Thread: Tab to next attackable Opponent

Tab to next attackable Opponent

Well kind of difficult to explain. Most of us know that targeting a mob in a mission is quite difficult with the tab-key, if you have a teammember of the wrong faction.
    Well today, I have encountered another gameplay disturbing situation. Our base (ql150) got attacked. So we jumped to our base. There were not that much people around, say 15-25 or so. The first thing I usually do, is to blind my opponents, so I pressed 'tab' and cast, but ... PvP-lvl-limit, can't attack. I tab again .. same thing. Some will say, that I should use the mouse, to target my opponent... well I would, if the movement of the mousecursor wouldn't be that laggy and framerate dependand in those situations. And on top of that, you cannot always target an attackble opponent, because there is a crowd of low-lvls (or too highs) between you and your victim. Even tabbing until you get a 'good' target may be impossible. If lots of players of the other side do not stand and keep walking around, you'll tab to the same person several times.
    Even if low/highs will not be able to buff each other, they can disturb a fight by just beeing present. They cannot attack me or my tower, they can't do anything, but they are still there.

So please change the way 'tab' works. Or give us another key for that purpose. I want to select the next attackable opponent (mob/player), of course regarding gas, level and faction.
    Sihirbaz original level 200 NT of Die Neue Welt
    Proud member of Black Thorns

Yeah.

When in teams TAB should ignore your team mates.

When in a pvp zone TAB should ignore anyone you can't attack Eg too hirgh or too low.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

my single bump, i think.

i was screaming the whole time about this during first tower battle i was in too. having to: Hit Tab. Hit T, Hit Tab, Hit T, repeat... until i could find someone of my pvp range and that wasnt a neutral with me in the battle.

essentially if user is in your team, only a ctrl+tab should switch to them. i do feel there needs to be an option, somehow, to tab through pvp'able people in your area... maybe make a feature in options "Tab show PvP Opponents In 25% or less Gas"

heck.. maybe even if they could show someone's faction and lvl right below their name under their heath bar thats shown in top left of screen when you tab to them/click them. then i just hit tab alot till i see the right level range.

so far i think this is the only other "problem" with tower battles that must be ironed out. since apparently the healing/buffing problem is resolve and hopefully the teaming problems will be soon if not fixed in last patch.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Happend to me again... gray and green conning players who simply want to enjoy a nice war. I can't attack them, but I 'tab' to them, even when they are not in the PvP zone.
    I would like to do it, too. If I know of a lvl50 tower beeing attacked, I would go there simply watching a nice fight. I think that I wouldn't disturb those players, they wouldn't attack a deep red player anyway. But I am able to attack a green conning player, but not each of them.
    And get rid of this spam, too. If I have targeted a yellow player, and I cast a AoE-Nuke, than 'hundreds' of lines, telling me that I can't attack a player because of to low level doesn't help anyone at all.

Why not keep TAB the way it is, since some people like it, but make a new SHIFT-TAB function to only select things (players or mobs) that you can actually attack (non team, within your PvP range)

It is an acquired skill. I can TAB to PvP-able players by reading the con colour. Green is sketchy, I try to attack, if it fails I remember the name and move on. Anything above green is ok (I am 170, so I can fight 200).

Just remember the enemy have the same problem.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Hmmm, I don't know the new rules for team level range.
    Remembering the name isn't a solution, imho. Those players can change teams in middle of the fight (when none of the teammembers is in-fight), enabling me to attack them. Isn't that possible? If it's possible, then it's tactic. If it's tactic, then I want to know wether it's 'legal' or 'by design'.

its probabaly worth attacking everyone, cause usually people are teamed anyway
    Witeboog - Soldier RK2
    First to Pandemonium on RK2
    First into IS on RK2
    First into TOTW on RK2 First to 220 on RK2
    First to form an org on RK2 First to 200 on RK2
    First soldier with ql 200 Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    First omni on RK2 First post on forums
    First Grand Master on RK2
    First to PvP on RK2
    First to solo The Beast on RK2