Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14.7.5 DB Up! (Feel the Christmas spirit...)

14.7.5 DB Up! (Feel the Christmas spirit...)

New items can be found here:
    http://64.106.154.149/search.asp?Sea...%3D&ShowPage=1

Got some new shades, a new Engi leveling tradeskill item (QL 20-50), some hats, and some Christmas presents.

Although Funcom has attempted to be tricky with putting hash-coded SpawnItems for Christmas gifts, they use an unfortunately predicible labeling scheme...

While these are only "guesses", I would wager that:
    FUAR = Funny Arrow
    MOSU = Monster Sunglasses
    KAPR = Karlsson Propellor Cap

But, of course, it's up to you to decide...

-Jayde (who hopes the new shades look right on Opi males!)

OMG

WHEN DOES THIS COME OUT!? AND WHERE DOES THIS STUFF DROP!?
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

As posted on the test server patch notes:

General Changes:
    -Rubi-Ka is a desert planet. The days can get hot and sunny, while nights can get real chilly. A cloak, perhaps one of the new hats or a pair of sunglasses are types of gear you can wear to protect you against the climate. A new vendor is in town..

Playfield Changes:
    -New Dungeon: Will To Fight. Geared towards PvP gameplay. The dungeon contains three tunnels that come together in a central cave. The cave is called "Gnuff's Lair" after the creature that lives there. Gnuff has a crystal with special powers... Entrance to the new dungeon is in the old mining outpost east of Last Ditch in Stret West Bank.
    So, some of the shades (maybe the Arcanum ones), cloaks, and hats (maybe Straw Hat, Repairman's, Salesman's) looks like they'll be on a vendor. Test server folks should probably be able to confirm that.

Gnuffs 1 Minute Crystal of Rift Power looks like it will drop off the "boss" in the cave... If it's a PvP cave, the crystal would be pretty useful, as it randomly casts Shadow Rift stuff. (Basically the AO version of Quad Damage )

This is just from looking at the notes and DB... I'm heading home from work now, so I haven't had time to hop on testlive and try anything out myself. (And while it may be temping, I would urge folks not to spam the test server board asking questions about the items. )

BTW, while looking at the Rift nanos from Gnuffs item...I did get curious...

http://64.106.154.149/showitem.asp?AOID=162633

...as to why the effect conditionals go up to level 250?

-Jayde
    Last edited by Jayde; Dec 10th, 2002 at 05:23:53.

/me logs on to test as FAST AS SHE CAN.

When is this going live, and do you have any idea how expensive it will be?
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

YAY! I can't wait for my presents =)
    I wonder if its per toon or per account

Originally posted by Jayde
    Gnuffs 1 Minute Crystal of Rift Power looks like it will drop off the "boss" in the cave... If it's a PvP cave, the crystal would be pretty useful, as it randomly casts Shadow Rift stuff. (Basically the AO version of Quad Damage )
    [/B]
    When I saw the new dungeon, I actually thought it looks like a Quake or Counterstrike map :P

Just checked testlive, vendor sells;

Amber Arcanum Specs
    Ancarim Sun Tan Lotion
    Original Mentor's Straw Hat
    Rhysen's Carrier Cap
    Ruby Arcanum Specs
    Salesman's Hat
    Sapphire Arcanum Specs

Specs are 650k, lotion is 30k, strawhat and rhysen cap is 450k, salesman hat is 500k.
    Maybe engi hat is made with tradeskilling.

Jayde,

There seems to be a problem or two with your DB atm.

Firstly, the "Nanos" option under "Item Type" doesn't work. Selecting that, with no other changes, I'd be expecting a list of all nanos. It doesn't find anything, at all

Secondly, and I'm not sure on this one, but when I do a search on "Any Type" or "Misc", all the Construction Kits are still shown, even with the "Show Ignored Items: Construct Kits" box unchecked. Doing a similar search on the word "Hacked" doesn't produce any hacked grafts or such-like though, so I'm not sure if this one is intended or not.
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Re: 14.7.5 DB Up! (Feel the Christmas spirit...)

Originally posted by Jayde
    Although Funcom has attempted to be tricky with putting hash-coded SpawnItems for Christmas gifts, they use an unfortunately predicible labeling scheme...
    Might want to hide them from your db though, some people like surprises

Originally posted by Shatai
    Jayde,

There seems to be a problem or two with your DB atm.

Firstly, the "Nanos" option under "Item Type" doesn't work. Selecting that, with no other changes, I'd be expecting a list of all nanos. It doesn't find anything, at all

Secondly, and I'm not sure on this one, but when I do a search on "Any Type" or "Misc", all the Construction Kits are still shown, even with the "Show Ignored Items: Construct Kits" box unchecked. Doing a similar search on the word "Hacked" doesn't produce any hacked grafts or such-like though, so I'm not sure if this one is intended or not.
    Nano issue should be resolved. It was still indexing the data... I had to stop midway to head home, since it was getting late.

Construct Kits are showing temporarily due to a change I made to the indexing... Should be fixed soon.

-Jayde

Re: Re: 14.7.5 DB Up! (Feel the Christmas spirit...)

Originally posted by cold

Might want to hide them from your db though, some people like surprises
    Well, it does take some figuring out... hehe...

Not my fault Funcom didn't use GIFT, SNTA, and CLAS for them..

-Jayde

Smile

Must...obtain...Repairman's Hat. Another great update Jayde. Keep up the good work!

It's weird Salesman's hat is not Trader only item.

Too bad the Rift Crystal disappears after 1 minute upon being used :\

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

omg, wonder how I ever get my "Repairman's Hat" for my level 164 Engineer, but it's nodrop.... hmm, lets hope it doesn't drop in the newbie dungeon. If it does, I'm going to quit

edit: seems we have to get the "Transformed Salesman's Hat" and "Salesman's Hat" before we can make the "Repairman's Hat"
    Last edited by Krabbus; Dec 10th, 2002 at 12:20:37.

Never mind the rift crystal, what on earth is this?

Cheers,

~R~ <-- always wanted to be an airship pilot...

Zoftig Blimp is the trader that sells the hats and shades, but what the item is??

Well, I'd guess you buy a Salesman's Hat. do something to it to get the Transformed Salesman's Hat, then do something again to get the Repairman's Hat. Just need someone to figure out what the 'somethings' are... No real clues in the descriptions though... maybe a personalised robot brain for the last step? A screwdriver or hacking tool for the first? Sure someone will figure it out...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

The Zoftig Blimp "item" in the DB is actually his "shop"... There are a bunch of hashcode entires in the DB, but I hide them since it's mostly useless in that context.

Can tell by the:
    BuyModifier: 4
    SellModifier: 100

Maybe I'll see if I can doo soemthign constructive with it next dump.. Hehe

-Jayde
    Last edited by Jayde; Dec 10th, 2002 at 18:54:51.

Coords of the new vendor?
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

I Hope someone posts them for you
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Awesome stuff, finally some new glasses and hats! The glasses look funny, and I hope there's a cowboy hat!
    Kukulza proud unit member of Storm!!! - Equip - Perks
    Kuzap

K.U.K.U.L.Z.A.: Kinetic Upgraded Knight Used for Learning and Zealous Assassination

\m/ \m/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast