Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 14.7.5.0 on testlive

Omg this is sooo sweet, Sweet looking headwear and the Boss dungeon item that is actually a temp-pvp bonus item that only has a use in the pvp dungeon.
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

doooooood!!

The arrow through your head hat.

or

Propellor head time.

or

Whoohoo! Elton John sunnies.

Forget everything else I want those 3. When I saw those three I immediately thought of Atrox breed wearing them for some reason.

OMG it's for REAL!

And I love Gnuff's crystal, that's awsome a Quad at the middle of a PVP static!

Has anyone tested the new pvp teaming/fighting range thing?

I get this awful feeling it's going to slip through to live without being fully tested in tower battles. Especially battles at level 100-150ish towers where there are people participating on both sides between levels 90 and 200.

Exploit Wars, here we come.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Angry Idiotic patch??

Plz Fix MAs !!!!
    What is the cave use for if you even cant pvp ??
    WE NEED A FIX !!
    Picture of me in real life
    -Honing är gott-

Rejoice!

FC's first ever patch without a nerf!

Or is there more to come....
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by Stromm
    Rejoice!

FC's first ever patch without a nerf!

Or is there more to come....
    Err Stromm, that PvP change pretty much amounts to a huge nerf.

It'll hit every guild with towers that doesn't have every member within 20% of every other member's level.

Which basically means every guild that isn't restricted to 150+ toons only.

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

leaving the LC area would/should allow your lvl 5000 chat to buff the snot out of a lvl 1 char. it says nothing about debuffing in a LC area, i want to see what this does.

---

hats ARE a nerf. we'll be looking cool instead of having 30k extra ac. they are sneaky bastages.

Hats!...Shades!
    Horray!

Good job FC. Nice to see you don't only cater for the powergamers but still add "fun" content and stuff we can use in social situations

Originally posted by Thyrra
    leaving the LC area would/should allow your lvl 5000 chat to buff the snot out of a lvl 1 char. it says nothing about debuffing in a LC area, i want to see what this does.
    Yes, "C'mon everyone, let's leave the base we're defending to buff up. Oh no, there goes another tower! Hurry now, little defenders, they're... nevermind, base is gone."

It's better than a 150+ toon healing guildmates in a ql 50 tower battle...
    Goode 200 Nanotechnician
    Ionsphere 166 Martial Artist
    DrHandy 154 Doctor

Originally posted by Jynne
    Yes, "C'mon everyone, let's leave the base we're defending to buff up. Oh no, there goes another tower! Hurry now, little defenders, they're... nevermind, base is gone."
    nothing says you need to take all your forces out of the area to buff them all at once.

maybe having someone buffing people at reclaim or as they zone in; pvp grace period is supposed to be buff ok time right? if people aren't dying much they can zone out or move the the edge of the LC area and get buffed in small enough numbers to not affect the fight and still keep buffs going.

the alternative is that you go attack a level 10 tower with one level 13 char and increasingly higher level people to completely overwhelm the opposing side through higher numbers and levels so that the one person who can attack the tower has plenty of time, buffs, and healing to kill it. doesn't seem overly fair.

if there is to be an error, i saw let it be on the side of the underdog and make things more interesting.

Originally posted by Goode
    It's better than a 150+ toon healing guildmates in a ql 50 tower battle...
    Yup now you'll just have level 50 twinks(uberbuffed by their level 200 alts) slaughtering all the level 50 guilds. Nothing better than making sure the powergamers rule the world right? Wouldn't want any casual players to have a chance to hold onto anything would we?

the alternative is that you go attack a level 10 tower with one level 13 char and increasingly higher level people to completely overwhelm the opposing side through higher numbers and levels so that the one person who can attack the tower has plenty of time, buffs, and healing to kill it. doesn't seem overly fair.

if there is to be an error, i saw let it be on the side of the underdog and make things more interesting.
    Have you ever seen a level 50 character attack a level 50 twink with RRFE? The twink doesn't even have to return fire, the attacker will die from his own attacks being reflected back on him. In a tower battle this could happen faster than the lag would let them react to stop attacking.

The system simply breaks as you get towards level 100 and especially 125. Example One:

Level 125 pet user gets some nice implants, gets MC TS mochams, gets a wrangle. Pops out a level 200 pet.

Level 200 pet attacks level 150 tower.

Level 150+ defenders already can't attack the level 200 pet because of their owners' level. And now the level 150+ defenders can't even buff and heal the level 125ish people who'll have to try and kill off the pet or find and kill the owner who probably left the pvp suppression area already.

This system doesn't benefit any underdogs, Thyrra, it benefits people exploit it, and it benefits attackers. It benefits high level people who have the spare time to level up twinked out level 100-125 "support characters" who'll be quite able of causing serious damage to a QL 100-200 base, but are untouchable by the bulk of the defenders of that base.

And most 'normal people' orgs can't, and don't, have large bases over QL 150. This "fix" takes the "problem" of untouchable interference and dumps it squarely on the people in the middle.

You don't perform an acute appendectomy with a chain saw, but that is what Funcom is doing here.

And yeah.

I'll just get a highlevel adventurer to DS my level 13 twink before going to attack a QL 10 tower, and a high level fixer to HoT her. Yup. That's gonna be a real fair fight when they come to defend their controller. Especially in my snazzy Carbonum Armor that I squeezed on with implants and buffs so they'll be min-damaging me more than not.

Of course, a level 13 Clanner can't even get to a low level Omni zone, and vice-versa, so I'm not entirely sure how anyone is going to be attacking anything at that level without high level help already.

finally hats
    How about some Miniskirts that look like actual clothing, more dressy shoes, knee length skirts, basically some decent looking clothes?
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

the Christmas Gift makes me think maybe this goes live soonish
    Taisha Lanowel Sedy
    Conquistador Coffe Inc
    The Leading Purveyor of Fine Coffees to Rubi-ka
    home to...
    The Rubi-Ka Boook of Haiku

Im still hopin for the day they Can let us Sheath weapons..(Bump if ya got em http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...?threadid=9408 )
    Viro
    [200]-[Neutral]-[Adventurer]-{RK1}
    Game first !!! 200 Neutral!!!6-16-02

Originally posted by Viro
    Im still hopin for the day they Can let us Sheath weapons..(Bump if ya got em http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...?threadid=9408 )
    Woot! That was actually the ONLY think I l iked about Dark Age of Camelot.

Mr. T

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast