Thread: !!!!ao And Anti-aliasing!!!!

!!!!ao And Anti-aliasing!!!!

Cant seem to get an answer anywhere else, so...
    Is there a way to turn on Anti-Aliasing for AO? I have a ATI Radeon 9700Pro and have turned anti-aliasing on at 6x for direct3d and opengl, just to make sure, but in AO it doesnt seem to be working, works fine in all other games. Is there a switch iwthin AO I need to set? possibly a registry setting or an ini setting? I have all the graphics settings in the game set to full high/maxed and am at 1280x1024 resolution. Technically, it should be working, but I still see the jaggies you would see without AA turned on. Thanks!

its ao thats how its suppose to be

Angry

AO doesnt support FSAA?? that sucks...

It's working just fine with my Gforce4 TI4600. Both 2x, 4x and Quincuinx (yeah, I bet I spelled *THAT* right) aliasing.

Turned on in the graphics card options. And I can clearly see the antialiasing working. Still getting around 60-70 fps in the wild, around 25-30 in cities (well, not LagTir, ofcourse, but HEY!)
    Stabdude Opifex Shade, Atlantean (and my new MAIN!) - native of the Shadowlands
    Slapster - Retired
    Retriever - Retired

This is it

LoL lagtir

Hey get this, i got a whole 1fps, when entering ft. Isnt that amazing, i bet you guys dont get fps that high, (unlike 90+ fps everywhere else)
    I talk to much.

Get a new computer.. it doesn't cost that much.
    ~Chris

FSAA only works if your drivers have options to force it (like NVidia does) I'm not familiar with ATI's drivers, so I can't speak about them.
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

I have no problems using 4xFSAA (Not Quincunx) at 1600x1200x32, windowed, at full detail... Runs very smoothly and without the jaggies...

I remember playing this game before FSAA was even an option... The first day it became stable without the jaggies was a glorious sight to behold.
    I hold no ties to any faction.

I am Clan, only because it suits my purposes. I will not fight your war for you, as it is not my war. Unless it benefits me.
    I am not Omni, as I am not a sheep. I have individual thoughts and feelings and I do not take orders well.
    I am not Neutral as I believe in taking any advantage offered to me.

I go where the winds take me. I believe in absolute freedom. I sell to the highest bidder, no matter their affiliation.

I am Fixer.

Knightwulf

Ho I have a geforce 2 mx 400, and my friend has a geforce 4 mx 400, is anti aliasing available on these cards and how do I set it 'dcus I can't stand the jaggies.
    I quested all the way to Penumbra, and I didn't even get a lousy t-shirt.

Originally posted by Dr.Log
    Ho I have a geforce 2 mx 400, and my friend has a geforce 4 mx 400, is anti aliasing available on these cards and how do I set it 'dcus I can't stand the jaggies.
    With a GeForce 2MX 400, you will slow the game to a 4 FPS crawl if you enable FSAA... It just doesn't have the power to do so.

An EXTREMELY simplified explaination of Full Scene Anti-Aliasing:

For every 'x' (I.e.: 2x/4x/8x) the card has to rerender each frame that amount of times, so you are effectively cutting your FPS in half by enabling FSAA 2x

(For all you propellerheads out there, I know this isn't exact, but I'm keeping it simple.)

If you do care to enable it, however.. Make certain you have the latest Detonators from nVIDIA (BOOM!), right-click on your desktop, go to properties, click on the "Settings" tab, and then click the "Advanced" button.

Depending on your operating system and version of drivers, then FSAA options will be located in there somewhere.
    I hold no ties to any faction.

I am Clan, only because it suits my purposes. I will not fight your war for you, as it is not my war. Unless it benefits me.
    I am not Omni, as I am not a sheep. I have individual thoughts and feelings and I do not take orders well.
    I am not Neutral as I believe in taking any advantage offered to me.

I go where the winds take me. I believe in absolute freedom. I sell to the highest bidder, no matter their affiliation.

I am Fixer.

Knightwulf

What do you have against Alias :/

I have a geforce3 and when I enable any type of anti aliasing, the fps is around 30 but everything is delayed. LIke I move my mouse and 1 or 2 seconds later it moves. I walk around, 1 or 2 secs later I see it.

odd
    Killrmeta
    Veteran of Synergy Factor
    lvl 220!!!!11one MP Diety - Player since 2001

Radeon 9700

AA !works! ok on Radeon 9700 with drivers build 6166
    (wxp-radeon-6-13-10-6166-efg.exe)

AND ITS BROKEN (SWITCHED OFF) IN LATEST DRIVERS
    ^drivers seems to have AO detection code, they force AA off only in AO, all other games work properly