Thread: Huge Problem with cross telling when raids are being setup. omni tell clan. visavera.

Huge Problem with cross telling when raids are being setup. omni tell clan. visavera.

What the hell is this all about. (RK2) Everytime omni tries to setup a raid (that i have been part of). Clan knows about it. We will send scouts out to the area we are thinking about attacking. We start to gather omni forces and what happens? Clanners start to show up at the location we are thinking about attacking. ????

This means someone in our raid party is telling clanners where we are going to attack.

When the scouts report that clanners are showing up at the proposed attack site, the raid party will deside on another area to attack and what do u think happens? Clanners switch to the alternate site even before we grid to it.

Funcom needs to make it where omni and clan cant communicate with each other or something. this is crazy.

How can u setup a successful raid under these conditions?

Is anyone else noticing this?
    Last edited by Odian102; Dec 9th, 2002 at 20:10:52.
    Omni Trader on RK2

Why not... attack anyway?
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Prob is people get alts to start up guilds on the opposite side. then they listen to leader chat and know all the info. There is no way to stop this other then set up networks of trusted individuals to only chat with eachother.

LOL!

Thats called treason, traitors, spies, someone that leaks hahahahha.

Keep it in-game, it makes the game interesting.

My suggestion to you, find the traitor and kill them, over and over and over and over, make his life hell till he gets the point.
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

lol

pathetic little omnis

we have infiltrators in all of your organizations

we own you

Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

Talking

"All your base are belong to us"
    Jinny "Hodelay" Belote
    Clan Opifex Trader - RK 2
    Proprietor of Hodelay's Boutique

While on my way to a mission in NLD, the tower there was at 25% and clan all over. As i approach the tower I start tabbing just in case there are omni there in my lvl range (which is almost NON existant) when lo and behold a name with a yellow bar pops up... So i decide to start attacking and burst, root... Was gonna just run to my mission but couldn't help myself when I noticed my burst hit hella hard and he was at 60% hp...so i killed him...

Then the /tells started, callin me an ass hole, stupid bastard, etc cuz it turns out HE WAS THIER OMNI SCUM SPY... I was told to NEVER kill this guy again or risk being KoS, yadda yadda yadda cuz he was thier inside guy for letting clan know of a pre emptive strike...

So now I am at a cross road... Should I leave his name here and risk being KoS ( you can see my middle finger can't you? i thought so) or keep it to myself cuz I like killing Omni?

ewww leave his name that would be cool watch as someones character is publically lynched
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

I think its a flaw in the game.

"give up the name"
    Omni Trader on RK2

BAH!!!!

Some of us don't SEE in faction 'colors' any longer.

In case you hadn't noticed ICC deregulated mining...anyone that acquired empty land did so LEGALLY. So, unless you're a criminal organization, taking land through agressive means without provocation isn't the right thing to do...Clan, Omni or Neutral.

I applaud anyone that warns unsuspecting non-agressive orgs of pending attacks by criminals desiring to steal their land and destroy their property. The ONLY time I'd be upset with this is if the attacking org was carrying out justified retribution for a prior attack on legally acquired property. Somehow I doubt this was the case...but I could be wrong.

((I also have friends in ALL factions and the day that FC does not allow me to communicate with them is the day I cancel my account.))

The great thing I see about the chat system is the ability to setup temporary private channels. If you want to discuss private matters or plans, make a private channel, if the word gets out, at least your pool of suspects is smaller.

I also think its amazingly cheap and borders on being an exploit for an alt to go telling his primary-char's guild of any thing being discussed on another sides channel. It's cheap acts like that, that encourage single character servers

Originally posted by Losobal

I also think its amazingly cheap and borders on being an exploit for an alt to go telling his primary-char's guild of any thing being discussed on another sides channel. It's cheap acts like that, that encourage single character servers
    I agree with this. Now should someone change faction and get invited to a guild and become a legit spy, thats a different story.

The other problem with 'regulating' this is

cant agents do this by design? (like isnt that kinda the RP point of being an agent?)
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Originally posted by arsiine

I agree with this. Now should someone change faction and get invited to a guild and become a legit spy, thats a different story.
    ^^
    explains what an agent could do if only they could change their name along with their face and side.

Re: Huge Problem with cross telling when raids are being setup. omni tell clan. visavera.

Originally posted by Odian102
    What the hell is this all about. (RK2) Everytime omni tries to setup a raid (that i have been part of). Clan knows about it. We will send scouts out to the area we are thinking about attacking. We start to gather omni forces and what happens? Clanners start to show up at the location we are thinking about attacking. ????

This means someone in our raid party is telling clanners where we are going to attack.

When the scouts report that clanners are showing up at the proposed attack site, the raid party will deside on another area to attack and what do u think happens? Clanners switch to the alternate site even before we grid to it.

Funcom needs to make it where omni and clan cant communicate with each other or something. this is crazy.

Is anyone else noticing this?
    clean up your ranks and remove the spie/mule/weasel.

Be stronger than the clanners. Make a decoy attack, not trust everyone. Remember, you said it yourself: This means someone in our raid party is telling clanners where we are going to attack. Somewhere, you got a rat. Kill it!

Just choose your members more carefully.
    "You shoot me in a dream, you'd better wake up and apologize."

Mneuro: one of our guildies was in a PvP zone, noticed an Omni, killed him (yay!) then got spammed with tells from a Neutral, an Omni and yes, a Clanner, asking wtf he did that. Erm.. Clan and Omni are at war aren't we? Anyway, according to the FA (Freedom Alliance) we are now at war with all their members, and KoS. Oh how mature..
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich