Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HA HA at you

Talking HA HA at you

I just wanted to take a minute and gloat over anyone who bought NW, which from what I understand is like 90% of the players.

Why?

Because I didn't pay $20 extra or whatever NW is retailing for now, and missed out on great features like:

1. Towers which need to be defended almost all the time and chances are if anyone is really going to annihilate your base it's going to be while none of your guild is on, unless you're one of the lucky masses in a super-mega-huge-guild. You know, one of those guilds that invites anyone, and half of the members rode the short bus to school (or perhaps still do.)

2. New planes! Well, I'll admit, these are kind of cool. Kind of. Not worth $20 and the paint jobs pretty much suck. Some scantily clad metal bikni visor wearing freak chick or retarded muscle atrox that makes you look like a flaming homo being your options, I'd rather go with my good old pasty white yalmaha. And while we're on the subject of yalmaha paint jobs, what's with the orange? I can see someone was definately trying for red here and came just a few hues short. Maybe you have to get NW to get red and not orange. I know Norwegians all drive crappy little econo cars but here in America a few people still have huge roadsters, which those of you in Norway can see in vaious images about the web if you need insight. Flames, lightning, and various other elemental effects are nice, as well as gold and silver chrome. What you won't see is Mr.Atroxbeefcake and Ms.TinFoilBikini anywhere. RED makes things go faster. Orange just gives you your daily dose of vitamin C and prevents you from getting scurvy.
    On the other hand, the new cars are totally awesome. I'd pay $20 in a second for them, if they weren't cars. I still take the time to pause in flight when I see them racing along below at speeds that would be breakneck for slugs if slugs had necks, just to laugh at them and comment on their slowness using the shout command before buzzing them and blasting off.

3. Voices. When I heard about these, I like many other said "Wh04! 133+!" but being a frugal gamer that I am (read: stingy b*tch) I checked them out online first. Some are okay, especially as far as most of the solitus go. There's so few options of what to actually do with these voices however that they're near pointless. Oh sure, it's great fun to flood the guild chat with stupid things like "I need a medic!" when you're by yourself in the middle of one of those zones that no one goes into ever. However, the humor is quickly lost when someone asks you a question like, "hey, what's up?" and your reply is, "Affirmative!" or, "I need backup!"
    Such stupid responses to such normal questions usually get a special "/ignore %t" as my response, which I'm sure makes even less sense to them. Anyone who takes the time to type the command for these voices in battle is dead before they utter a syllable. On top of this the atrox sounds like someone's inbred hick/retarded relative that lives somewhere in some trailer park in Oklahoma. In short, another good and innocent idea led hopelessly astray by one of those scruffy AO designer's bad influences.

4. Getting the game I already own. I'm not sure on this one, but last I checked NW is packaged with a copy of Anarchy Online. Whoever thought, "Hey, maybe more people who already own this game will buy the expansion if they can get another copy of the game," was a true genius. A true genius in the same sense that a sock full of rocks is. Perhaps if this genius had been beaten about the face and neck a few more times with said sock full of rocks, he might've come up with something better to entice me into buying NW. Granted those just now buying into this great game save a few bucks. I pity them.

Am I bitter about NW? HELL NO! I love it! I love the XP side bonus especially, after FunCom just got done nerfing liberally anyone who leveled too fast just a few months ago. Now it looks like their attention is back on something pointlessly stupid like PvP where it should be, and I'm once again free to mindlessly level to my heart's content. Thank you FC!

(Sidenote: I think the acronym for PvP should be PnCnW; or Point and Click and Wait, since that's all it is. No one will go along with it though, something about using the word 'and' twice just throws the whole planet of Rubi-ka out of whack I guess.)
    Last edited by Ayvalen; Dec 10th, 2002 at 02:17:30.

quite true...

why did i buy this p.o.s. again?
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

i like the +30 AR/FA/burst, the extra HP and the +30 si/pm that let me selfcast OS without wasting implant spots ...

otherwise I was quite disqppointed when the NW box only contained a CD packed in paper and a small cardboard with chatcommands (!!!!!!!!) on it and a NW activation key...

Not even anything cool, could aswell put it up for download, and give out NW keys over credit card.... :/
    soldier Punkbum
    trader Punkbumm

LOL Ayvalen your post is hella funny!! I love the short bus thing. I actually thought about buying NW until I joined in a base raid. The gross lag was an instant mind changer. The only way I'll ever type in a NW key is if I happen to find the disk crammed in the package on a PC game magazine I buy AND if that happens before SWG releases. Because once SWG releases I like so so many others will be clicking the cancel button and never giving this game another thought.

{Moderator: edited for personal attack on FC employees}
    Last edited by Kaliopious (old); Dec 16th, 2002 at 23:25:57.

Humm
    Of course, SWG will be released without a single bug/exploit or problem wont it!!
    Of course it will, because I too come from the "perfect dream world" where new games are totally bug free.

Originally posted by RedSonja
    Humm
    Of course, SWG will be released without a single bug/exploit or problem wont it!!
    Of course it will, because I too come from the "perfect dream world" where new games are totally bug free.
    Of course it won't and I challange you to show where I stated it would. Oops you lose because you couldn't! One thing I'm SURE of is that SOE/Lucas Arts will do a much better job of fixing said bugs and exploits then Funcom does.

Once SWG releases, all the wannabe Jedi lamers and flamers will flock there.

And I'll happily be in a different game. Maybe AO. Maybe not. But save me from the absolute tools SWG will attract.

Oh, and to the poster; glad you didn't buy it. Nobody should buy something they won't enjoy. I'll buy NW when I get around to it, myself; after I have some time, in other words, and I hope to enjoy it.

Doesn't change the fact that you don't know a damn thing.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Damn Straight

*Hides tin foil bikini quick*

deleted my post so as not to scare myself

How did this get off topic onto SWG? I'm just saying NW is a waste if you're thinking about joining those who did get it, or those very sad few who preordered and are still waiting...

Well... correction. In a recent development, one good thing was finally pointed out to me, that the organization benifits now work.

I think it's time for one of those wavey flashback effects. I remember when (back when Jokka leaves were still legal in Rome so long as you only had an ounce on you) FunCom actually took those -out- of the game, because they were buggy or didn't work at all. Actually, most things didn't work right back then, but that's another rant from the past, and don't get me started on how FC considers pathing already fixed because of a half assed attempt around that same time.

And now (wavey effect back to present) if you pay $20 you can have a feature that was removed, fixed, and put back into the game (fine print: if your guild supports the skills you need). That sounds fair right? Take something that was in the game and charge players for it when the original code is finally fixed! Plus, make the benifit part of a endless cycle of pvp! I'm omw to the store right now, just as soon as I finish... uh... something. I'll find something better to do, you just wait and see.

FunCom, if you're going to charge money for patches, at least have some new features in them. Stuff that was clearly supposed to be a part of the released game (Yes, the original box says the game includes land control. Also it was supposedly added in a patch in November, two years ago, both times according to FunCom). Also, make sure the players have to buy all the previous 'boosters' to be able to use any future 'boosters', because the player base loves to be forced to buy crap just to stay up to date with their friends.

On a sidenote, the hats and shades are really nice. Seriously, I'm suprised something that cool made it into the game, but the idea has only been tossed around for like two, maybe three, years? And if you don't like the hats, you need to have your reclaim info scattered so you can come back as an eyemutant, because funny hats are the best thing ever. EVER!

I think I'm done.

I'd just like to point and laugh at the people who bought clam chowder this week because I think clam chowder tastes gross and I hate it and you must be retarded for eating that stuff and I win!! Yay!

*snooze*
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

ROFL

$20 Dollars US

My god 20 dollars ?

Buys: One bag peanuts salted in the shell
    One six pack Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
    One poker deck of cards
    One 7# bag of party Ice

Or

One AO NW's Booster Pack

Or

One Hooker at the Cottontail Ranch 50 Miles NE of Death Valley, Ca

AYVALEN ! get a damn job !

Lokgen RK2
    Last edited by Lokgen; Dec 13th, 2002 at 08:45:06.

Six pack... NW.. Six pack... NW.. Six pack.. NW... hmm..

I'll take the six pack please.

I'm happy that I can afford both a Sixpack and NW.

....and I still have money left for Shadowlands
    I AM Kantarell I AM Mbutu
    Techno-Wizard is the most fun to play!

Eh, read on the SWG boards and they are going for the 1 char on 1 server. Think that will change a lot of people's mind buying that game.

Originally posted by Unit99

Of course it won't and I challange you to show where I stated it would. Oops you lose because you couldn't! One thing I'm SURE of is that SOE/Lucas Arts will do a much better job of fixing said bugs and exploits then Funcom does.
    See here, the problem is that Unit99 doesn't remember Lum the Mad and his wife having to drive to Verant, sit down with Esther the Tester, and prove to her that tradeskills were broken before SOE/Verant said "Oh, this is broken".

As for fixing expoits, how many of EQ's current exploit fixes revolve around "Do it and be banned"?
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Originally posted by Ayvalen
    How did this get off topic onto SWG? I'm just saying NW is a waste if you're thinking about joining those who did get it, or those very sad few who preordered and are still waiting...

Well... correction. In a recent development, one good thing was finally pointed out to me, that the organization benifits now work.

I think it's time for one of those wavey flashback effects. I remember when (back when Jokka leaves were still legal in Rome so long as you only had an ounce on you) FunCom actually took those -out- of the game, because they were buggy or didn't work at all. Actually, most things didn't work right back then, but that's another rant from the past, and don't get me started on how FC considers pathing already fixed because of a half assed attempt around that same time.

And now (wavey effect back to present) if you pay $20 you can have a feature that was removed, fixed, and put back into the game (fine print: if your guild supports the skills you need). That sounds fair right? Take something that was in the game and charge players for it when the original code is finally fixed! Plus, make the benifit part of a endless cycle of pvp! I'm omw to the store right now, just as soon as I finish... uh... something. I'll find something better to do, you just wait and see.

FunCom, if you're going to charge money for patches, at least have some new features in them. Stuff that was clearly supposed to be a part of the released game (Yes, the original box says the game includes land control. Also it was supposedly added in a patch in November, two years ago, both times according to FunCom). Also, make sure the players have to buy all the previous 'boosters' to be able to use any future 'boosters', because the player base loves to be forced to buy crap just to stay up to date with their friends.

On a sidenote, the hats and shades are really nice. Seriously, I'm suprised something that cool made it into the game, but the idea has only been tossed around for like two, maybe three, years? And if you don't like the hats, you need to have your reclaim info scattered so you can come back as an eyemutant, because funny hats are the best thing ever. EVER!

I think I'm done.
    /me pours a half pound bag of sugar on Ayvalen...

Hmm...nope, still bitter
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

I don't really know what the big deal is, the booster is optional. People dont have to buy it and besides it's only $20!!

I'm a little bitter about FunCom trying to sell me what they said they were going to give me, yes. In any other business if someone said they were going to give you something, sold that product to you, failed to deliver, then tried to sell you that same item later for more money, wouldn't you be just a wee bit bitter?

Not that I'm going to allow that small fact to consume me. I just want to set the record straight for those people who bought Notum Wars. It overall isn't worth the money, unless you're some raving AO fanboy (or girl).

Also, please don't quote my entire post if you're just going to comment. It just takes up space, and if people aren't going to read all of my long posts to begin with, what makes you think they're going to read it a second time to catch your small comment down at the bottom.

Devlex, it may be optional, but at the same time parts aren't. I have no way of 'tuning out' all Notum War content now that it's part of the game. Towers are scattered just about everywhere, you can't go from one without seeing another on the horizon and there's still those rather nasty 'forced' PvP issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast