Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just say NO to PST !

Angry Just say NO to PST !

Okay.....here I am on my soapbox and here is an item that really irks the hell out of me.

What is with everyone using PST in their auctions, shouts and looking for teams. For those that don't know...PST = Please send Tell.

Now....HOW many of you honestly believe that someone is going to be sitting at their computer after seeing an auction and wonder....."Gee I really really want that item that they are showing, but how do I let them know that I want it ? " Oh wait...they added PST.....THAT's it ! that's how I have to let them know.....golly...I thought I was gonna have to chase them down after finding out where they are locate (and even then I don't know how I would be able to find that out).

Are we THAT stupid in a CHAT filled enviroment to try and figure out how to let someone know that you either want to buy that item, want them in your group or so forth ?

hehe

pst is wierd
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Bah! No need to get upset about it.
    Not everyone is educated.

PST if you wish to discuss.
    ~Q~
    [QAETUS]-[FIRST ORDER]
    Qaetus the Chain Insurance Claim Caster
    ‘I asked God for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
    I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
    I asked for riches that I might be happy; I was given poverty that I might be wise.
    I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
    I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I had hoped for. Despite myself, my prayers were answered. I am among all men most richly blessed.’

I believe it is used more as invitation than direction.

For example, the manager at work distributes a memo outlining some changes in the work area. At the bottom they say "contact me with further questions."

Of course you'd contact them. They are just breaking the ice, and welcoming you to speak up if you desire to.

PST means "Please send tell"?

No wonder I haven't been getting responses from the auctioneers. I've been running up and yelling PST in their ears.

Honbo

woah brotha! Don't get PST over the whole thing!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

What I find weird about that, is that before I took a break in august, no one was ever appending that PST thing when looking for team or selling items...

It's simple. AO is picking up subscribers that are leaving EQ.
    PST is a blight there, too.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Well, I live in CST, and can convert to EST pretty easy, but PST is like 2 hours earlier, so it gets kinda confusing. BURRRPPP!!

Arrow

It might be me, but I always detect a slight bit of arrogance or something when people post a bid followed by PST or /tell name. Especially if they already have charnames listed in sig or whatever.

Sort of like hinting: "I know I won it and nobody else should bother bidding, so I'll take it now kthxbye".

Though I doubt everyone means it that way, it seems to come across like that at least a little bit
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Re: Just say NO to PST !

Originally posted by Zeronx
    Are we THAT stupid in a CHAT filled enviroment to try and figure out how to let someone know that you either want to buy that item, want them in your group or so forth ?
    That's my guess.
    Goode 200 Nanotechnician
    Ionsphere 166 Martial Artist
    DrHandy 154 Doctor

pst

well when looking for group its kinda nice to get a tell ,
    "we are brave hunters traveling to the prowling wastes to hunt , would you like to join us brave warrior?" , instead of just an invite

Yes....but I was always under the impression that if someone wanted you in a group and you were not where they could see you....they would send a tell to you saying HEY...would you like to join us ?

Heh....al I know is that every time I see someone use PST in their auction/shout/Looking for Team.....they get added to the ignore list. After a little while continuosly typing /ignore soandso gets old though. Lord knows how many people I have on ignore due to this.

Wow you ignore people simply because they use pst?

PSTPSTPSTPSTPSTPSTPST :P
    Goode 200 Nanotechnician
    DrHandy 154 Doctor

Actually yes....and I recongize your name goode....it is already on the ignore list...has been for a while.

I left EQ to get away from alot of the stupidity...and it seems like it is just growing.

First its blatantly Beaugois and I think Herman Hesse wrote Steppenwolf all about this sort of nonsense!!!!

ok to clear up some misconception.

pst in the early kupodian language dialect of the kupohedrons was a relavent conundrum to Michael Jacksons 80's hit pyt pretty young thing.

Due to the major relavent scandle that ensued. pyt was formally changed to pst to mean pretty sexy thing instead of pretty young thing which seems pedophiliac by nature.

pst never meant please send tell.

it means pretty sexy thing

:.PST.:
    Last edited by Orchid; Dec 10th, 2002 at 21:56:52.

The first several times I saw PST I was thinking the exact same thing, hmm send a /tell, well no ****! But then I thought of a reason why it could make sense. The seller may prefer to get a /tell over a reply on the channel because they are about to enter a shop or a mission. When you enter a shop or a mission for some stupid reason all the ooc, shopping and team channels go *poof* so you wouldn't hear an in channel reply.

Does anyone else find this to be really dumb? I guess it's ok for missions, but when you are in say a shop, doing um... shopping, do you suppose you might like to see the SHOPPING channel?
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

It's those silly arsed Everquest players. Blame them!

Originally posted by Zeronx
    Actually yes....and I recongize your name goode....it is already on the ignore list...has been for a while.

I left EQ to get away from alot of the stupidity...and it seems like it is just growing.
    I meant no offense, I was just playing around. But since you're in your 120's I've never teamed with you. I don't even think I've ever seen you ingame. You must have a huge ignore list because I don't even know you. I've played AO over a year now and don't even have an ignore list. I understand that everyone has a few pet peeves but damn...good luck with your rampant black balling...

BTW why was I put on your ignore list in the first place?
    Last edited by Goode; Dec 11th, 2002 at 20:28:35.
    Goode 200 Nanotechnician
    DrHandy 154 Doctor

BTW why was I put on your ignore list in the first place?
    Because he's bitter? hehe

Kupo, I liked your version of PST. As for me, PST means Pretty Small Thing, heavens everyone else is a giant compared to me.
    Misty "Crimeareeva" Meanor
    Life of an Agent - Sworn to Secrecy From Birth™

Crime Inc. Action Figure - Small Crime Thug™
    Copyright© Crime Inc. 1496-29478

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast