Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much B&E needed for implant disassembly?

Question How much B&E needed for implant disassembly?

Can anyone provide a general rule-of-thumb for how much Breaking & Entry skill is needed for disassembling an implant? For example, "2 x QL" or something like that. Thanks in advance!
    Next
    Level 140 Opifex Adventurer
    Rimor

It take 950 B&E to clean out ql 200 implants so my guess is 4.75 x QL in skill required.
    Jinny "Hodelay" Belote
    Clan Opifex Trader - RK 2
    Proprietor of Hodelay's Boutique

4.75 * QL of the implant in B&E
    1.00 * QL of the implant in Nanoprogramming

(...and no offense to the rest of you strippers out there, but I'd REALLY like it if FC would fix the bug that allows other professions to do stripping. I've had it confirmed time and again that this is supposed to be a Fixer-only ability.)
    I hold no ties to any faction.

I am Clan, only because it suits my purposes. I will not fight your war for you, as it is not my war. Unless it benefits me.
    I am not Omni, as I am not a sheep. I have individual thoughts and feelings and I do not take orders well.
    I am not Neutral as I believe in taking any advantage offered to me.

I go where the winds take me. I believe in absolute freedom. I sell to the highest bidder, no matter their affiliation.

I am Fixer.

Knightwulf

Personally I would like them to fix pet pathing first as this would make 3 entire classes happy all in 1 shot.

Also lowering the rediculous restrictions on the new nanos. 1044 for a QL199 nano so we (engineers) are forever dependant on Mochams and a wrangle just to cast the nano thats good for 20-30 Minutes.

Fixing the switch on the implant disassemblers should be on the low list of easy fixes they need to do.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

BTW u need also 800 CL to strip 200ish imp.

Originally posted by Justafixer
    BTW u need also 800 CL to strip 200ish imp.
    Sorry.. Incorrect.

I am Clan, only because it suits my purposes. I will not fight your war for you, as it is not my war. Unless it benefits me.
    I am not Omni, as I am not a sheep. I have individual thoughts and feelings and I do not take orders well.

I go where the winds take me. I believe in absolute freedom. I sell to the highest bidder, no matter their affiliation.

I am Fixer.

Knightwulf

Originally posted by Knightwulf
    (...and no offense to the rest of you strippers out there, but I'd REALLY like it if FC would fix the bug that allows other professions to do stripping. I've had it confirmed time and again that this is supposed to be a Fixer-only ability.)
    I don't agree with you on this. It would just cause yet another bottleneck in this game. It's a tradeskill process and being such should be doable by anyone with the tools and skill!

If tradeskills are going to be professions specific I'm going to quit!!! But it's ok to ask for a special device that makes it's easier for fixers/doctors to strip imps. No idea why fixer should be best at stripping implants, but...

req is same as treatment req to wear. -1 or so.

Originally posted by Unit99

I don't agree with you on this. It would just cause yet another bottleneck in this game. It's a tradeskill process and being such should be doable by anyone with the tools and skill!
    Originally posted by Krabbus
    If tradeskills are going to be professions specific I'm going to quit!!! But it's ok to ask for a special device that makes it's easier for fixers/doctors to strip imps. No idea why fixer should be best at stripping implants, but...
    The day that you show me where, precisely, that Breaking and Entering is located on the Tradeskills tab is the day that I agree with you that this is a Tradeskill.

I am Fixer.

Knightwulf

hm... just for the pet pathing i know how to fix it

- Crat, engineer, MP now can t cast any pet nano
    Vaultcitizen ADV 190. Teh pistol gimpness
    Catspawgirl NT 171. Pnh/Ior Dispenser
    Mareva Fix 167. GSF, Hot and fix grid Dispenser
    Canigou MP 135. CI Dispenser
    Pipboy2001 MA 80ish in gamboling doing /fblock.

Rubi-Ka 1

allways /tell Vaultcitizen

The day that you show me where, precisely, that Breaking and Entering is located on the Tradeskills tab is the day that I agree with you that this is a Tradeskill.
    It is a tradeskill when you are selling your skills. The customer that ask you to strip implants isn't buying the tools you need to strip it, but your skills - so in definition is B&E a tradeskill when you tune tankarmor and strip implants.

But the placement of the different skills is not good, the only real tradeskills is computer literacy and psychology - nothing else.

It is a tradeskill when you are selling your skills.
    So u gonna say that NanoSkills are TradeSkills too, coz everyone buy mochams, wrangs and +80?

Originally posted by Elbo
    Personally I would like them to fix pet pathing first as this would make 3 entire classes happy all in 1 shot.
    You'll hear no complaint from me about this... I have two pet classes and I know the pain well.

Also lowering the rediculous restrictions on the new nanos. 1044 for a QL199 nano so we (engineers) are forever dependant on Mochams and a wrangle just to cast the nano thats good for 20-30 Minutes.
    The same goes for the new Fixer Root/Snare debuffs, however, they're "Shadowlands Enabled/Intended"

Fixing the switch on the implant disassemblers should be on the low list of easy fixes they need to do.
    Precisely my point... Funcom focuses on the easy-to-fix problems... Therefore, this has a much higher chance of being fixed.

I know VERY little about programming, however... I do know that repairing pet-pathing would be exceptionally simple.. Even if they implemented it temporarily.

You simply need to install a diamond grid overlay within missions. Pets can only navigate via this grid.. Admittedly, their movement would look rather odd if you sent them straight out in the wrong direction, but it would work... Allow me to use a very poor visual diagram:

----DOOR------
    /\
    / \
    / \
    / \
    / \
    / \
    / \
    / \
    / \
    \ TABLE /
    \ /
    \ /
    \ /
    \ /
    \ /
    \ /
    \ /
    \/
    ----DOOR-----
    /\
    / \
    / \
    / \
    / \
    / \
    / \
    / \
    / \
    \ TABLE /
    \ /
    \ /
    \ /
    \ /
    \ /
    \ /
    \ /
    \/
    ----------------

The diamonds represent the path the pet must take to navigate the room. As you can see, the apex of the diamond converges at all entries and exits. For the more unusual rooms (I.e.: the rooms full of benches) you can still use the basic diamond-mapping, you just tilt it a bit, converting it to either a trapezoid or square. It's a simple four-point system.

Just my 2 cred.

(Grrr... ..and yes, my limited knowledge of PHP forums shows through as I don't know how to format properly... )

I am Fixer.

Knightwulf

a simple question to Knightwulf and Justafixer:
    "Is assembling implants a tradeskill work?"

If the answer to this question is yes, then is the reversed work also consider to be tradeskills. The reversed work of assembling implants is stripping implants.

Also remember you need NP to strip implants.

omg...
    YOU DONT NEED NP TO STRIP IMPLANTS!!!
    just CL and B&E

Actually disassembling implants = hacking implants so it is hacker's work, not tradeskills.

a simple question to Knightwulf and Justafixer:
    "Is assembling implants a tradeskill work?"

If the answer to this question is yes, then is the reversed work also consider to be tradeskills. The reversed work of assembling implants is stripping implants.

Also remember you need NP to strip implants.
    So.. Under this line of thinking.. The hacker who drops a DDoS attack on the backbone has to have the same skills and knowledge as the Engineer who designed the motherboard/CPU/graphics card within the system he's using? I think not.

I am Fixer.

Knightwulf

So.. Under this line of thinking.. The hacker who drops a DDoS attack on the backbone has to have the same skills and knowledge as the Engineer who designed the motherboard/CPU/graphics card within the system he's using? I think not.
    that isn't a reversed work, and stripping doesn't have same skills as assembling.

What I'm saying is that a reversed work should also be consider as a tradeskill - that's it.

Justafixer: I'm pretty sure you need 4.75xQL in B&E, 4xQL in CP and 1xQL in NP.

hm... I cant be sure coz I got over 300 NP before patch with disassembly clinic.

But I'll check it when server goes up.
    Last edited by WaveLord; Dec 11th, 2002 at 16:37:43.

You definitley need NP to strip implants... just not much, only 1*QL
    So to strip a QL200 imp, you only need 200NP. I know this because I have to grab a NP buff to do some of my work. Maybe you already have 200 so you just haven't noticed?

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast