Thread: OT: Blackhawk Down

OT: Blackhawk Down

An American, Ridley Scott, has just released a movie about "war against terrorism" and by the estimation of Hollywood this won't offend enough people to affect the gross of the film. So why are people flaming funcom... I guess the three words are offensive but 2 1/2 hours of straight gun-fight based on a real story where over a thousand casualties occur is what a walk in the park? I just don't get it?

Making a movie that tells a story of actual events is a bit different than taking history, remolding and using it to tell a fictional story. FC really didn't do anything besides a bit of borrowing....or maybe it was Pres. Bush who did the borrowing..hmmmmm
    Offer a flower to your enemy..
    If he refuses it, offer a hand
    If he refuses it, offer a bullet
    If he refuses it, give it to him anyways...

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Isn't it just a relief when you wake up in the morning and find you didnt wet the bed?!

Beyond your perfection,
    beneath you and who you used to be
    awaits who I am.

Excess Radio! Bringing you tunage 25/7!

I saw this hilarious thing. anyways, does anyone remember the 1929 stock market crash? The stocks plummeted and the banks recalled their margins, or "loans" to people for the market. That helped plunge the US into a decade of Depression. But today I saw a nano for a mission reward that was "Margin Recall (or call, something like that)" Why is no one offended by this one, eh? I guess the people who complain about everything are those twinked people who want to quit after they die once and lose a little time and xp. I see conincidences from AO and a lot of other things, but lets just try to enjoy the game. Similiarities are a good thing usualy.

Telgi: Hey, Joe, that was a nice game of soccer.
    Joe: Yeah, lets play Volley ball now.
    Telgi: What the hell, theres a ball in this game too! Why can't people be more original!!
    Joe: Balls are used in many sports, whats the problem?
    Telgi: Since this finaly affects me I will do something about it now and complain until balls are only used in soccer. The simple fact that a non-copywritable material was duplicated is cause for concern!
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Not that it matters, but Riddley Scott is British, not American. He also directed among other things Alien, Bladerunner and Gladiator . I'm impressed :-)
    Last edited by Savoy; Jan 21st, 2002 at 09:35:19.

Angry Ughh

/OOC

Who gives a damn anyway anymore, just play the goddamn game!!!!!!!!

And BTW, FC is pretty much Norwegian.

/OOC off

um...

Do you mean: "military targets"?
    Last edited by The Interactor; Jan 21st, 2002 at 14:07:57.
    The Interactor

"If it was easy, then everyone would do it"

"Making a movie that tells a story of actual events is a bit different than taking history, remolding and using it to tell a fictional story."

That's exactly what Blackhawk Down does, except they bill it as true-to-life. We were ther to usurp a didtator, not deliver food.

Just to clarify, I liked the movie and I like the Anarchy Online story especially the chapters of the book published on the we site. I just don't understand the flame over the choice of words.