Thread: Universal Advantages

Question Universal Advantages

Are Universal Advantages supposed to work everywhere or just in tower area?

Everywhere. It takes awhile for this to happen. For at least the first couple of hours, they seem to work in the tower areas (but not all the time). Eventually, they do work everywhere tho.

I dont think they do, heh.
    Broken++++
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

sometimes they do, sometimes not, at random i guess ... :/
    soldier Punkbum
    trader Punkbumm

Arrow

They seem to take a short while to kick in after you login or sometimes even when you zone, but when I've looked, I've always seen the bonuses on my skills.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

I may be wrong but It seems that the issue goes deeper than org advantages. I think there is a bug in organisation code that gets triggered sometimes (not sure how).

What I think is happening is the game simply forgets that you are a member of a certain organisation.. hence no buffs for you. To fix that you have to zone and then everything works again.

Let me explain why I think that. After my guild destroyed a certain clan base I went back to our base to check if everything was okay there. Tried to recast layers, but realised that I was missing 23 points in BM to use the layers that I normally use since NW has been released. Our org advantage gives +27 BM.. or should. So I checked "/org contract". Everything looked fine, no disabled advantages.

I figured it was just an odd bug and decided to zone using my Personal Grid Converter. I selected our controller, right-clicked PGC in my inv... "Targed must be a member of your organisation". WTF?! Tried again.. same thing.

I finally warped myself out using my NT warp nano. As soon as I zoned everything started working just fine. I could cast my layers again. I went back to the base and tried gridding out using PGC. This time it worked.

Anyone experienced similar behavior from the game?

-= Legion =-

/stuck is your new best friend!!!

Arrow

Ah... I've seen that, though it was before I had installed NW... found the message slightly confusing since the target was, as far as I was concerned, my org's controller... wonder if its losing the 'you have NW' flag on occasion then?
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

There isn't a requirement for a char to have NW to use the grid converters. I have taken may people on tours of the base before they had NW and equipied them with grid converters so they could get back

The advantages do seem to have at least a min delay on zoning tho. Everytime I get into a mission, I need to wait a min before I get the advantages. I would not be surprised if you are "forgotten" about during this period...maybe it would resolve given a few min?