Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HA HA at you

Originally posted by Ayvalen
    I'm a little bitter about FunCom trying to sell me what they said they were going to give me, yes. In any other business if someone said they were going to give you something, sold that product to you, failed to deliver, then tried to sell you that same item later for more money, wouldn't you be just a wee bit bitter?

Not that I'm going to allow that small fact to consume me. I just want to set the record straight for those people who bought Notum Wars. It overall isn't worth the money, unless you're some raving AO fanboy (or girl).

Also, please don't quote my entire post if you're just going to comment. It just takes up space, and if people aren't going to read all of my long posts to begin with, what makes you think they're going to read it a second time to catch your small comment down at the bottom.
    You want courtesy when your entire purpose of posting was an attempt to:
    1. Make people that purchased the booster pack and are enjoying themselves look like fools for doing so?
    2. Make people that purchased the booster pack and aren't enjoying themselves more upset than they already are?
    3. Sling around insults at anybody and everybody that happened to be in visible range, worse than a 4 year old in the midst of a tantrum that makes the most devoted parent look at their partner and think "It's that jackass' fault I gotta put up with this"

/me dopes a 5 lb bag of sugar with Prozac and goes looking for Ayvalen...

That falls pretty much outside my definition of a 'little bitter'. Lemons are sweet compared to that.
    Last edited by Kuroshio; Dec 13th, 2002 at 23:54:09.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Originally posted by RedSonja
    Humm
    Of course, SWG will be released without a single bug/exploit or problem wont it!!
    Of course it will, because I too come from the "perfect dream world" where new games are totally bug free.
    You can expect lots of bugs, but at least they will be new bugs and not the year and a half old bugs and profession deficiencies that have been moaned whined about since AO was realesed and still haven't been so much as acknowledged.
    NutsnBolts 207 Engineer

Originally posted by Lokgen
    ROFL

$20 Dollars US

My god 20 dollars ?

Buys: One bag peanuts salted in the shell
    One six pack Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
    One poker deck of cards
    One 7# bag of party Ice

Or

One AO NW's Booster Pack

Or

One Hooker at the Cottontail Ranch 50 Miles NE of Death Valley, Ca

AYVALEN ! get a damn job !

Lokgen RK2
    I'll take the Cottontail Ranch Hooker (crabs and all ) any day over any thing funcom might spew out and try to charge extra for.

oh yea and /pet warp /pet warp /pet warp /pet warp /pet warp
    /pet warp /pet warp /pet warp /pet warp /pet warp /pet warp
    NutsnBolts 207 Engineer

Originally posted by NutsnBolts

You can expect lots of bugs, but at least they will be new bugs and not the year and a half old bugs and profession deficiencies that have been moaned whined about since AO was realesed and still haven't been so much as acknowledged.
    See above post about Unit99 not remembering Lum and Lum's Other Half's trip to Verant land. Or, if you're familiar with EQ, read some of the patch notes sometimes.

All software has it's bugs. All software will have bugs that will escape notice or even be ignored in lieu of more important bugs and ongoing development plans. If you think opposite, you're kidding yourself. After all, the operating system you're using has bugs in it from when it was a wee little Release Candidate

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Originally posted by NutsnBolts

I'll take the Cottontail Ranch Hooker (crabs and all ) any day over any thing funcom might spew out and try to charge extra for.

oh yea and /pet warp /pet warp /pet warp /pet warp /pet warp
    If you can't figure out by now how easily pet's warping on command would be exploited, then I dunno what kind of pet player you are. Evidently one that doesn't care if people exploit so long as they get what they want

Bitterness
    Ayvalen, will you marry me?

hmm...

I must agree with Kuroshio on this. Ya know i have played this game since beta4, and quite honestly, i still love this game and yes i bought NW and you know what if it was an empty box and just out there to get them more money i prolly would still buy it. I have numerous hours of enjoyment from AO its worth what i have paid to Funcom. Comments like Ayvalen's are just not needed. If you don't like the game, if you don't like the way Funcom does things if you don't like that they make mistakes, if you don't like AO cause you think your nerfed, then please do us all a favor and just leave. This forum is filled with crap like this, and worse. I can't believe the things people say.

If ya don't like it, don't play it!!

The funny thing here is, (A) Nobody but youself are logging your char's on to play the game, not to mention still pay the money to play the game. And (B) As for FC Promising you something and you not getting it only to be offered the same thing later on for more money, Welcome to the world of False advertising. FC is not by any means the first to do and sure won't be the last. Yes i'm the first to say this game has many issues that need to be met, But what i keep wondering is this, The people that are so quick to point out these issues on a daily basis with complaing, Do they think they really could do a better job at Creating and maintaining a game such as this, With out any major issues?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12