striker = -3%
    Gaily Hood = -15%
    ql300 Implants = -10% (for the sake of argument)
    Azure Breastplate = -10%
    ql200 CPU Upgrade = -15%
    Mocham's Guard = -10%
    Wixel's Notum Python = -8% (MPs say you can dual the 2HB weapon and 1HB shield)
    Izgimmer's Recompiler = -28%

15+10+10+15+10+8+28 = 96%
    That's without equipping the Enhanced NCU Chips with Recompiling Core.

If we limit the MP to self-buffing and ql200 implants, then it's 87%.

With HE, Nano Delta implants, or both, yes, I imagine it'd be nice to chain Evocation & nukes forever and a day. If they could get the items together, good on them
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Well, let's look at what ppl would realistically would be wearing:

Gaily hood 15%
    Azure Breastplate 10%
    NCU upgrade 15%
    Izzys Recompiler 28%

Which makes 68%. A doc with all this & HE would never run out of nano. Especially with nano regen imps, which can be rolled as mission rewards. Not saying there's anything wrong with that.
    Obit lvl 218 Soldier (Field Marshal)

A MP can get maximum of -97% NPCost with these items:

Gaily Painted Hood 15%
    Breastplate of Azure Reveries 10%
    Enhanced NCU Chip with Recompiling Core x5 5%
    Wixel's Notum Python 8%
    Mocham's Guard 10%
    Hardcore CPU Upgrade 15%
    NT Recompiler 28%
    QL200 Implants 5%

Then add a QL250 DNA-Stunning Pulse Turret which gives -6% NPCost, you will have -103% NP Cost.
    Last edited by Golestandt; Dec 18th, 2002 at 22:53:04.

I want that breastplate
    Velveeta - The best atrox doctor on Rubi-Ka 1!
    Aiboforcen - A change of pace..
    Shikhi - The return!

Digital Gunfire - Music to level by.

Originally posted by Wal
    i actually have a -nancost cluster, it reqs like 1400 QP to combine tho, so i dont think itll ever happen :/
    1400? What the hell are they smokin?
    .: Naraya :.

Originally posted by Chrysaor
    A MP can get maximum of -97% NPCost with these items:

Gaily Painted Hood 15%
    Breastplate of Azure Reveries 10%
    Enhanced NCU Chip with Recompiling Core x5 5%
    Wixel's Notum Python 8%
    Mocham's Guard 10%
    Hardcore CPU Upgrade 15%
    NT Recompiler 28%
    QL200 Implants 5%

Then add a QL250 DNA-Stunning Pulse Turret which gives -6% NPCost, you will have -103% NP Cost.
    At 97%, that would make Mid Quake Cost 12 nano wouldnt it?
    The last creation nano (1708 cost) would take 52 nano to cast? I suck at math.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast