Thread: Fix Requirements on New NT nanos

Fix Requirements on New NT nanos

Rend Constraints

Description When executed, this nano program shortens the duration of any Root nano currently affecting the nanotechnician. The duration of any such nano will be reduced by 95 seconds.
    Flags Modified Description, Default Target
    Patch 14.71
    Icon
    Crystal NanoCrystal (Rend Constraints)
    QL 139
    NCU 35
    Nanocost 548
    School space
    Duration 0s
    Attack time 7.5 s
    Recharge time 2 s
    Range 1 m
    Requirements psycho mod >= 850
    time and space >= 850
    level >= 135
    profession == nano-technician

Well, this is the earlier version of this nano, but I can tell you that it will be almost impossible to use this nano at level 135...as I can't use it at level 198.

Here is a crat version of the nano with much better requirements considering the effectiveness of the nano as well:

Name NanoCrystal (The Prerogative of Mobility)
    Description Nano Crystal - When executed, this nano program shortens the duration of any Snare nano currently affecting the target. The duration of any such nano will be reduced by 960 seconds.
    Flags Visible, Modified Description, Tell Collision, Has Energy
    Can Carry, Use, Eat
    Patch 14.71
    Icon
    Type misc
    QL 137
    Value 725607
    Requirements sensory imp >= 844
    time and space >= 769 0
    level >= 135
    profession == bureaucrat

THIS IS A JOKE FUNCOM, DO YOU HATE US NTs THAT MUCH??? you give us new nanos as "fixes' and forgot to add that "Nice nanos, pity that you can't ever use em". Keep in mind that you should be able to use thise once you are past level 135...should be more like 210. Same with Sunder Constrains, Izgimmer's Transposed Restrains, etc.

Please remind your fancy item developers that NTs do not have ability to boost our main skills. Perhaps after that we start seeing justifiable items.
    Last edited by North; Dec 10th, 2002 at 06:25:07.

First off.. those aren't even 2 of the same nano type. One is a root reducer, one is a snare reducer.

Second.. crats have blue TS, not green.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Originally posted by Rebbeca
    First off.. those aren't even 2 of the same nano type. One is a root reducer, one is a snare reducer.

Second.. crats have blue TS, not green.
    Booya

Regardless, my argument still stands. Perhaps they should revisit crat requirements as well. And btw with any of these nanos, it doesn't matter what colour your skill is. All that matter is that what does it cap at. I can certainly say that neither PM or TS aren't NTs implantable nanoskills...

Also, you get to reduce a lenght of nao 960 seconds...we only 95 seconds. ..albeit its snare vs root. Both are achieving similar effect...restricting your movement.

This is not profession related, it's the new funcom policy that noone except traders and mp's should be able to selfuse their nanos. IT's stupid, but it's intended. Then again Blackmane is also stupid but somewhat intended it seems. Sorry for being rude, but I have no patience with mr mane anymore

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Originally posted by North

Also, you get to reduce a lenght of nao 960 seconds...we only 95 seconds. ..albeit its snare vs root. Both are achieving similar effect...restricting your movement.
    Well that's cause roots last for 4-5min max and snares last 20min+ max.

Originally posted by eaze
    This is not profession related, it's the new funcom policy that noone except traders and mp's should be able to selfuse their nanos. IT's stupid, but it's intended. Then again Blackmane is also stupid but somewhat intended it seems. Sorry for being rude, but I have no patience with mr mane anymore
    Eaze is smart
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Its sad. We aren't even supposed to be able to take a leak without MP or trader around. Or some other professions buffing our weapon skills etc.

What fun is the play a game where a nano that is requiring you to be at a level 135 to be able to use it, but you can't actually use it even at the level 200.

I know this is not profession specific, but at least some professions have had ability to use those nanos.

I just can't think of way of using Lick of the Pest, Sunder Constrains, or Izgimmer's Transposed Restrains. These nanos have skill requirements that aren't on this planet.

If I would be able to use Lick of the Pest along with Corruption of the Pest and also a weapon that does chemical damage...I just might become a viable profession. Sad that it is IMPOSSIBLE withing current game dynamics to use Lick of the Pest.

Not only should you not be able to self-buff your nano's (too much fun isn't good for you), they are also based on the Shadowlands skill budget, which we do not have. Wait for shadowlands if you want to use new nano's.

Here is the kicker, when shadowland comes out they'll add even newer nanos that are based on the shadowlands budget PLUS outside buffs....

/me can't wait to see requirements hit 1300+

Btw North, a de-snare nano will not do anything at all to a root nano and vice versa with de-root on snares. NTs, Traders have de-root other nanos. Fixer has de-snare others. Only the bureaucrat has both.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Anyone else also notice that when they launched Notum Wars they made it so any tower that can possibly buff matter creation or t&s is tradeskill only? While the other 4 skill lines are freely available up to ql250.
    NT's are Gods. No really we are. What are you lot laughing at???

Level 220 Clan NT. Proud member of JVC

My equipment

Originally posted by Kopo
    Anyone else also notice that when they launched Notum Wars they made it so any tower that can possibly buff matter creation or t&s is tradeskill only? While the other 4 skill lines are freely available up to ql250.
    Not exactly.. there are MC/TS guardians but can only be gotten through tradeskills. Still a major hassle and an obvious slight towards NTs and pet users.
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

-Aldous Huxley

Originally posted by Kopo

did u expect nething less?

name one good peice of nt equipment that isnt one of 3 things

1) trade skill only
    2) heavily camped and needs awesome group of 20 + 175 + players
    3) a combination of the first 2

i could understand this if and only if we were super uber dmg dealers with that equipment but as it stands i am 185 and still can not self cast kels, i am 50 away in mc, maybe once i can get all 200 imps in (cant get eye atm need it for treatment for rest of imps) and i get the rest of my lvels worth of raising mc i can

as i siad this would be ok with me if it droped players left and right but truth is it was written to do that and its been nerfed and it was alos written to do that before all of these other game changes

so what we have is an outdated nano that is still trade skill only and can only be cast at level 200 with out outside buffs that does crapola dmg has a huge rechare and is easily resisted

HMMMMMMM

can we make all other profs best guns/bows/fists/beams/whatever weapons the same way?

o wait they do not have to meet the reqs of thier weapons neway all they have to do is meet 80% inorder to use em as effecient as if they meet the reqs 100%

so say even iff a club had a 1hb skill of 1000 all the person has to do is get implanted buffed to 1000 and remain at 800 once its on inorder for it to work as if ity was stilll at 1000 unlike NT's and our weapons

this game is so heavily biased against NT's its scarry
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

SO theese nanos are made ala shadowlands, but they are ingame now....WHY THE HECK??? I mean shadwonlands, which looks cool and all, isnt due in a loooooooong time and I se no need to put in shadowland items in the game now, since noone can ever dream of using it, and it only causes upset among players. Please FC stop introducing stuff that are unusable AND most of all stop making everything related to the NT fall under the EXTREAMLY CRAZILY HARD SETTING.

You all realize if they ever do fix the NT nanos well then they BETTER fix the new usless Soldier Nanos. Yes Useless only decent one is the Full Auto. Shotgun Pffft, Seargants Knowledge pfft they dont even stack with our other buffs. Burst buff comes in handy for lower lvls. Again it doesnt stack with anything else we had gotten. None of the new ones stack. If you dont want to fix requirments then at least make them stack it will give us a reason to dump so much usless IP into something.

Its the Shadowlands skill budget. And now they've also got the tower buffs added to their argument. Well... For the few that will have access to them

Wink So you think you are unique, NT fix?

You think you are alone in this mess. Take Engineer, we cant use slayer without MP buff until lvl 195.

Req: ql 200 bot

MM 874
    MC 874
    TS 874

The first bot in this branch, ql 189 has the following requirement.

MM ~830
    MC ~830
    TS ~830

So imagine this, that all of u using gun start with your gun in your inv when u login and u has to scream for buff to wield it. Would u accept this?

Back to NT, i feel exactly the same frustration. I am lvl 160 Eng, i am using a nano which is crucial for solo mission, Enhance Aggression SubSystem, lvl req is 155. I have my skills all at 767 which is fairly ok, i could press it up little higher like 8 points with better implants but i know according to reliable source that next lvl or 2 i will hit my skill cap. The requirement for using this nano is 903 in MM,MV,TS.

I reacted upon this and i got the letter returned in which they kindly pointed out its not intented to work "self-only" of the nanos should be only aviable thru buff from other professions. Further they said they wouldnt proceed with this letter until i have attuned myself to a less "rough" language, it lessen my credibility they said.

FFS ppl, i am a customer, i like Sci-Fi, i pay em for each month for get something for my money. When I reached lvl 160 it suddenly struck me that i NEVER will be able to self cast my buff or transference until lvl 195. That pissed me off. Namely that i must every second ***** hour return to town and ask for buff. Its easy to lvl your char up to level 150, it will take a month or less to do this -well- its not fun but u can do it. I am nowadays satisfied with 2-3 level each week but i am starting to feel less interested so i decided to leve till i getting able to self cast which is the most annoying part as Engineer. So i have to wait til i am lvl 195? NO WAY! If FC doesnt resolve this soon i will quit this game.

/Frustrated and disappointed player

BUT we are according to the desription of pour profession: THE MASTERS OF NANOTECHNOLOGY....yeah right some masters that cant cast a lvl 135 nano at lvl 197....

Originally posted by besheba
    name one good peice of nt equipment that isnt one of 3 things

1) trade skill only
    2) heavily camped and needs awesome group of 20 + 175 + players
    3) a combination of the first 2
    NSI & II

Originally posted by Tium

NSI & II
    BZZZZZZ!! thanks for playing...

I believe these only drop in Disk form (IE tradeskills to make into crystals) and are camped by any yahoo who can find it, so that they can charge us NT's a gazillion creds for them.....
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008