Thread: Which 2 classes compliment each other?

Which 2 classes compliment each other?

Hi all

My girlfriend and I recently started AO and are having some good times.

We are currently playing as Engineer and Martial artist. No problems so far we are both around level 31.

I was just curious as to which 2 professions were the best to team up.

Thanks

I would say that the Engineer and MP compliment eachother. The MP can increase the bot lvl of the engineer by 12 lvls, and the MP healer can heal the engineer bot. The engineer bot will have alot of HP to tank, so as the bot tanks, the MP anger manifestation can join in too.

Each pet can be the other pets backup.

2 engineers are good too. I don't see a perfect set of 2 professions tho.

ummmm..

Tank and doc?
    Fleh the man-eating lvl 171 sabretooth...oh no wait, that would be PvP wouldn't it...nm then

enforcer and a doc

My wife and I play an enforcer and a doc combo - works very well. One tanks the other heals.

A trader and an MP will give you a very, very red attack pet.

MPs are good at Nano Programming - important for making implants.

With a Trader wrangle and MP masteries (infuse and mochams later on), you'll be able to cast nanos 50 levels higher.

Make sure to go Solitus - a good balance of HPs and Intelligence. Int is probably the most important, but neglected, ability. It adds more to your other skills than any other single ability.

I wish I could get my girlfriend to play.

well me and my bud go whit a NT MP combo it sucks big time till the mp can use infuse/mocham but once ur there its awsome mp pets tank/heal, mp buff NT big time and NT .... mega nukes but that team is low on hp so nuker in mission have to be debuff super fast if not ...RECLAIM PARTY

I like the trader/MP/Engi combo. Everybody buffs up and lets the pets do the work.
    Animacion 160 Opi Enforcer equipment
    Takima 166 Trader
    Proud member of First Order for 3 years and going.

"All things around you grow stonger from your spilled blood. Now, you grow stronger from theirs."

yeah. enf and doc.
    (my pet doc grew away from me. still trying to catch up)

My husband and I have several characters each, and we play different combos at different lvls. We have (my profession listed second): soldier/doc, engie/fixer, enforcer/MA. These work out very well for us

But I guess enf/doc combo, and Eng/Trader combo also works nicely.

DrCam
    lvl 82 Doc
    Omni Shadow Ops

Engineer/fixer combo?

So, the engineer has his bot tank, while the fixer runs really fast in circles around it?

All the combos listed are very good.
    The obvious Enf / Doc combo has the advantage that each prof can play without the other too.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Originally posted by starknaked
    Engineer/fixer combo?

So, the engineer has his bot tank, while the fixer runs really fast in circles around it?
    It's called "super safe leveling for fixers." The fixer grid phreaks back to town after ever few kills to save, and gets beacon warped back.

...but while we're discussing pairs here:
    what's the "best" class for supporting an NT (except MP)
    My mom's gonna start playing an NT, and I was thinking making a new char to back her up with.

Trader, maybe? giving wranglers all the time, keeping the nukes high? or maybe a pure tank-class? (soldier, perhaps. not enf. allready got one )

please, input here is much apriciated.

tell her not to gimp herself right off the bat by playing an NT.

if she's a glutton for punishment, she might as well go to the source and become an advent.

you need a tank and a doc to properly support an NT since they are so gimped.

stark and garp, you're correct And, as a fixer I have a HoT, that I can cast on the Engie if we suddenly get aggro on us instead of on bot. and I _do_ outdamage the engie with my Mausser. So most aggros turn to me, and since I'm not nanomage (engie is), I can take a few more hits, and root'n'run if needed.

I know NT's are gimped, Thyrra. (I HAVE payed attention to the enf. forum, you know ) and I tried to explain it to her. But no.

So my question still remains: what class could best compliment the NT? Thinking about trader, because of the wrangling part, and with NT's humid extractors, the trader should be able to cast it all the time without running out of nano's. (traders eat nanokits like candybars with their deprieve/ransack/health funnel/whatever)

I don´t think you want to cast wrangles all the time. They have a very short duration and reduce the trader´s skills. In my opinion a MP can buff the NP nano skills alot better. Masteries take alot less NCU space than wrangles too.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

Enforcers and docs are like peanut butter and jelly.... well, GOOD docs and enforcers anyways, otherwise the best combo is NT's and reclaim booths?

Sorry Stark, doesn't look like agents were mentioned anywhere....

Most fun

I am sure the most effective combo is the engineer/meta physist, but I am just as certain that the most fun solution would be MA doc and martial artist. The Martial artist can buff the attack of both and the doc can buff hps up alot. Both can do reasonable damage, doc as primary healer and the ma can step in if it gets too hot.