Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Neutrals?

Wink

OK...I'll look for you or...you can look for me.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Kyrstina
    Always. I am always open to meeting and talking with anyone who will listen, and listening to anyone who will talk. Understanding is the first step to reconsiliation.
    You're right of course Kyrstina, but after being shot at and killed a couple of times it gets harder to do, and after being shot and killed hundreds of times you start getting a bit annoyed and maybe a bit unwilling to talk.

Disclaimer to Benjacrat and Vixentrox: No not all clanners are bad.. but as an independent the first impression I got of clanners were that they killed me for no reason eg. very bad. I still have that impression of most (but not all) of the clans.. I am waiting for them to prove to me otherwise (and yes I'm even reaching out to some myself..).

These days a few of the clans have stated that they are going to "war" against Independents as a response to some Independents attacking a few towers of theirs. I find that hillarious. For two years! clanners have killed Independents at sight. 2 frelling years! And then a merc guild or two decides to do some work for omni/clans/aliens whatever. And every (with exceptions) clanner jumps to the gun.. yes! another "reason" to kill every Independent on the planet! This is GREAT! We don't have to face another Omni ever again (as they've got big guns and good armour.. Independents are easier, and closer))

So to all you freedom loving clanners out there (no not Vixen and Ben or any other resonable clanner that this does not apply to) Isn't it odd that I as an independent person find more goodwill and manners in an Omni than I find in you?

Oh damn.. you're probably going to attack me for saying that too...

And to top it all, you're starting to act like the corporation you love to hate.. polluting the planet with your greed.

*goes somewhere to cool off and regain control of her temper*
    President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

*applauds Trisagiona*

I find myself agreeing 100% with my general. Which, I might add, isn't so often as one might think.

Very very true, Tris.
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

Yeah Tris, you put a lot of it together very accurately. Nothing against friendly clanners and omni out there (I realize they are out there and I have met a few), but the agressiveness neutrals and independants have experienced from both sides over the years has certainly made a lasting, negative impression.

I think a lot of this is due to the fact that for the longest time there was no accountability for cruel treatment of neutrals. And now that neutrals are biting back (we're no longer forced to turn the other cheek) certain Omni and Clan indiviuals and groups don't know how to handle the situation, and then threaten us further, only to look more and more hypocritical.
    Last edited by Lady Kali; Dec 12th, 2002 at 16:55:02.

These are all valid points. In my opinion, most of the clans have gotten away from where they originally stood, but that doesn't change the situation we all find ourselves in.
    I think it is important for us all to fight for what we believe in and what we believe is best for those we lead and for those whom we follow, and unless you believe that this conflict is truly making the planet a better place, then some kind of peace must be reached.
    As I've said before, this isn't about loving each other, holding hands around the campfire, and breaking out into verses of "Kumbaya." This is about finding a way for all of us to live peacefully without killing each other first.

I and some of my family had the distinct pleasure of meeting with Kyrstina last evening. I would like to say that she is a wonderful person and I hope that the time she spent in West Athen with my guild family was memorable and a good example of how Clan and independants can be friends. I look forward to seeing you again Kyrstina.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

So far Marlamin is the only one that have seen the problem, and found the solution.

The War on this planet is soon reaching it´s klimax. We won´t allow people to be neutral in a fight against everything that´s wrong with the world (Clanners that is). Why would you even wanna be neutral when it comes to choosing between good and bad? The way of Omni-Tek is the only way and we´re about to teach em that.

On my personal note I´m sad and angry for the lack of effort that Omni-Pol has given this Topic. Yet again they shine with their incompitence. I guess Chimera troops (with help from our allies) will have to take drastic actions, without the premission Omni-Tek management. For the greater good of the company
    Healflamer 220 doc proud ex member of Tranquility
    Rapidbrawl 220 ma proud ex member of Tranquility
    Rapidbraw1 220 ma proud member of Punk

Originally posted by Healsike

The War on this planet is soon reaching it´s klimax. We won´t allow people to be neutral in a fight against everything that´s wrong with the world (Clanners that is). Why would you even wanna be neutral when it comes to choosing between good and bad? The way of Omni-Tek is the only way and we´re about to teach em that.

Healsike, do you believe its your job to "force" neutrals to take a side? How does that make you and your side "right" or "good"? And furthermore you represent a perfect example of why many choose to be neutral despite the war.
    Last edited by Lady Kali; Dec 12th, 2002 at 21:04:49.

And a perfect example why some choose to be Clan! *giggles*
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Well Tris, sadly I must agree with your statements. Your speech makes me want to go Independant. I have seen more and more Clanners beginning to think and act like Omni citizens. I must say that this is a sad but true reality of the recent conflict.

The purpose of our the RMC is to civilize the people of Rubi-Ka. This would change the current problem that we see with the mentalities of the Clanners.

Sadly I do see their opressive nature, just as the Omni that they love to hate...

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

I don't think this is the fault of the Clan populus as a whole though. Most Clan people I've met have been very civil and rather pleasent. I think it is the leadership (or lack of quality leaders) that has taken the Clans in the direction they are headed. The original CoT was a good idea in the right direction, but it never truly reached its potential, and I think most Clan members would welcome that kind of leadership that would take them in the right direction.
    It is hard to for them to go any other way if no one will lead them there.

Originally posted by Trisagiona

You're right of course Kyrstina, but after being shot at and killed a couple of times it gets harder to do, and after being shot and killed hundreds of times you start getting a bit annoyed and maybe a bit unwilling to talk.

Disclaimer to Benjacrat and Vixentrox: No not all clanners are bad.. but as an independent the first impression I got of clanners were that they killed me for no reason eg. very bad. I still have that impression of most (but not all) of the clans.. I am waiting for them to prove to me otherwise (and yes I'm even reaching out to some myself..).

These days a few of the clans have stated that they are going to "war" against Independents as a response to some Independents attacking a few towers of theirs. I find that hillarious. For two years! clanners have killed Independents at sight. 2 frelling years! And then a merc guild or two decides to do some work for omni/clans/aliens whatever. And every (with exceptions) clanner jumps to the gun.. yes! another "reason" to kill every Independent on the planet! This is GREAT! We don't have to face another Omni ever again (as they've got big guns and good armour.. Independents are easier, and closer))

So to all you freedom loving clanners out there (no not Vixen and Ben or any other resonable clanner that this does not apply to) Isn't it odd that I as an independent person find more goodwill and manners in an Omni than I find in you?

Oh damn.. you're probably going to attack me for saying that too...

And to top it all, you're starting to act like the corporation you love to hate.. polluting the planet with your greed.

*goes somewhere to cool off and regain control of her temper*
    Just my personal thoughts about this....................

The times in the past that I've been griefed/ganked/pwned/whatever. I do not see it as "Clan/Omni ganked me again, I hate them all!", NOR do I assign it to their entire Guild. It was(in most cases) the actions of a singular person or two, and my beef therefore lies with the individuals. As a result, I now have a short list of people I will refuse to team with.......or have anything to do with. But this does NOT reflect on Clan/Omni as a whole in my eyes. I've met many more good, friendly people on ALL sides, and will not allow the stigma from the actions of a few to affect the friendships I've made.

This is EXACTLY what we're asking Clan/Omni to do......to see us as individuals or as Guilds, but not to make generalizations about all of Neutrality based on the actions of individuals or Guilds. Is it too much to ask for us to show the same consideration in return? I humbly submit that it is not.
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

*hugs Nealy*

Exactly Neal hun...it is time we ALL stopped seeing in faction colors. I'm color blind to factions. I'm Clan because...just because that's the way I was born.

There are Clan criminals just as there are Omni and Neutral criminals.

I say we band together, round them all up and restrict them to Home in BS where they can lag each other to death and leave the rest of us to live in peace together.

Yep

Ok, Now that we all have a point to get across, lets get the people in the game involved. Most if not all of us in this thread have that type of view, nonfactional...But the people in the game, all the citizens are the ones we must convince to see the same way as we do. So lets stop telling each other what we all already know, and lets get other people involved The only way this will ever work is if we get people to see our point of view. So lets get out into Rubi-Ka and spread the message of interfactional peace

Originally posted by Healsike
    So far Marlamin is the only one that have seen the problem, and found the solution.

On my personal note I´m sad and angry for the lack of effort that Omni-Pol has given this Topic. Yet again they shine with their incompitence. I guess Chimera troops (with help from our allies) will have to take drastic actions, without the premission Omni-Tek management. For the greater good of the company

I can't but laugh at OT reasoning...

"Duh...I'm gonna keel j00 now clann...er....neutral. Omni-Tek is j00r friend. Join us or be keeled."

Like I really want to be feed by the hand that shoots me?????

When are people gonna get through their skulls that shooting people is a BAD form of recruitment.

I'm afraid I have to say this is a tactic also used by clanners, so you're not exempt from this either.

I am neutral out of conviction. And every time you hurt me or my friends you make my convictions stronger.

Free Rubi-Ka!

Originally posted by Benjacrat
    Well Tris, sadly I must agree with your statements. Your speech makes me want to go Independant. I have seen more and more Clanners beginning to think and act like Omni citizens. I must say that this is a sad but true reality of the recent conflict.

The purpose of our the RMC is to civilize the people of Rubi-Ka. This would change the current problem that we see with the mentalities of the Clanners.

Sadly I do see their opressive nature, just as the Omni that they love to hate...
    There is a way for you to join us Benjy...

It is a painful process of losing much of ones experiences (re-roll), but for one of conviction that's a cheap price to pay.

(I'll even hold your stuff for ya. )

Free Rubi-Ka!

Originally posted by Nealandbob

This is EXACTLY what we're asking Clan/Omni to do......to see us as individuals or as Guilds, but not to make generalizations about all of Neutrality based on the actions of individuals or Guilds. Is it too much to ask for us to show the same consideration in return? I humbly submit that it is not.
    sadly, there are those who want to fight, at times only for the sake of fighting. these few drag the majority with them, seen as 'the strong' and as 'leaders', many follow blindly after them for many reasons. often without discusion thinking that their actions are justified making things worse for everyone.

unfortunatly, seening the words that have been exchanged these last few days it becomes clear that there is mounds of misinterpretation, misinformation, and generalisation over just a few actions of a few guilds.

i take partial blame for this, for not being complete with my report to the voice of fredom about the neutral and clan (far more neuts than clan, but i have screenshots of clanners helping us) attack on cdr. steel for his brutality on neuts. but my previous report of these actions is a little bit more discriptive.

it saddends me that many false rumors of neutral aggressiveness on clan/omni controlers have spread like wildfire.

i have lost hope for peace. even within factions, when at times even my own guild has sought to eleminate misunderstandings about our actions we have been met with closed minds and prejudice. *sigh* there are those that see us a weak because of our smaller numbers. thus they make us targets first. everyone loves victory. and many love an easy victory for the wrong reasons rather than defeat for the right ones.

you cant please all of the people all of the time. esspecialy in my line of work. for this i do not appoligise. but i would like to see people forget faction on faction ideas, and move to org on org ideals.

but like i said before. i have lost hope for peace. i will fight for people to make there actions on the truth and not on assumptions, to do what i can to eliminate false lies about neuts, clanners and omni personel. but i have no hope for success, only hope for progress.

/me reloads her pistols, her only self defence, and sadly her only way of life on such a hostile planet.

Originally posted by Garret 'Necc' Scheer

I can't but laugh at OT reasoning...

"Duh...I'm gonna keel j00 now clann...er....neutral. Omni-Tek is j00r friend. Join us or be keeled."

Like I really want to be feed by the hand that shoots me?????

When are people gonna get through their skulls that shooting people is a BAD form of recruitment.

I'm afraid I have to say this is a tactic also used by clanners, so you're not exempt from this either.

I am neutral out of conviction. And every time you hurt me or my friends you make my convictions stronger.
    Actually Omni-Tek brought you to this Planet you owe OT your life aswell as your faith.

Furthermore you now are left with two choices, Either be extermintated by Mr Silverstone or come back to Omni-Tek crying like the cowards you truly are, We wont give mercy eitherway, Farewell Clanner.

-General Goliath Marlamin Thay of Chimera Employee of Omni-Tek
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

((OOC: Necc I do have a Neut character, only 1 person knows who he is, and he will remain nameless. You will all know him when the time has come.))

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345