Thread: Notum Wars & Pvp - What PVP !!!! ?

Notum Wars & Pvp - What PVP !!!! ?

Dont know if its just me but the amount of actual pvp does not seem to have increased much.

I still spend countless hours trying to find someone to fight.

No individual attacks a base as their base becomes 25% so what happens - well it seems that we are building but not fighting.

I think the 25% window for attack is too short, why not make all bases 25% permantly, that way it will become a real challenge and limit crowd control problems as attackers and defenders will have many different places to fight.

It will also focus clan and omni guild leaders to really consider tactics and battle plans.

Maybe its just me... but NW is an improvement but has a long way to go.....

Summary :

Make bases 25% ALL THE TIME

This means good pvp and no crowd control issues.

Bump I hope if u agree

Obviously you havn't any towers of your own to defend. Sorry but I don't want to be logged on 24/7 to try to protect my guilds towers.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Of course I have towers to defend.

If I lose them I build some more.

Better that than this stalemate.

The guild will defend the area, it does not depend on one individual member not being online.

I understand how you feel, but at the moment we all have our land and pvp is same as before but now people have better stats from their towers.

I dont think NW was designed to have that effect.

And if all are 25% no crowd control issues

Any better ideas ?

The problem with 25% 24/7 is that you can conquer bases while the guild which owns them is most likely not online. I.e. The most ppl on the server are ppl in the US timezone and EU timezone.
    If you attack a base lets say Wednesday at 10:00 GMT, the US ppl are probably in bed, while the most EU ppl are at work. But if you plan this attack right, you get always enough ppl together to take a base down, while the other side isnt able to counter the attack, because their ppl aint online and they cant get enough ppl online in the short time.

But if you have only a 6h timeframe on the bases, you can build them in a way, that the 25% comes up when enough ppl online to defend the towers.

The problem with the less increase of PvP is that too many people are satisfied with their already gained sidebonus and guild advantages AND the huge lag around the bases during a battle. I refuse to fight when 30+ ppl around me... this is almost unplayable and this is my reason, that I dont participiate in towerbattles
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

Originally posted by Sherrman
    Obviously you havn't any towers of your own to defend. Sorry but I don't want to be logged on 24/7 to try to protect my guilds towers.
    so how can you protect them now then? Put your schedule around what time your towers will be open for assault? I agree with him, make it all 25% all the time
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

You just plant your controller so that it's vulnerable period is when the majority of your guild membership is available to defend it. If you jacked up you controller's timing...replant it. 25% all the time is silly cause most guilds can not defend 24/7. Yay...real fun to take out another guild's tower if they don't even show up to the fight.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Just like vietnam... dont attack at tea time.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Oh...and as far as an increase in PVP...it has increased DRAMATICALLY from my point of view. I can find fights just about all day long if I wished it. If you are not a guild leader, ask her where the fights are. The leaders are notified of every tower attack, regardless of faction involved. I always notify my members of attacks in case they wish to assist my fellow Clan leaders defending their controllers. Also your leader can find out information on the leader channel where troops are needed for both attack and defense.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Yes, I have not had any trouble finding fights, or finding bases that are at 25% gas but aren't under attack already.

The thing that torques me off, personally, is people who 'fake' an attack by starting to form up as if to invade, then just going away once the people from your own guild start leaving their teams and show up.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.