Thread: What do you think of the voice pack?

What do you think of the voice pack?

Basically, you get an audible yes, no, help, heal, incoming, and run emote with a voice style choice of simple, distinguished, cool, or military in male or female.

I really like this idea except for one thing, the voice acting is plain terrible! I would be willing to bet it all that two people did all the voices because they all sound like the same man and women with different cheesy accents. Take the cool voice for example; sounding like a rapper with a strong US Southern accent is not cool, heh. The two accents don't go togther well.

Although, it's no big deal. AO is the best MMORPG I have ever played, and I have played them all. I just find this voice thing a little funny. Any thoughts on this?

For those not familiar with it type:
    /help voices

I also believe that you need The Notum Wars Booster pack to hear the voices.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden7; Dec 8th, 2002 at 15:13:28.

Check out the Notum Wars forum. There are 3 links to player-made voice packs in there. Hopefully some voice pack will eventually become a standard addition, like Dovve's map.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

Uh, nevermind then. I now have no complaint at all.

The additional voices that you can download sound very good!

I still can't get those stupid voice commands to work, or at least the once you get when you type /help voices. So I downloaded the CS voice pack and it works when I type em, but I don't hear anything when other people who have the CS voice pack do the macro's and I thought I was supposed to hear other peoples useage as well . Ah well, this voice thing is so poorly implemented I'm not suprised at funcom's lack of documentation for it.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Exclamation

You have to install the NW package from the Anarchy Online/Notum Wars CD. You have to use the Setup.exe from the Root of the CD. Then you will here the voices. They work for me....

OR get my voice pack witch is a complete redo of fc's patch... www.aoscions.homestead.com

Then you dont have to reinstall
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

pointless

gave it a try, I sound dreadfull turned it off.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"