Thread: Fix Land Control and PVP Boredom at same time !!

Fix Land Control and PVP Boredom at same time !!

Dont know if its just me but the amount of actual pvp does not seem to have increased much.

I still spend countless hours trying to find someone to fight.

No individual attacks a base as their base becomes 25% so what happens - well it seems that we are building but not fighting.

I think the 25% window for attack is too short, why not make all bases 25% permantly, that way it will become a real challenge and limit crowd control problems as attackers and defenders will have many different places to fight.

It will also focus clan and omni guild leaders to really consider tactics and battle plans.

Maybe its just me... but NW is an improvement but has a long way to go.....

Summary :

Make bases 25% ALL THE TIME

This means good pvp and no crowd control issues.

Bump I hope if u agree

The base is open to attack 5 hours a day. It should be enough time for everyone to attack it. Some of us actually has to sleep/work so we cant stay logged on all of the time to defend our base. It would be boring if someone destroyed my towers every time my guild was sleeping. The guilds should have a chance to defend their towers without beeing logged on 24/7.

>I still spend countless hours trying to find someone to fight.

Where have you been??? Every time i log on there is someone shouting towers at xx under attack or please help us attack towers at xxx. If you cant find a tower under attack get a group and attack a tower yourself. Its not that hard to find a 25% tower.

My thoughts ...

TalinUK, you either don't have a base to defend or you are unemployed with a major case of insomnia.

The tower channels are screwed up, we can't even know when our own towers are under attack, so every org has to assign members to guard their bases 6 hours a day. Thats not enough .. you want us to be guarding our towers 24 hours a day?

There are many of towers out there at 25% at any given moment. Grab some friends and go attack a tower. Since there is only a six hour window, there is a better chance that someone will actually be available to come and fight you.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

I agree with all the replies. Not all players are good at pvp. As an engy, i really think twice (make that 10 times) before setting a foot in a pvp area. Every time, I am the first person targeted and sent off to reclaim.

If you are looking for people to fight, then ask funcom to improve the other professions that suck at pvp.

heh - Neither an insomniac or unemployed...but ....

Many guilds don't attack towers as their towers then become open to attack. I am based in Europe, so maybe the attacks in the main are US based times.

Whats the problem if towers are destroyed, build some more, the game becomes fluid and much more importantly strategic planning becomes crucial instead of simply OOC - Come attack xyz.

Finally this would fix crowd control issues as mentioned above.

Whats the fear of losing towers ? build more .., if its 25% at all times then all have a choice to defend or attack !!!

Try it it would be fun !!

>Many guilds don't attack towers as their towers then become open to attack. I am based in Europe, so maybe the attacks in the main are US based times.

I'm based in europe too and i have no problem finding places to attack.

>Whats the problem if towers are destroyed, build some more, the game becomes fluid and much more importantly strategic planning becomes crucial instead of simply OOC - Come attack xyz.

If the towers are destroyed while i have a chance of defending it its no problem, however if they are destroyed when the guild is sleeping its just boring. So the strategic planning consists of finding a european based guild and attack it on US time. How fun. Makes it easy to solo a base though if thats your idea of fun.

>Whats the fear of losing towers ? build more .., if its 25% at all times then all have a choice to defend or attack !!!

The fun in notum wars is to defeat a guild defending their towers. Whats the fun in destroying a few towers when there is noone to defend them? Basically it will kill pvp and make it a pvT = player v tower game.

If you want to pvp find a group and attack. Its easy. There are lots of players willing to attack a few towers.

Actually, most orgs probably wouldn't bother building bases higher than QL 40 or lower than QL 200, if this were the case. Anything but the lowest towers and the highest ones are too easily killed on a whim to justify bothering to have them if they are going to be vulnerable when you aren't around to defend.

The tower bonuses are nice, but what's the point of having them if you never benefit from them and if you aren't around to fight for them? Build a base, log off, come back and your towers were destroyed without your ever having fought there.

Result? You blew a few hundred thousand credits per person in your org, blew a few hours making a nice base, then never benefitted from the bonuses that are supposed to make the towers attractive to the general PvM population, and you never got to fight around them, which is what was supposed to make the towers attractive to PvPers. So in other words, almost nobody will do it.

And since almost nobody will do it, you'll have even fewer people to fight. At least as things stand, if you attack a base, you're reasonably sure that some people will show up to defend it.

But building a nice base takes time. Ignore the credits, they are pretty much trivial. Why put time into building something that you won't benefit from in any way? Most people would go back to leveling in missions instead of fighting around towers.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Don't forget to have your guild leader tell you where battles are. If your guild leader doesn't care to inform you...try another guild. I have absolutly NO trouble finding a fight if I want it. Also, turn on your OOC chat because calls to battle often go out there.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Jeesh...I'm trying how to figure out how to spend LESS of my in-game time screwing around with towers and defending them...the LAST thing I want is to do more of this.

perhaps there should be a way for casual player to know when towers are being attacked. i could be logged in and never know about a tower battle unless a guildie /tells me...

fix the "tower chat" so we know when the battles are occuring

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?