Thread: Attack Notices (not working)

Attack Notices (not working)

First off let me start with the fact that I am not pointing fingures .. just giving an example so this problem can be fixed.

Base in SFH is being attacked for who knows how long. Only until some one from our side happens to show up dose the broadcast go out that it was under attack.

The attackers had easily taken down 10+ towers before the broadcast went out.

Defense is already hard enough. Every time any org attacks a tower a broadcast needs to go out. Not after they have knocked down 10+ towers. Not if some other org attacks at 3AM and they come back 5 hours later.

There needs to be some sort of tripwire that will alert an org/clan that they are under attack.
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

Re: Attack Notices (not working)

Originally posted by Rolller
    First off let me start with the fact that I am not pointing fingures .. just giving an example so this problem can be fixed.

Base in SFH is being attacked for who knows how long. Only until some one from our side happens to show up dose the broadcast go out that it was under attack.

The attackers had easily taken down 10+ towers before the broadcast went out.

Defense is already hard enough. Every time any org attacks a tower a broadcast needs to go out. Not after they have knocked down 10+ towers. Not if some other org attacks at 3AM and they come back 5 hours later.

There needs to be some sort of tripwire that will alert an org/clan that they are under attack.
    My org had trouble with this also. It turns out that the All Towers channel is linked to the (side) Leaders Channel. If you don't have that channel (ie if you aren't a leader), or if you have have leader channel muted, you can't see the notifications on the Towers Channels.

This needs fixing desperately. But in the meantime, there's the work-around - be a leader, and have your leader chat on.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Only having the leader chat broadcast the message is stupid and not an option at all. Rolled will never get leader chat cause I have it
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

I am thinking bask to when All towers wasn't working, and I am sure at least a big part of it is that I had leader chat off at the time (oops!) .

However, All towers really needs to work for at least the top 3 ranks in the org.

It wount give you any messange if you already at war with attacking guild..
    That how it works and its a bit hard but dont start war with another guild if you want to get messanges...
    Btw smart move on building 100 controler and surrounding it with 150 turrets.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

This isn't about you guys hitting our base.
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Originally posted by Rebbeca
    This isn't about you guys hitting our base.
    It actualy does.
    According to game mechanics Apocalypse and RHD are at war so that why you didnt get any messange... and you wount get it again if apocs will attack it again.

Just like we didnt get any messange when Legion attacked our base and only got messange that Band Of Brothers attacked it. Becasue about week ago one of our memebers hit legion base when sotrm tryed to smoke them out of DAV.

And same happend to Red Tape Omni Admin base when we attaked it second time.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Thankyou for proving my point, they need to be changed.
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

-Aldous Huxley

Thankyou for proving my point, they need to be changed.
    Why should?

It doesnt notify you about attack it notify you about entering war. And why should it notify you about it if you are at war already....

Well its stupid then that you remain at war for days after attacking, some of us don't like to have to have guards at our base all of the time it's at 25%. Now that NW has been out, pretty much everybody has attacked each others base at some point.
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

-Aldous Huxley

So we can defend our base when 50 clanners decide to hit a ql150 tower

Now that NW has been out, pretty much everybody has attacked each others base at some point.
    Well that will make you hink twice before you attack someone...
    And for those who already at war with gazillion of guilds thats their problems if they attack every guild on rubika....
    Last edited by Julia; Dec 10th, 2002 at 06:11:20.

Well its stupid then that you remain at war for days after attacking, some of us don't like to have to have guards at our base all of the time it's at 25%..
    Its not stupid at all if you think you can just come to someoen house and destroy it and someone will forget it next week its wrong.
    You at war expect everthing.

some of us don't like to have to have guards at our base all of the time it's at 25%..
    I have perfect solution to that. DON'T build if you cant defend it.

Heaven forbid some people would rather have a fight over a base instead of taking it out before people notice what's going on.
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

-Aldous Huxley

Hey, Testlive has 'solved' the problem of Tower Channels not giving warnings...

There are none there anymore. No tower channels. Post guards 24hrs/day, I guess.

I must say that I think it's really stupid that you don't get message because you are at war with the guild, I think we are at war with all big omni guilds, so that means we would never get a message if they attack.

If someone attack you should get message even if you already at war..

I don't attack a base just to get a new spot, I also attack it to fight omnis, would be stupid if I have to send a tell and tell them I'm attacking...
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Arrow

Quite, when attacked, a tower should trigger its emergency transponder which informs all of the org that it is being attacked. It manages that the first time round, yet somehow being in a state of war disables its electronics? That is just complete Broken Shores that is...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper